Ultrasone Signature DJ
Nov 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,261 of 2,701
  Thanks for your input Craigster75! I am leaning towards the Signature Pros at this point as I think they may offer the more neutral (and "tamer bass") sound that is suitable for applications in radio production, while still being able to satisfy me musically.

However, I do love my EDM and I hear that type of music works extremely well on the Signature DJ. Tough choice ahead.

So true.  As a content Sig DJ owner, I will go as far as to say there isn't another headphone made at any price that sounds as good with EDM as the Sig DJ.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #1,262 of 2,701
  Thanks for your input Craigster75! I am leaning towards the Signature Pros at this point as I think they may offer the more neutral (and "tamer bass") sound that is suitable for applications in radio production, while still being able to satisfy me musically.

However, I do love my EDM and I hear that type of music works extremely well on the Signature DJ. Tough choice ahead.

It sounds pretty good on the Sig Pros as well.
I had both, you'll only miss the bigger soundstage, a bit of air up top and a bit of bass from the Sig DJs. The Pro's are a bit more warmer.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #1,263 of 2,701

It sounds pretty good on the Sig Pros as well.

+1 
L3000.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #1,265 of 2,701
hey, so if the ultrasone sig djs are drivable w/o amps, how much would tube amps affect the sound quality? big noticeable difference?

just curious what kinda of sound quality gain would a jump from something like the v-moda m100 + a tube amp like the wa firefly 7 would be equivalent to a jump from the v-moda m100 (no amp) to the sig djs (no amp). since both the woo audio firefly and the sig djs are about $1000, I was curious which is more worth the money.

and finally, what kind of difference would a tube amp like the woo audio firefly make for a pair of headphones that run so perfectly fine w/o amping.

:)

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,266 of 2,701
  hey, so if the ultrasone sig djs are drivable w/o amps, how much would tube amps affect the sound quality? big noticeable difference?

just curious what kinda of sound quality gain would a jump from something like the v-moda m100 + a tube amp like the wa firefly 7 would be equivalent to a jump from the v-moda m100 (no amp) to the sig djs (no amp). since both the woo audio firefly and the sig djs are about $1000, I was curious which is more worth the money.

and finally, what kind of difference would a tube amp like the woo audio firefly make for a pair of headphones that run so perfectly fine w/o amping.

:)

Headphones ALWAYS have the most significant variation related to SQ.  As much as I love the M-100, it would be no contest- Sig DJ unamped over M-100 with ANY amp.

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,267 of 2,701
You can add a Fiio E12 to the Sig Dj Ipod Classic combo turn on the bass boost of the E12 and you are very deep in basshead county. .... So no 1k amp needed to begin with,, but a can like the Sig Dj to perform whatever you throw at it. Even Classical sound perfect with it, like all other genres that I came across during my life.

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,269 of 2,701
hey guys. i am a new user here. have you guys ever heard about ultras one edition 5 ? limited edition only will make 555 pairs world wide. it is very hard to get one and i got one friend in japan who might help me to get one. but i am a new user, i want to share this great oppo to you people. But i couldn't post it.. any thing that can help?

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #1,270 of 2,701
  hey guys. i am a new user here. have you guys ever heard about ultras one edition 5 ? limited edition only will make 555 pairs world wide. it is very hard to get one and i got one friend in japan who might help me to get one. but i am a new user, i want to share this great oppo to you people. But i couldn't post it.. any thing that can help?

Do a search as there is a pretty good sized thread on the Ultrasone 5 already.  Can't link it right now or I would.

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,271 of 2,701
Here is the link
http://www.head-fi.org/t/683919/new-ultrasone-edition-5-hinted-in-the-fujiya-avice-autumn-festival-2013/135#post_10002782
Please post yuor impressions if you really get it.

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #1,272 of 2,701
Good way to say it, yes I'd consider it the best portable.

Soundstage is interesting on these - the S-Logic has never given me the open sound it does others, and as such they sound less open than the Denons.

Dear head-fi members please be more precise - "The best portable" overall or the best portable for only the type of music that you listen to ? Ultrasone line of headphones have a certain frequencies tuning which does not make for an optimal sound signature for classical music or for acoustic type forms of music with vocals, like folk, country, roots, bluegrass, world / ethnic and similar. And especially these headphones are not a good fit for music with predominant vocals, pop music too. A lot of people rely on these head-fi fora to find the information on headphones. We should be precise and specific when describing audio / sound and audio equipment. Try to think and communicate in ways that have good information value. So, the best portable headphones, for what type of music ? 

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,273 of 2,701
  Dear head-fi members please be more precise - "The best portable" overall or the best portable for only the type of music that you listen to ? Ultrasone line of headphones have a certain frequencies tuning which does not make for an optimal sound signature for classical music or for acoustic type forms of music with vocals, like folk, country, roots, bluegrass, world / ethnic and similar. And especially these headphones are not a good fit for music with predominant vocals, pop music too. A lot of people rely on these head-fi fora to find the information on headphones. We should be precise and specific when describing audio / sound and audio equipment. Try to think and communicate in ways that have good information value. So, the best portable headphones, for what type of music ? 

lol... you're in a ultrasone signature DJ appreciation thread... from what I've read on this specific thread, these headphones are "hands down da best portable headphones at everything." of course, if i dropped $999+ on a pair of headphones, I would hope that they are the kind of caliber that can handle all genres w/o any extremely glaring weakness.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,274 of 2,701

You express your opinion as if it is an objective fact, and expect everyone to agree with your opinion.  If you think there are better portable "classical and acoustic" head phones , then name them up; although I suggest you do so in a different thread.

And if you don't think that Head fi is full of "questionable"opinion (lots of inexperienced people expressing subjective opinion, or often more correctly other people's opinions,because they basically repeat what they have read) then you simply aren't reading enough threads.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,275 of 2,701
I'm subjective :D

The closest thing i've listened to from the sig dj's is the hd600 and after that my hfi 580's.

These things sound pretty awesome for classical to me, i love the reverberation i get from the instruments from the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back