Ultrasone Signature DXP
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 141

retrophonic

100+ Head-Fier
I couldn't find a thread on this recently released model, so I thought I would create one. According to fujiya-avic they share the same driver as the Signature Dj and also have the same target audience. Additional info.

dpx.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 141
Dec 20, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 141
I’m waiting to read reviews on this headphone it was recently released as I want to know how it compares to Ultrasone Signature Pro, which I own. Apparently it has V shape signature sound. I’m actually looking for an headphone that has bass slam for genres, rock, pop, dance music. Not a fan of bright headphones as I have the AKG812 is very bright I rarely listen to.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 141
Okay, after a little more experimenting, I think that this is probably the Ultrasone I like most without any EQ to date :)

It has the bass of Sig DJ, which was an amazing bass, but it has a brither midrange and treble, kinda like Signature Pro, and like Signature Studio really really impressed thus far with the overall tuning. The resolution is as good as Ultrasone always is, amazing.

Slightly different color combination from the usual Ultrasone, this time with gray parts and green accents. I think it is pretty cool-looking!

DZVV-GoX4AI4KYM.jpg:large

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #11 of 141
Thanks for the update, I’m currenly using the Audeze Sines, but it looks like these will be my next headphone purchase for Hip Hop and EDM.

This is pure love with hip-hop and EDM :)

Will post more impressions and thoughts soon

The bass is really really impressive. I mean, it is detailed, clean, quick, but it has great body and impact, exactly how a high quality headphone should sound like with a tad more bass

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 141
Thanks very much for the posts so far.

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #14 of 141
I'm currently using signature dj. is it worth to upgrade to dxp?

I think that the treble on DXP is on another level, much more energetic, more life, more uplifting

Signature DJ is smooth and not as well expressed in the treble, reminds of some smoother ultrasones like DJ One Pro, while DXP has both an excellent bass and an excellent treble, it is much more of an all-rounder for me.

I am not sure about detail and clarity itself, but the detail revealing or rather how much the detail is expressed is better on DXP. Not sure if this makes sense, but it is possible to have a lot of detail but have it blended with the background, and it is also possible to have slightly less detail, but more expressed, especially like DXP which has the detail revealing abilities top notch :)

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #15 of 141
I think that the treble on DXP is on another level, much more energetic, more life, more uplifting

Signature DJ is smooth and not as well expressed in the treble, reminds of some smoother ultrasones like DJ One Pro, while DXP has both an excellent bass and an excellent treble, it is much more of an all-rounder for me.

I am not sure about detail and clarity itself, but the detail revealing or rather how much the detail is expressed is better on DXP. Not sure if this makes sense, but it is possible to have a lot of detail but have it blended with the background, and it is also possible to have slightly less detail, but more expressed, especially like DXP which has the detail revealing abilities top notch :)

Thank you so much! A friend of mine will buy dxp next week i'll try and compare with theese i hope it will helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back