Ultrasone Proline 750 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable Review
Jan 7, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #76 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphp@optonline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I do understand this but I really do not believe that the differences that I am hearing are the kinds of differences that would be caused be an open versus a closed design since they are more in the nature of a level of clarity to the sound.

But not only that, the tunning of the drivers, as I told you, is different also....believe me Ralph, and you will hear that for yourself, these are the differences between the Edition 9 and the PROLine 2500, and they use the same drivers. Driver tunning, cup nature and shape, are crucial to reach the desired sound, regardless of using the same drivers...Honestly if they would not have assured me that they use the same drivers, I would never believed that, as the differences are quite obvious IMO...

Jan 14, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #77 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be up for one of those miniconnectors, that just leaves another 99 to find owners for.

Count me in for a couple.

Sheesh, after reading ALL the posts, NEVER MIND! :xf_cool:

Jan 14, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #78 of 79
Okay everyone I've taken into account all the advice about the amount of time the Ultrasones need for burn in and given the Proline 2500s another whole weeks worth of burn in and here are the results.

The differences are still there but to a much smaller degree. Now I'm beginning to believe that many of the differences in the sound between the two headphones are due the fact that one is an open design and one is closed design.

However, I still don't think that accounts for all the differences. There is this wonderful sense of clarity and openness to the recabled Proline 750s that is just not there with the Proline 2500s. The effect is most pronounced when switching between headphones during comparisons and is not that noticeable during normal listening, in other words, the Proline 2500s sound pretty good when one puts them on without having just had the heard the recabled 750s.

Basically I would summarize the addition of the Silver Dragon cable as adding a degree of clarity, focus and control to the sound.

I also realize that recabling is not for everyone and I am in no way recommending or endorsing such a radical activity, however, for those individuals looking for ways to extract that last ounce of performance out their headphones recabling offers one possible way. I feel that the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable and the Ultrasone Proline headphones are a very good match and together they bring out the best that these headphones have to offer.

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #79 of 79
Is it just me or does the connector protruding from the earcup of the Moon Audio cable look like it would just jam right into your shoulder?

I had a cable made by Larry for my PROline 750's a long long time ago, and the connector was much the same length as the Moon Audio one, and man that thing just went RIGHT into your shoulder. The discomfort I could deal with, but thanks to the mesh wrap on the cable it made this highly audible rustling sound if you moved your head at all when listening.

Just wondering if this is an issue with these? Strange nobody has mentioned it since I can see just from looking at it that it looks exactly the same as the one Larry made for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back