Ultrasone Signature DJ
Aug 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #1,952 of 2,701
If you appreciate the details offered by the Sig DJ, but the overall sound signature is alien to you, you might want to give it some (head-)time and see if you get used to it. curbing it in affect might not be the best option given its price :wink: If it really does not fit after brain burn in you can of course send it back...

I guess treble presentation if rather different from what you're used to, coming from the M50...

Edit: your serial is just 4 below mine -- I got 685

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #1,953 of 2,701
Brain burn-in sucks... I'm sure if I tested Signature DJ I would instantly think hey this is not for me coming from Q40. The most obvious example I had of this was when going from the HTF600 to Q40, I didn't like the Q40 at first and even went back to the HTF600 for a while but then I forced myself into using Q40 and started loving it haha.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,954 of 2,701
BA_D_R

Yeah, I feel you starting to feel the love of the Sig DJ - if you felt like throwing your M-50's in the trash when you first got em, you will feel like reaching for the stars once you acclimatise your brain into the bass quality and sonic splendour of the Signature DJ's "signature".

Welcome to the Devils Den of the Signature series - these cans are sublime - if you've ever drank champagne for weeks then grabbed a bottle of cristal you may think - What - gimme my usual champs but after you've finished off the cristal - you understand there's just no going back - like - what have I been missing all my life?

This is the shizzle end of beautifully controlled and bodied bass :wink:

Trust me....I'm a audiophile DJ from the internets :veryevil:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/kEqyqgsg5oM[/VIDEO]

Sig DJ owners Unite! Grab your DJ's & reach 4 tha LASERS!! :wink: :D
imagejpg1-75.jpg

Bass Quality combined with a splendid blend of fine sonics can be
a shock to the system that luckily is quickly acquired in taste :evil:

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #1,955 of 2,701
  If you appreciate the details offered by the Sig DJ, but the overall sound signature is alien to you, you might want to give it some (head-)time and see if you get used to it. curbing it in affect might not be the best option given its price :wink: If it really does not fit after brain burn in you can of course send it back...

I guess treble presentation if rather different from what you're used to, coming from the M50...

Edit: your serial is just 4 below mine -- I got 685

I believe in burn-in for headphones, I felt it with M50, the M50 was my first headphone, at first I really didn't like the M50 sound, then I left it playing music for 20 hours, after that it was alot better (listened for one song only) then left it burning for 24 hours, then it was very acceptable, then while I started using it, it continued burning-in until about 200-250 hours, at that point it reached it optimal.
Yes, Sig DJ and M50 are different,,

Brain burn-in sucks... I'm sure if I tested Signature DJ I would instantly think hey this is not for me coming from Q40. The most obvious example I had of this was when going from the HTF600 to Q40, I didn't like the Q40 at first and even went back to the HTF600 for a while but then I forced myself into using Q40 and started loving it haha.

I know that brain need some time, but I still believe in headphones burn-in.

Quote:
- What - gimme my usual champs

Hahahaha, I still miss M50 (slamming feeling power), to me M50 is more bassy headphone (Quantity)(without EQ)

Trust me....I'm a audiophile DJ from the internets
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sig DJ owners Unite! Grab your DJ's & reach 4 tha LASERS!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

imagejpg1-75.jpg

Bass Quality combined with a splendid blend of fine sonics can be
a shock to the system that luckily is quickly acquired in taste
evil_smiley.gif

​

Nice track that absolutely need an 
audiophile cans,, I might change my ​
music genre
center]

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,956 of 2,701
I'm facing an issue with my Sig DJ, There is something wrong in the right driver, when i'm playing test frequencies (Sine Wave) 200Hz-201Hz-202Hz-203Hz-204Hz-205Hz-206Hz-207Hz-208Hz-209Hz-210Hz the right driver is making "shaking sound", Maybe the driver is not fixed well.

So both Sig DJ and DragonFly 1.2 need to be fixed or replaced :frowning2:

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #1,957 of 2,701
 I just discovered something,,, M50 is 2D ,, Sig DJ is 3D,, using the M50 is like i'm watching a party from far,, using the Sig Dj is like i'm at the middle of that party,,, hence if you far, you want to feel anything "unreal" (the bass slamming) to make you feel you are there , but once you are there you,,,,,, then,,,,,,   You are there :)

Quote:
it always puts a smile on my face.

It did put alot of smiles on my face :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #1,958 of 2,701
Originally Posted by BA_D_R /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just discovered something,,, M50 is 2D ,, Sig DJ is 3D,, using the M50 is like i'm watching the party from far,, the Sig Dj i'm at the middle of the party,,, hence if you far, you want to feel anything unreal to make u feel u r there (the bass slamming), but once you are there you,,,,,, then,,,,,,   You are there :)

I personally like that kind of soundstaging, that it sounds like you're in the middle of the music and the band/instruments are surrounding you, I don't like it when it sounds like coming from a distance, it makes for less engaging listen. Denon D1100 have the soundstaging I dislike as well as the Yamaha mt220 and Beyerdynamic DT770. I want to experience that I'm like on the stage or like front-row at the very least. :p Otherwise I tend to get bored quick.

Aug 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #1,959 of 2,701
It did put alot of smiles on my face :)

Cool - the S-Logic is dual purposed in aimed at giving you a more natural way of receiving sound from their forward placed drivers for the 3D effect you notice which also helps soundstage but also in reducing SPL levels upto 40% to protect your hearing.

Playing different sine wave cycles at high volume may cause the driver to vibrate loudly and not necessarily be anything faulty with them. Nothing is infallible from defect but brands like ULTRASONE are pretty solidly built and come with 5 year warranty to back up their build quality.

Sounds like you're that used to your M50's it's become your default preferred setting, but it's also sounds like you are already starting to pick up on the Sig DJ's superior SQ too :)

"Brain Burn" in action

Dude - nobody wants to convince you to like or love something you genuinely don't like but at least you've had a better first impression than your M50's and not felt like throwing your Sig DJ's in the trash :wink:

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #1,960 of 2,701
Been lurking a while... Ultrasones totally have some kind of burn in process. I can't say it's true with all headphones, but every pair of Ultrasones I've had got better with time. (And that's even when directly coming from another pair of Ultrasones.) Not saying it's a complete night-and-day difference, but it was definitely noticeable.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #1,962 of 2,701
Aug 4, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,963 of 2,701
They are very portable

I'll either buy TH900/600 or these, I just can't decide! I know Fostex has the better sub-bass extension, but they are not very portable, Sig DJs are very good at bass as well and portable too it seems. Portability is good when needed but I know they can't reach the legendary bass of Fostex.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #1,964 of 2,701
I'll either buy TH900/600 or these, I just can't decide! I know Fostex has the better sub-bass extension, but they are not very portable, Sig DJs are very good at bass as well and portable too it seems. Portability is good when needed but I know they can't reach the legendary bass of Fostex.

Best option = buy all 3 - why put yourself through the agony of choosing one over the other?

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back