Ultrasone Signature DJ
Jul 11, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #1,831 of 2,701
Any assertion regarding comfort is definitely not transferable I'd say... Maybe even less than statements regarding sound quality...

Nevertheless: Mine just arrived, one day later than expected but before the weekend. S/N 685. To me they are quite comfortable, cups might be a bit deeper than on the Sig Pro. I'm still missing those tantalizing treble presentation done so well by the T1, but they sound a bit more open than the Sig Pro (which I last heard yesterday evening, so thats only from memory). Bass is impressive, clear, deep, emphasized but not overdone. Fed by an iPhone... quite impressive. Compared to the M-100 mids are much more present. Which is a good thing.

Connected to my office Meier Daccord+Classic it gets even a bit better at presenting room and details, the bass has extra energy, the slight tendency to sibilance seems almost gone.

So far a nice first impression... it does add to the fun factor in electronic music. I won't necessarily listen to my favorite classical recordings with them though.

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #1,832 of 2,701
Any assertion regarding comfort is definitely not transferable I'd say... Maybe even less than statements regarding sound quality...

Nevertheless: Mine just arrived, one day later than expected but before the weekend. S/N 685. To me they are quite comfortable, cups might be a bit deeper than on the Sig Pro. I'm still missing those tantalizing treble presentation done so well by the T1, but they sound a bit more open than the Sig Pro (which I last heard yesterday evening, so thats only from memory). Bass is impressive, clear, deep, emphasized but not overdone. Fed by an iPhone... quite impressive. Compared to the M-100 mids are much more present. Which is a good thing.

Connected to my office Meier Daccord+Classic it gets even a bit better at presenting room and details, the bass has extra energy, the slight tendency to sibilance seems almost gone.

So far a nice first impression... it does add to the fun factor in electronic music. I won't necessarily listen to my favorite classical recordings with them though.

Goof first impressions I can relate to - enjoy :)

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #1,833 of 2,701
What serial number has everyone? I've got a 54 which is a baby compared to plakat's 685.

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #1,835 of 2,701
how do you guys clean/sanitize the ethiopian sheepskin leather? would rubbing alcohol damage the leather? or even the white plastic?

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,836 of 2,701
I use a screen cleaner without alcohol (Rogge) for such purposes and it works very well while being a safe choice.

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #1,837 of 2,701
Jul 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,840 of 2,701
What serial number has everyone? I've got a 54 which is a baby compared to plakat's 685.

Mine is SD 00499.....Damn! Only one away from 500 (facepalm)....*not exactly sure why 500 would be better, but just going to run with it nonetheless ....*

...well this is interesting isn't it?

Discussing serial numbers - come on guys - were sinking into new lows here...lol :D

...though I wonder if the person who got serial number 666 is happy or terrified about it?

Don't think I'd hold onto them if I had the number of the beasts serial number - Signature Devil Jockey? :evil:

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #1,841 of 2,701
how do you guys clean/sanitize the ethiopian sheepskin leather? would rubbing alcohol damage the leather? or even the white plastic?

You can buy bottled Ethiopian sheep urine directly off ULTRASONE which is apparently the best treatment for the SDJ's leather protection and the smell fades after a couple of weeks from applying.

I was going to buy some but ULTRASONE are charging such a ransom price for it, they're taking the p**s :p

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #1,842 of 2,701
  most definitely. be ashamed, its not even grown up :wink:

Actually, after thinking about it, my version 54 was created a lot earlier before yours meaning it's been around a lot longer. So, technically, until someone has one created before 54, mine is the official Godfather of this thread. You all shall do as I say!
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #1,844 of 2,701
Actually, after thinking about it, my version 54 was created a lot earlier before yours meaning it's been around a lot longer. So, technically, until someone has one created before 54, mine is the official Godfather of this thread. You all shall do as I say! :evil:

How long have you had your Sig DJ's?

I'd expect you picked your pair up shortly after they were released?

I wonder who got serial No.1?

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #1,845 of 2,701
How long have you had your Sig DJ's?

I'd expect you picked your pair up shortly after they were released?

I wonder who got serial No.1?

Not long. What I meant was is that they were birthed and created waaaay before yours, making them older and wiser. :wink:

No.1 was probably given internally to staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back