Ultrasone Proline 750 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable Review
Dec 31, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #46 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah...That is Voodoo....but I would like to give it a try, I will try to get some Cohibas as well, directly from Havana!!!! I do not smoke at home, and do not smake in general, but used to like 20 years agb, and always a good Cohiba is welcome, we have a huge parking lot to smoke....and an samll nice park besides my building as well...

Here I am thinking that a Cohiba is some kind of Latin American mixed drink and the whole time it's a cigar!
blink.gif
!
blink.gif
!

I'd love to join you but cigars and I do not get along. Two puffs and I turn a most vivid shade of green, quite a sight to behold. Yes, I'm a wimp but I'll take it up with the Creator when I finally get to meet him/her (along with the many other items on my ever growing list of grievances, both large and small).

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #47 of 79
Quote:

Hey James,Romanee, Derek, you are also welcome home, we have our differences in audio taste but does not make us enemies, audio is one thing and life is another....anyway there is no differecne that a shot of "Jacky D" and a good Cohiba could not fix...

Agreed!
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #48 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphp@optonline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here I am thinking that a Cohiba is some kind of Latin American mixed drink and the whole time it's a cigar!
blink.gif
!
blink.gif
!

I'd love to join you but cigars and I do not get along. Two puffs and I turn a most vivid shade of green, quite a sight to behold. Yes, I'm a wimp but I'll take it up with the Creator when I finally get to meet him/her (along with the many other items on my ever growing list of grievances, both large and small).

IIRC there is also a drink called cohiba in Cuba, a recent creation IIRC of the new bartenders from there, but I was talking of the cigars, anyway it is not mandatory...
rolleyes.gif

[size=x-large]BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!![/size]

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #49 of 79
Quote:

[size=x-large]BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!![/size]

You have a good one too, Alberto.

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #50 of 79
Quote:

I have a pair of Proline 2500s that I picked up from an eBay auction that I should be receiving within the next week or so and it will be interesting to compare the sound of the recabled 750s to the 2500s with the stock cable (after I burn in the 2500s - the 750s have been thoroughly burned in).

I know that I'm quoting myself here but I just wanted post an update stating that I've received the Proline 2500s and they are being burned in right at this moment. Should be ready to rock 'n roll by the end of this week - I like a long burn in for the Proline models. Impressions and comparisons with the recabled 750s to follow, as promised.

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #51 of 79
Quote:

I know that I'm quoting myself here but I just wanted post an update stating that I've received the Proline 2500s and they are being burned in right at this moment. Should be ready to rock 'n roll by the end of this week - I like a long burn in for the Proline models. Impressions and comparisons with the recabled 750s to follow, as promised.

I am right with you. My 2500s are due in a couple of days...
icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #52 of 79
Just so you guys know, I've tried several times to get the 1/8th inch threaded adapter out of our factories and out of Germany to no avail. The problem being, as its been said before is that we can't get them in small quantities. The factory that assembles the headphones also molds those parts so it not like we can call tje supplier for that part and order a few of them. To do that would involve stopping an entire production line. So, i would love to get them to people just to see what kind of mods come out of the process but unfortunately at present I can't get them. Maybe in the future as we grow and production methods change we will be able to get them. I've even talked with Moon Audio about switching that adapter out for the mini xlr one so there's always that option. But feel free to keep asking for them, maybe the more people ask for the part the more Germany will realize we need them. Glad your enjoying the recable Ralph, I'd love to hear them someday.

Jan 3, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #53 of 79
There is a company, IIRC, Fischer in UK that produces expensive plugs similar to the ones used in the Qualia headphones, and all kind of DIN plugs, literally hundreds of them, I ahve the catalog here, maybe they can get one small enough that can be fit there, an screw type, that could be fit into the cable, without removing the feature of the replaceable cable...but they are not cheap at all...

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #55 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by themick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so you guys know, I've tried several times to get the 1/8th inch threaded adapter out of our factories and out of Germany to no avail. The problem being, as its been said before is that we can't get them in small quantities. The factory that assembles the headphones also molds those parts so it not like we can call tje supplier for that part and order a few of them. To do that would involve stopping an entire production line. So, i would love to get them to people just to see what kind of mods come out of the process but unfortunately at present I can't get them. Maybe in the future as we grow and production methods change we will be able to get them. I've even talked with Moon Audio about switching that adapter out for the mini xlr one so there's always that option. But feel free to keep asking for them, maybe the more people ask for the part the more Germany will realize we need them. Glad your enjoying the recable Ralph, I'd love to hear them someday.

Thanks for the info on the threaded mini jacks. By the way, of course you're invited to the mini-meet whenever and wherever it takes place. Just bring 'phones, tunes and good cheer!!

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #56 of 79
Quote:

Thanks for the info on the threaded mini jacks. By the way, of course you're invited to the mini-meet whenever and wherever it takes place. Just bring 'phones, tunes and good cheer!!

Well, IIRC they are in TN....a litle off route....from us at least....but if you decided to come just invite Steff as well...LOL...
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #57 of 79
Quote:

Well, IIRC they are in TN....a litle off route....from us at least....but if you decided to come just invite Steff as well...LOL...
evil_smiley.gif

In Tennessee you say, great!! then they can surely bring some really good whiskey
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #58 of 79
Quote:

I will have an RPX-33 specially tuned for it soon, maybe in late January (...)

An RPX-33 specially tuned for the Edition 9 ?
Did I get that right?

How does that "tuning" look like, if I may ask?

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #59 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An RPX-33 specially tuned for the Edition 9 ?
Did I get that right?

How does that "tuning" look like, if I may ask?

Those are secrets of the trade....
evil_smiley.gif

In order to "tune" any amp you have to know the load that it will drive, and from that point on...well that is part of the design that I'm allowed to discussed nor have the proper knowledge neither, so I prefer not to go into details, I can tell you that there is no "one size fit all" in headphone amplification, as you probably had experienced...or at least not without compromises...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back