Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 12, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,726 of 7,306
Just got the Mest , hoping it would be a great complimentary IEM to my CA Atlas and Legend X. Certainly is. So happy with it. Got it in 5 days from Musicteck….from USA to Australia! GREAT service from Andrew.

Andrew is awesome!

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #1,727 of 7,306
Just got my UM Mest yesterday. I paired it with several amps (Hiby R6 2020, Hugo 2, Lotoo Paw S1) and believe it or not, my favorite pairing is with the Lotoo Paw S1. Clean, clear and neutral sound signature. I love the fit of the Comply tips, but the sound is a bit dark. I then switched to double flange Spinfit cp240 and then the magic occurred. Really great, balanced sound. Good treble and bass extension. Nice sound stage. Great detail and separation. Love the bass. Sounds great with all genres of music.

I did try the AutoEQ settings in wavelet and I was surprised that it had a significant bump in the 1-3k range. My brain could have been confused by the EQ. So, I'll go back later to listen again with the other sources to see if my initial impression changes. For now, I really love the UM Mest with the Lotoo Paw S1 and Spinfit cp240 double flange tips.

Feb 12, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,729 of 7,306
Find a straw buyer in Japan and have them pick one up for you.

Feb 12, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #1,731 of 7,306
Feb 12, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #1,732 of 7,306
Just got my UM Mest yesterday. I paired it with several amps (Hiby R6 2020, Hugo 2, Lotoo Paw S1) and believe it or not, my favorite pairing is with the Lotoo Paw S1. Clean, clear and neutral sound signature. I love the fit of the Comply tips, but the sound is a bit dark. I then switched to double flange Spinfit cp240 and then the magic occurred. Really great, balanced sound. Good treble and bass extension. Nice sound stage. Great detail and separation. Love the bass. Sounds great with all genres of music.

I did try the AutoEQ settings in wavelet and I was surprised that it had a significant bump in the 1-3k range. My brain could have been confused by the EQ. So, I'll go back later to listen again with the other sources to see if my initial impression changes. For now, I really love the UM Mest with the Lotoo Paw S1 and Spinfit cp240 double flange tips.
Yes! I found exactly the same thing....Spinfit cp240 are great with these. Could be that with the deeper insertion....the closer contact the iem shell gets with the ear...which may assist with the bone conductor driver.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #1,735 of 7,306
Anyone here has either the HK or JP version? Does the extra hole has the pressure relieve function? Saw article by HK side said that the 2nd hole has this function..

I had the JP version and it did have the second vent and extra opening in the nozzle. It was advertised as relieving pressure.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #1,736 of 7,306
Okay. Today, I figured out how to get the best sound with my Mest and Hugo 2. First, I switched to the Symbio W tips to warm up the sound a bit. The Symbio Ws are like a middle ground between foam tips and silicone. But, when I did that, it gave me a much warmer sound signature, but I lost the airiness of the treble. So, I set up the AutoEQ parametric presets and that did the trick. Got back a nice balanced sound with lots of detail, great bass and airy treble for classical and jazz. The only problem is the soundstage is a bit smaller, but it is a fantastic sound.

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #1,739 of 7,306
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back