Ultrasone Signature DXP
Jul 3, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #32 of 141
My review on Ultrasone Signature DXP is live now :)

Those are some darn good-looking headphones that will surely please you and make you see how far closed-back headphones have gotten :)

I've included a few in-depth comparisons with other key Headphones that one might be considering in this price range :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/07/ultrasone-signature-dxp-legend-continues.html

Ultrasone-Signature-DXP-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-20.jpg

Ultrasone-Signature-DXP-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-04.jpg

Ultrasone-Signature-DXP-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-18.jpg

Ultrasone-Signature-DXP-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-32.jpg

Ultrasone-Signature-DXP-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-23.jpg

Ultrasone-Signature-DXP-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-33.jpg

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #33 of 141
Hi all. I've been a proud owner of the DXP for a few months now. However, the low quality of the leatherette ear pads are starting to show. It's starting to "harden" and there are visible small cracks if I look carefully enough. This translates to an increasingly uncomfortable listening experience. Does anyone have any solutions to this? I'm not sure there are any alternate ear pads that are compatible with the DXP currently.

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #34 of 141
Hi all. I've been a proud owner of the DXP for a few months now. However, the low quality of the leatherette ear pads are starting to show. It's starting to "harden" and there are visible small cracks if I look carefully enough. This translates to an increasingly uncomfortable listening experience. Does anyone have any solutions to this? I'm not sure there are any alternate ear pads that are compatible with the DXP currently.

Interesting... My pair doesn't show those symptoms quite yet, but I will look into what other pads one can use for Sig DXP :)

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #35 of 141
I had the same issues with stock pads on the HFI 680's, and am very happy with these replacements, nice and soft = much better quality than stock.
Gave some sets to 2 other owners and they are also very happy with them.
I assume the housing on the DXP is similar so these should work .
Worth a try and best part is they are relatively low cost and near identical dimensions
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacemen...256907?hash=item28371bbe4b:g:0TYAAOSwXetZO1Zc
Seller is good and tends to ship/arrive pretty fast compared to most

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #36 of 141
I had the same issues with stock pads on the HFI 680's, and am very happy with these replacements, nice and soft = much better quality than stock.
Gave some sets to 2 other owners and they are also very happy with them.
I assume the housing on the DXP is similar so these should work .
Worth a try and best part is they are relatively low cost and near identical dimensions
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacemen...256907?hash=item28371bbe4b:g:0TYAAOSwXetZO1Zc
Seller is good and tends to ship/arrive pretty fast compared to most

Those are round, and the Sig DXP is more oval as far as I can see, so it might not fit exactly as well

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #37 of 141
DSCF9861.JPG DSCF9863.JPG
680 housings are slightly oval , the pads adjust to that perfectly. :)
Comparing the cup construction carefully to your pics of the DXP the dimensions appear similar.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #38 of 141

680 housings are slightly oval , the pads adjust to that perfectly. :)
Comparing the cup construction carefully to your pics of the DXP the dimensions appear similar.

I had the Dj One Pro as well, which was entirely round, so I supposed that the HIFI 680 was similar :)

Yes, HIFI 680 looks similar in size to Sig DXP, so those pads should work. I may even get a pair myself to see how they fit, although the hardest part right now seems removing the leatherette pads on DXP, which are really fit in place :)

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #40 of 141
Hi all.
I am also looking for a better/ more comfortable pads for my DXPs. On the other topic there is an info that AT MSR7 pads are the same size:
I managed finding a set of aftermarket MSR7 fabric pads which perfectly matching the stock pads in both size and shape. As the inward facing sides of the fabric pads are still pleather, it only affect the frequency response slightly. By playing a frequency sweep tone I detect roughly +0.5db between 4kHz to 7kHz range, which actually make the FR a bit more balance.

The fabric pads make the Signature Pro more comfortable to wear. Unfortunately the pads are only available from a shop on Taobao.

So this might be even better (genuine leather):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Le...-Headphones-/183252594850?hash=item2aaab4b0a2

and some higher spec :)?
https://dekoniaudio.com/filter/?pro...+ath-msr7&product_cat=audio-technica+ath-msr7

will probably try one of these

Cheers

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #41 of 141

I have bought and tried pleather pads similar to these. They have smaller opening and made the sound stage more congested front to rear. I don't like them but you may tried

Dekoni pads are definitely NO! The inward facing sides of Dekoni pads are flat surface instead of curve surface, they will completely block the S-logic vents on the baffle and make weird sound when you wear the headphones.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #42 of 141
I should add that I wore the 680 again yesterday and these pads I linked are still very soft.
I'll have a peek at MSR7 pads I might have some aftermarket ones here to check.
You'll likely toy with the bass a bit using fabric ones , they obviously won't seal properly but you likely knew that already. never know maybe you'll like the fabric.

Found some ( don't ask I have so many pads I lose track )
These are aftermarket MSR7 pads ( seen at the right hand side ).
Height is similar, fairly close on comfort, but the inner opening is most definitely a smaller earside oval after mounting.
DSCF9868.JPG DSCF9869.JPG

OOPS it appears I misread the above posts.
Anyhow it at least demonstrates the variations between aftermarket pads, so buyer beware.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #43 of 141
I have bought and tried pleather pads similar to these. They have smaller opening and made the sound stage more congested front to rear. I don't like them but you may tried

Dekoni pads are definitely NO! The inward facing sides of Dekoni pads are flat surface instead of curve surface, they will completely block the S-logic vents on the baffle and make weird sound when you wear the headphones.

That is not a good news;/
Haven't thought about blocking the vents. Damn I really need a better/ more comfortable pads. B&o h6's are soo much more comfortable that i might even consider selling my DXP even though they are clear winners in sq..
Have anyone found pads that are more comfy and do not degrade sound signature?
Thanks!

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #44 of 141
It is strange Ultrasone have opted to provide such low quality pads for such a premium product. DJ headphones should be made with long lasting comfort in mind. The pads on my Pro 900 were far more comfortable and much longer lasting, as each set can last up to up 3-4 years depending on your usage. Really hoping they come out with official replacement pads, or at least a premium upgrade for those of us who already own the DXP and would like a better alternative.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #45 of 141
It is strange Ultrasone have opted to provide such low quality pads for such a premium product. DJ headphones should be made with long lasting comfort in mind. The pads on my Pro 900 were far more comfortable and much longer lasting, as each set can last up to up 3-4 years depending on your usage. Really hoping they come out with official replacement pads, or at least a premium upgrade for those of us who already own the DXP and would like a better alternative.
Exactly my thoughts ..
You can buy replacement pads, not expensive.

https://shop.ultrasone.com/en/product/earpads-signature-studio-dxp/

But upgrade option would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back