Ultrasone Signature DJ
Aug 24, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2,446 of 2,701
i've also found their frequency response

Ultrasone_Signature%20DJ_fr_impedance.png

http://personalaudio.ru/raa/otchety/naushniki/ultrasone-signature-dj/

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #2,447 of 2,701
They are and they do have a smooth presentation. They only problem is the clamping issue but it's not that bad. The bass is not overpowering and refined. Now the other ones that I enjoyed was the Pandora vi really really underrated for its price, the ether c flow ( expensive ) hifiman he edition x , the audeze lcd x but for under 1,000 usd for me it's the Pandora vi or the sig djs.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #2,449 of 2,701

how good would the signature dj, fit for psytrance? is it enough with details and a nice expressions for all the sounds incorporated in the genre

an example: https://suntriprecords1.bandcamp.com/track/pixel-voyager

I listen mostly to Psy trance. Sig DJ are quite good with Psy. But I would not recommend buying at full price, try to get a used one at a lower price.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #2,450 of 2,701
The Signature DJs are still one of my favorite closed-back headphones. The only bad thing on them is the color (mine I've cleaned them about 5 times now and they look... awful! LOL) and the comfort. Plus once the pads deteriorate... Yikes!! I'm actually using some other pads (I think ZMF cowhides!?! Not even sure) and although the comfort is great, the sound signature changed :frowning2:. Still, using them on my main PC and for PS4 movies/games/etc.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #2,451 of 2,701
got a pair today, couldnt get the right channel to work, any other's that has got a, defective item by post?

i could return it, it seems, without any problem, and get a replacement unit

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #2,452 of 2,701
the sound is quite good, only a bit metallic, in the highs/treble

is there any one, that can get a bit frustrated with the metal shielding, for the reason, the signal doesn't reach close enough, and the extension to the ear is in loss, in some extent

are there any pads, of higher quality that would work with these, except zmf's protein leather, that could close the distance between the sound and the ear, too make it more vivid?

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #2,455 of 2,701
They are and they do have a smooth presentation. They only problem is the clamping issue but it's not that bad. The bass is not overpowering and refined. Now the other ones that I enjoyed was the Pandora vi really really underrated for its price, the ether c flow ( expensive ) hifiman he edition x , the audeze lcd x but for under 1,000 usd for me it's the Pandora vi or the sig djs.

For me they certainly weren't "smooth" compared to a lot of other headphones I've tried, the treble was fatiguing for me. The bass was quite nice though. But I'm a person who tend to prefer warm/smooth lush mids so I thought Signature DJs weren't 100% fit for that. Bass boosted with lush mids is what I prefer and unfortunately seems like quite uncommon signature, M-Audio Q40 despite it's cheap price seems like the best fit so far.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #2,456 of 2,701
they became more natural sounding with an adjust of the 10khz tone, sounded actually very good, quite good bass, better than most in bass thread

though the thing that made them not to liking, was their (world war 2) designed metal sheilding,
it took away some of the pleasure in listening to these headphones, if they would'nt have had that, it would have been a quite solid headphone

98-99% less radiation and 40% less hearing pressure on the perceived signal to the ear

they had a good vibe to them with dance-music

as someone mentioned for a less, price bought, they are really good, though the ear pads are too expensive,
if the metal shielding is not, of any disenjoyment 

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #2,457 of 2,701
Dang it be all, I just can't help it I am joining in the Sig Dj owner's club. I own the 880's and am quite happy with them. But get tired of turning that volume knob down on my Vorzuge Pure ii + on certain passages on my cds. My Source is good ad is my amp. So I see no reason this shouldn't be a good move. I am ready to get the headband bending a bit to adjust the clamp and buy an omega stand to baby those earpads though. Glad to join in! Should be getting them within a couple week's. Until then, have a great Xmas n' New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back