Ultrasone Signature DJ
Apr 26, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #2,583 of 2,701
Hi guys ,

I bought Ultrasone DXP , But I want change stock cable to balanced cable , How can I do that ?

G9VZ9N.jpg

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,584 of 2,701
Hi guys ,

I bought Ultrasone DXP , But I want change stock cable to balanced cable , How can I do that ?

G9VZ9N.jpg

I don't think that is possible, the cable seems to be Ultrasone standard which is Single Ended.

You could do that with heavier modifications, like getting the cable out of each cup, but it requires such a degree of modding them that you'd need to really consider what you're doing, as the risk of damaging them is high compared to the potential improvement by going balanced.

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2,585 of 2,701
Selling mine on head fi forum if anyone interested. Mint condition

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #2,586 of 2,701
Love to but unfortunately can’t afford to buy a pair I’ve already owned.

also my v-moda m100’s recabled occ spc and balanced are for sale for a song.

Kind regards
Ryan

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #2,587 of 2,701
Hello,

I’ve had the DJ Signature now for about 1.5 years. I wear them in the evenings probably 5 days out of the week. The ear pads have worn down noticeably. I was considering purchasing new pads from Ultrasone directly. But I thought I’d check here first. I’ve read through the forum and see that many have discussed options. Anybody come to a conclusion of what would be a good replacement.

Also, in the past I’ve played around with the ear cups, I tried rotating them. I’m not exactly sure how they’re attached. Anyone have pointers on getting the ear pads off. I really don’t want to damage these. I love them.

FYI, I got these from Moon Audio with black drago cables hardwired. WOW

I have to have closed backs because the wife would kill me. Ive has Fostex mk900 too, but these headphones at least in my opinion are my favorite. Also doesn’t hurt I’m using Hugo2 + WA8 to play them.

Sep 18, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #2,588 of 2,701
Hello,

I’ve had the DJ Signature now for about 1.5 years. I wear them in the evenings probably 5 days out of the week. The ear pads have worn down noticeably. I was considering purchasing new pads from Ultrasone directly. But I thought I’d check here first. I’ve read through the forum and see that many have discussed options. Anybody come to a conclusion of what would be a good replacement.

Also, in the past I’ve played around with the ear cups, I tried rotating them. I’m not exactly sure how they’re attached. Anyone have pointers on getting the ear pads off. I really don’t want to damage these. I love them.

FYI, I got these from Moon Audio with black drago cables hardwired. WOW

I have to have closed backs because the wife would kill me. Ive has Fostex mk900 too, but these headphones at least in my opinion are my favorite. Also doesn’t hurt I’m using Hugo2 + WA8 to play them.

Check out this link to see how to remove them: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ult...ne-signature-pro.570388/page-118#post-9989562

I have the ZMF and I love them :)

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #2,589 of 2,701
Hi there guys,

I am about to pull the trigger on the DJ‘s but wanted to ask first, how does it compare to the DXP? I really want something non fatiqung with nice Bass and the DJ‘s seem to fit the bill. I can also get them for 549€, the DXP would cost 499€. Sorry if a comparison has been made before, I cannot search this thread somehow, no matter what I type in it says there are no results.

Also, I got the Adam Audio SP-5 just yesterday and while I really like the sound quality, soundstage and so on, they have a harsh spike at 10khz. When I run a sweep, everything seems rather flat and all of the sudden there is this piercing peak at 10khz. Listenting to music its okay, but I would love to try either the DXP or DJ‘s as well.. right now I Suppose that its gonna be the DJ‘s just for the real leather alone.

Looking forward to any comparisons between the two! :)

Nov 7, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #2,590 of 2,701
Well i ordered these for a second time. I think i was inpatient the first time and i didn't have a good first impression. I sent them back after listening to them for only a few minutes :/ I'll hold on to them a little longer this time as i really hope that i can finally say i have a proper set of basshead audiophile headphones (i've been yearning for a portable version of the TH900s).

Nov 7, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #2,592 of 2,701
And if i really like them, i think i'll place some transparent tape on the white portions of the headphones to avoid that yellow staining haha:beyersmile:

I like that you're optimistic :)

Maybe they managed to get a different coating that doesn't go yellow!

You should also really try Signature DXP, it really is a dream headphone in every possible way :)

Nov 7, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #2,593 of 2,701
I like that you're optimistic :)

Maybe they managed to get a different coating that doesn't go yellow!

You should also really try Signature DXP, it really is a dream headphone in every possible way :)
a

I thought about the DXP but i am not a fan of fake leather material. I'm in the process of getting my TH900's headband and earpads being ''leatherified'' by Vesper Audio haha.

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #2,594 of 2,701
a

I thought about the DXP but i am not a fan of fake leather material. I'm in the process of getting my TH900's headband and earpads being ''leatherified'' by Vesper Audio haha.

I can totally understand that, but I would consider getting the Sig DXP and getting leather pads and leather headband for them as well, they are just that amazing!~....

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #2,595 of 2,701
a

I definitely reccomend you try the DXP as well. Compared side by side with the Djs, they sound more open and even imo.

Do you know why you've sent back the Djs so quickly the first time? :) I will probably not keep the Djs since the DXPs mids are damn beautiful, less "recessed" as on the Djs, but its preference which suits the listener as well.

If you get the chance, I would advice you to get both and do a side by side comparison! As soon as I do that, the DXPs shine even more. The difference between them becomes immediately noticeable when I listen to Rock for example, snares just sound more realistic with more sparkle, where as the Djs seem to sound more relaxed/warm in that area. When you listen to the Djs and swap to the DXPs you will also notice an improvement in clarity to female vocals especially. To me they just sound more natural and involving, but, the Djs have more bass so again, it really boils down to preference, but dare I say, I think the bass on the DXPs sounds a tad more refined. :)

But! I can't stress this enough.. Both are amazing and on their own! It's really a preference thing and if I could, I would keep both. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back