Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Apr 5, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #151 of 553
Until I've got a shipping notification from Lawrance (@Cotnijoe), I'll let people apply. Application doesn't guarantee success, even if I've called your attention. Applicants will be assessed on their merits. Right now there have been 13 applicants for 5 Mason v3 slots, and 6 applicants for 5 Mentor v3 slots. There may still be some more folks coming in.

Would folks prefer I close down applications at the end of the week? What would we all talk about until the review units ship?

We'd go full teenage fangirl and start writing short storiesabout IEMS.

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #152 of 553
We'd go full teenage fangirl and start writing short storiesabout IEMS.
Dear diary,

Today I met the most wonderful IEMs. At first they seemed to feel a bit blue, but they soon warmed up (above 31 C) and then everything became clear. Indeed, they seemed to have a talent for adjusting to whatever mood I was in. Sometimes closed and intimate, while at other times they would open up a bit more and that would feel like a breath of fresh air just when I needed it. They did have their quirkiness, sometimes switching around from being a smooth operator to become crisp and clear in their intentions.

...I think, dear diary, that we shall have the most wonderful time together.

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #153 of 553
Dear diary,

Today I met the most wonderful IEMs. At first they seemed to feel a bit blue, but they soon warmed up (above 31 C) and then everything became clear. Indeed, they seemed to have a talent for adjusting to whatever mood I was in. Sometimes closed and intimate, while at other times they would open up a bit more and that would feel like a breath of fresh air just when I needed it. They did have their quirkiness, sometimes switching around from being a smooth operator to become crisp and clear in their intentions.

Brilliant response. Well done! :clap::clap::clap::sunglasses:

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #154 of 553
Dear diary,

Sir, I take my hat off to you :D

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #156 of 553
My next in line lost the monitors. He said the package is not there.
Well that's bad. Shipped with tracking and signature?

For reference, signed and tracked delivery will be required for the European Tour. So if a package is lost, there will be a paper trail.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #157 of 553
My next in line lost the monitors. He said the package is not there.
Whattt? (Darth Vader stylee) :p
As in you sent them and the next reviewer said they never arrived?

Apr 8, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #160 of 553
@Cotnijoe

Since the Mentor is lost, may I be transferred to the Mason list instead? I don't mind being on the bottom if that's necessary.

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #161 of 553
Thanks man! You'll love the movies.
And the mason really is great. a lot of people are saying the V8, A18T and Mason V3 are the 3 best of the moment, and I think I have to agree
Fascinating stuff! You have surely piqued my curiosity. But who are all these people that are claiming this, and where are they saying it? I know Marcus has all three, but outside of that I have literally never seen anybody posting about all three, anywhere. Or would you say Marcus by himself counts as a lot of people? He is a very proficient reviewer.

Since you agree with them, could you please compare the A18 to the Mentor V3? It would be very helpful to learn about their differences in treble extension, quantity of the midrange, and general tone.

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #162 of 553
Fascinating stuff! You have surely piqued my curiosity. But who are all these people that are claiming this, and where are they saying it? I know Marcus has all three, but outside of that I have literally never seen anybody posting about all three, anywhere. Or would you say Marcus by himself counts as a lot of people? He is a very proficient reviewer.

Since you agree with them, could you please compare the A18 to the Mentor V3? It would be very helpful to learn about their differences in treble extension, quantity of the midrange, and general tone.

I've only had a brief at show listen to the A18T and I didn't like it. I thought the Tia Fourte was many orders of magnitude better. Could have been the unit at CanJam London 2017, but it also could have been that it really does have strange phase effects that allow you to hear how the drivers are dividing the soundstage into sections rather than a cohesive whole. The A18T didn't rock my world in any way. The Tia Fourte is amazing. Also Stereo Pravda SB7 has a phenominal sound on par with the Tia Fourte.

Never heard the VE8.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #163 of 553
So news for those itching for a European Tour. I've selected participants and they are being reviewed by @Cotnijoe. Applicants should know their status soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back