Ultrasone Signature DJ
Aug 24, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #2,431 of 2,701
  hi wondering about, someone said "the Signature DJ the max input is 100 mW (40 mW RMS)"

i have a JDS Labs Element, can i damage the headphone with the power of this amp, if i use too much power?

If you crank the volume up loud enough you probably could but i wouldnt recommend listening to them that loud.

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #2,432 of 2,701
was thinking of giving the signature dj a try, didnt like the signature pro, because of the triangle metal shielding, and titanium doesnt sound too good, this was going to have some larger area

is the signature dj with its 50 mm (mylar), still efficient to almost or better in some perspective than the signature pro, to deliver sub bass and kicks, how would you describe it?

how would you describe the tonality
and how good are the highs/treble, are there an extension

midrange

does the bass, give a really strong punch, with the kicks?

have a pair of ultrasone dj1 pro, that now doesnt sound so good, used it for some years back

how good would the signature dj, fit for psytrance? is it enough with details and a nice expressions for all the sounds incorporated in the genre

an example: https://suntriprecords1.bandcamp.com/track/pixel-voyager

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #2,436 of 2,701
i think in the earlier pages there were a few who had both some like the pros better and some liked the sig djs better , I can tell you from my experience I prefer the sig djs to the th600s though.

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #2,439 of 2,701
i think in the earlier pages there were a few who had both some like the pros better and some liked the sig djs better , I can tell you from my experience I prefer the sig djs to the th600s though.

have you tried any other fostex headphone / denon, massdrop

is the signature djs, more sweet, or much more articulated, refined than those?

tried the th610 recently, could have been a bad pair, but the whole spectrum got muddy, and you couldnt hear any details of the drivers, after a while, at around 100 db

wasnt a impactful bass, and nothing stood out which was really a misadvantage of a 500 - 600 euro's headphone

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #2,440 of 2,701
I have the th600s haven't heard the mass drop lineup I would say the th600s or any of the fostex/ mass drop lineup might fair better better amped but unamped no competition the sig djs every time. I like the my th600s with a decent amp but to sound as good as the sig djs for me that's what it took ,but if you take the amp off the table I would grab the sig djs every time.

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #2,441 of 2,701
For classical I would go open ,the djs work well for classical but not to the level of the the hd800s or the ether but does alot better for edm, house, hip hop and metal.

someone is offering to sell them for $300, I currently have the ultrasone 2900, but i blew the drivers and now it crackles in lower frequencies. Would the Fostex 600 be better instead (also sold for about $300 now).

They're also for home use, isolation and portability are of no concern, I have a decent amp/dac. 

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #2,443 of 2,701
Oh I would still go with the sig djs the vocals on the th600s are going to sound a little more recessed than the sig djs. If you can get the djs for 300 that's a steal most of us paid full retail. Remember the th600s are too fragile to take on the go and need a decent amp to reach its full potential or it my sound a little hollow and not as full bodied without one. At least you don't need a amp with the djs and are pretty sturdy to take out and about.

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #2,445 of 2,701
Oh I would still go with the sig djs the vocals on the th600s are going to sound a little more recessed than the sig djs. If you can get the djs for 300 that's a steal most of us paid full retail. Remember the th600s are too fragile to take on the go and need a decent amp to reach its full potential or it my sound a little hollow and not as full bodied without one. At least you don't need a amp with the djs and are pretty sturdy to take out and about.

i only want them for home use really and i've got a dac/amp (it's what blew the 2900 drivers up). I'd also be open to any other recommendations if you have them, I want the ultrasone's because they're easy on the ears (aren;t they?) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back