Ultrasone Signature DJ
Aug 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,966 of 2,701
  I will return my Sig DJ for a refund, the seller doesn't have any at his stock to replace,,, I will buy it again from another seller,,,, i'm wondering ,,,,Beyerdynamic T5p vs Sig DJ ?? :)

If you are looking for bass, Sig DJs no questions.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,969 of 2,701
Best option = buy all 3 - why put yourself through the agony of choosing one over the other?

tongue.gif

Definitely the best option :wink:

To me the Fostexes are the more versatile headphones, but definitely more fragile and not suited for mobile use (or even frequent transport): too bulky. The Sig DJ folds flat or can be compressed into a rather small ball and doesn't take offense by rude handling.

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #1,971 of 2,701
Is Sig DJ considered to have a big soundstage, On a scale of 0-10 ,, lets say the M50s soundstage is 2, so the Sig DJ is 6?
Actually with the Sig DJ I feel sort of M50 with a massive details by 2 or 3 drivers (twi-mid-sub) on each side and a very good "virtual surround" software.
At some tracks it's like (hey it will be better if I turn off the surround), I don't know maybe the reason is that I got used to a bad soundstaging headphone.

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,972 of 2,701
I'm beginning to believe that alot of musics weren't made to be heard by audiophile headphones,, now with Sid DJ 50% of my tracks (Hip-Hop, Rnb, Rock, Metal) became totally strange for me, now I don't like them, I couldn't hear what I used to like about them before....

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,973 of 2,701
Well that's a bummer. Sig DJs are not audiophile headphones though (They are not made for enjoying music), they are pro headphones made for DJs' gigs.

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #1,974 of 2,701
While they are not audiophile headphones in the sense of pure music reproduction they have a fun signature that makes listening to certain kinds of music (mostly the electronic variants) especially nice and engaging... So yes: they *are* made for enjoying music, but possibly less for analyzing music (neither in the audiophile nor the pro sense).

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,975 of 2,701
Well that's a bummer. Sig DJs are not audiophile headphones though (They are not made for enjoying music), they are pro headphones made for DJs' gigs.

So whats the best headphone for (enjoying music) and a bassy one :)
  While they are not audiophile headphones in the sense of pure music reproduction they have a fun signature that makes listening to certain kinds of music (mostly the electronic variants) especially nice and engaging... So yes: they *are* made for enjoying music, but possibly less for analyzing music (neither in the audiophile nor the pro sense).

Hmmmm did I stuck in a middle of that :)
My Sig DJ had about 26 hours, I will give them another 18 hours, I felt changes while they were burning,,,,
Again, what the best bassy "enjoying music" headphone :)
Cheers!

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #1,977 of 2,701
Disclaimer: I don't own Sig DJs, but I do own Sig Pros.

That being said, I definitely feel that they're still fun headphones. Not too clinical at all. How's your music formatted?

My music varies, Mp3 320kbps and Flac, all from original sources.
I'm a simple guy who loves music and who knows that ATH-M50 was a good intro headphone but who wants the best headphone for enjoying music... is this something hard to ask for :)
Cheers;;;

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,978 of 2,701
My music varies, Mp3 320kbps and Flac, all from original sources.

Huh, weird... Maybe your taste has just gotten remarkably better. :p

In all seriousness, in what way is your music less enjoyable? It could be your ears need some time to adjust. Maybe try listening to something different than what you normally do for a few days, like some acoustic or classical.

What source are you using? Straight from the computer's headphone jack?

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #1,979 of 2,701
So whats the best headphone for (enjoying music) and a bassy one :)
Hmmmm did I stuck in a middle of that :)
My Sig DJ had about 26 hours, I will give them another 18 hours, I felt changes while they were burning,,,,
Again, what the best bassy "enjoying music" headphone :)
Cheers!

I think Fostex TH900.

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #1,980 of 2,701
Huh, weird... Maybe your taste has just gotten remarkably better. :p

In all seriousness, in what way is your music less enjoyable? It could be your ears need some time to adjust. Maybe try listening to something different than what you normally do for a few days, like some acoustic or classical.

What source are you using? Straight from the computer's headphone jack?

Hehehehe :p
I felt the music somehow got scattered, at some tracks it feels like I forgot to turn off a virual surround software (if that make a sense).

I got two sources, Asus Xonar ST and DragonFly 1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back