Ultrasone Signature DXP
Apr 16, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #16 of 141
How do these do with metal?
I love my signature pro dj

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 141
How do these do with metal?
I love my signature pro dj

Signature pro and signature dj are different, I am confused what you mean there as I imagine you would like one above the other :)

In short, I love DXP with metal. Even more than Signature Studio, DJ One Pro or Signature DJ.

Thing is , DXP has the best signature for metal because it keeps the amazing deep bass and visceral impact of Signature DJ, combined with the amazing soundstage of Signature Studio, and the transients of Studio. The details might be slihgtly less than signature DJ, but the overall tonal balance and overall fun with metal is better, metal is more uplifting, more forward, with more cymbal crashes, so it is more impressive. this also means that it is more fatiguing, this is not a relaxing nor a laid back headphone, it is an upbeat, uplifting, impactful and fun headphone, not something smooth or calm, this works really well with everything I tried, but metal sure is a lovely combination

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 141
Nah sorry, just meant I like the signature pro dj and wondering if this is even better. It's between this and the cascade. I like metal and hip hop

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #19 of 141
Nah sorry, just meant I like the signature pro dj and wondering if this is even better. It's between this and the cascade. I like metal and hip hop
Lol the problem is that there is no such thing as a “signature pro dj”. There is an Ultrasone Signature Pro, and an Ultrasone Signature DJ (and now the Ultrasone Signature DXP).

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #20 of 141
Apologies. I already own Ultrasone Signature DJ Closed Headphones with S-Logic PLUS.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #21 of 141

I haven't heard Cascade, and I cannot talk for comfort, as Signature DXP is not very large, so I do not know how the fit will be for everyone, but for me it is most okay, although it is smaller and on the shallower cup side of things. On the other hand, it isolates quite well.

The sound alone makes Sig DXP one of the best closed backs at sub 700$, and if we're talking closed back headphones, it would be really really hard to find anything to best it in this price range, for soundstage size, instrument separation, and tonal balance. It really gets close to Ie800 in terms of everything, and that is one of my favorite IEMs.

If you own the Signature DJ, those have a brighter sound, with a more energetic treble, they are more revealing, more uplifting, more dynamic and they have better textures / timing. Sign DJ might have a hair more details, but the tonal balance makes the details stand out less when compared to Sig DXP.

May 5, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 141
I'm hopeful you will get around to some in depth impressions after a bit more time with these.
Still on my radar quite heavily.
No pressure, the best things take time :)

May 5, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #24 of 141
dj's is still da king. Much better texture much better bass. I'll not quit to use it :)

Well, it is a smoother experience, and Ultrasone doesn't price DXP above Signature either, so I think that we're in agreement.

Although, for the overall tonal balance, DXP is more energetic, thing which I actually appreciate a lot!

I'm hopeful you will get around to some in depth impressions after a bit more time with these.
Still on my radar quite heavily.
No pressure, the best things take time :)

Don't worry, just share your thoughts with us when you're ready!

May 5, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #25 of 141
Oh I have not got them (yet) ,
I was hoping you yourself had some extra impressions. :)
I'm very close though.

May 6, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #26 of 141
Oh I have not got them (yet) ,
I was hoping you yourself had some extra impressions. :)
I'm very close though.

I think they're amazing, alright.

It is hard to describe that which sounds natural and really spot-on :)

Signature DXP is like Ultrasone found the exact right amounts of everything, just the right treble, just the right midrange and just the right bass, things go deep, things have impact, and sparkle, everything is tonally speaking, how a really ideal U/V shaped headphone shjould sound like!

Dcfh1rgW4AAtYIN.jpg:large

Jun 18, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #30 of 141
Hi,
i found this thread while looking for a headphone that will be an improvement over my current headphone the Fidelio X2.
Im using the Fidelio X2 as my computer-headset for games, music and videos. It is driven by a Lake People G100 FE amp and JDS LABS Objective Dac. Awesome and powerful setup.

Following a few infos that may make recommendations easier.

Source for the new headphone:

- AK 70 MK II dap
- no EQ (shame on you iRiver. make it work!!!)

open/closed/in- or over ear headphones wanted?

- it doesnt matter. sound quality is important.

i listen to:

- all kind of music (HipHop, Electronic, Acid Jazz, Metal, Rock, Groovy Music...)

how should the new headphone sound like?

- more Bass than Fidelio X2, especially in the deeper lows, i want to be able to hear the different layers of the bass and dont have only „one boomy tone“
- i want to hear as much details as possible of a song
- i want to hear mids, i dont want them to be quiet
- i want to hear sparkling and detailed highs
- i dont like harsh or metallic tones

I want a fun sounding headphone thats more powerful regarding lows thans the X2 and if it will have improved mids and highs that would be fine.

For those of you who already enjoy(ed) a Fidelio X2. Is there a headphone that will be a big step up and capable to double the fun and the magic of the X2?
Maybe the Ultrasone Signature DXP?

I read so much about all kind of headphones my head is exploding. I cant audition all headphones i read about so i want to restrict the number of headphones i will order to three pieces.

I read about:

- Ultrasone Signature DXP
- Meze 99 Neo
- Beyerdynamic 770 Pro 32 Ohm, T51p / DT1350, Aventho wired
- Sennheiser HD7 DJ / HD8 DJ, Momentum 2.0 wired
- Denon AH-D7200
- Fostex TH-610

I will be happy about every recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back