Ultrasone Signature DJ
Apr 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #751 of 2,701
Quote:
The thing is, I just can't get over that obvious Beats styling. Every damn day ill have to explain to people that they're not beats.

That is my thought as well.  From a more practical standpoint, I have read they are very uncomfortable.  I consider the the Sig DJ to be very comfortable, just with a bit extra clamp for portable use.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #752 of 2,701
Apr 4, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #754 of 2,701
Just curious if anyone has done a comparison between the ultrasone signature dj vs something like the audeze lcd-2 :)

X2 A side by side comparison would be great because my experience with then wasn't so great but it was a completely new set unburned and well let's her say conditions were poor. So if anybody can relate this to an LCD-2 where I somehow know more about, it would be great

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #755 of 2,701
I have been using the Sig DJ for several months  I noticed that the colour is not white anymore and it is turning into milky white colour.   Any of you noticed that? 

How can I clean it and keep it white? or it cannot turn back into "WHITE"? 

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #756 of 2,701
That is why I prefer black for headphones!!! It is hard to think of a method of cleaning the rubbery surface without destroying it.

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #757 of 2,701
Ugh! Really!?!?
So it will be like the old plastic thingies (i.e. like the Super NIntendos which were gray but turned yellow with time!?! LOL!!)?

That is not good...

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #759 of 2,701
Quote:
I have been using the Sig DJ for several months  I noticed that the colour is not white anymore and it is turning into milky white colour.   Any of you noticed that? 

How can I clean it and keep it white? or it cannot turn back into "WHITE"? 

Quote:
Mine are still all white. Well not all not the black parts.

@kawee- do you use them in smokey environments or are you a smoker?  This may be the cause as I have not had a change in coloration.

Perhaps the material is burning in?
wink_face.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #760 of 2,701
Just curious if anyone has done a comparison between the ultrasone signature dj vs something like the audeze lcd-2 :)

My comparison probably isn't the best one, since I no longer have the SigDJs and didn't much care for them, but since you haven't gotten a response yet, here are my brief impressions: while they can both be impressive in their bass response, it seems to be in pretty distinctly different ways. The SigDJs definitely had significantly more impact-- in fact, I'd say they have the most impactful bass I've ever heard in headphones, period. (My experience is nowhere near as broad as some here, but nonetheless, the point stands for me). The SigDJ also puts significantly more emphasis on the bass than the LCD-2s, which present the bass in a much more linear (in relation to the rest of the spectrum) manner. Also, I'd say the bass on the LCD-2 is noticeably better textured and detailed, and while I wouldn't swear to it (this comparison comes from memory, not side-by-side like the others), I believe the LCD-2 went a bit lower as well. So in my mind, SigDJs dominate on impact, and the LCD-2 takes the cake on pretty much everything else.

Again, I may not be the best reference here, as I'm pretty deeply in love with my LCD-2 and didn't keep the SigDJs, but I think that others would probably agree with the broad strokes of my observations. Hope this helps!!

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #762 of 2,701
My comparison probably isn't the best one, since I no longer have the SigDJs and didn't much care for them, but since you haven't gotten a response yet, here are my brief impressions: while they can both be impressive in their bass response, it seems to be in pretty distinctly different ways. The SigDJs definitely had significantly more impact-- in fact, I'd say they have the most impactful bass I've ever heard in headphones, period. (My experience is nowhere near as broad as some here, but nonetheless, the point stands for me). The SigDJ also puts significantly more emphasis on the bass than the LCD-2s, which present the bass in a much more linear (in relation to the rest of the spectrum) manner. Also, I'd say the bass on the LCD-2 is noticeably better textured and detailed, and while I wouldn't swear to it (this comparison comes from memory, not side-by-side like the others), I believe the LCD-2 went a bit lower as well. So in my mind, SigDJs dominate on impact, and the LCD-2 takes the cake on pretty much everything else.

Again, I may not be the best reference here, as I'm pretty deeply in love with my LCD-2 and didn't keep the SigDJs, but I think that others would probably agree with the broad strokes of my observations. Hope this helps!!

Ok so to sum up the sig DJ lose out in every way in sq other than impact. Hmmm.... I was able to try it previously but the conditions were poor and the sig dj was completely new.

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #764 of 2,701
The Signature DJ is damn addictive with its superbly fun signature. I haven't listened to the HD 800 for a few weeks now. 

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #765 of 2,701
Sorry for having to ask this; but how do you register these?
I received a "warranty certification" card on which it said reg@ultrasone.com and says 5 years warranty in multiple languages, but after searching for ages on Head-Fi I keep ending up with results which just say that you should register.
I am extremely sorry if it turns out I'm just really stupid by the way.

Also, I would give a review/impressions, but I have no amp and my other headphones are MTPGs and MDR-V150 so everything about them is amazing; clarity, soundstage, bass impact, but, obviously, coming from MTPGs, their bass feels lacking, but after personal adjustment, they're perfect; isolation is incredible and they are extremely comfortable...But I have nothing to compare to properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back