Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #2,102 of 5,992
Absolutely.  From what I've read from other posters, the PA2v2 and the E11 work pretty well with the PRO900.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #2,104 of 5,992
i have the E11 with the Ultrasone pro 900 and let me tell you it's a perfect match. It makes the music harsh highs sound a lot less harsh and the sound comes out more warm. Oh and the bass.... E11+Pro 900, all the bass you will ever need.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #2,105 of 5,992

That's great to hear. I'm gonna read up to see what the main differences between the e7 and e11 are.
Quote:
i have the E11 with the Ultrasone pro 900 and let me tell you it's a perfect match. It makes the music harsh highs sound a lot less harsh and the sound comes out more warm. Oh and the bass.... E11+Pro 900, all the bass you will ever need.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #2,106 of 5,992

Quote:

I trust the chemistry that Fiio amps have with Ultrasone cans..
I also ordered E11 to pair my DJ1 as i am very pleased so far with E7..
Especially about bass..
Tight and punchy,exactly how i like it..

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2,107 of 5,992
O.k guys sorry if i may sound stupid or maybe i missed some posts about it but do you think upgrading from DJ1 to Pro 900 is really worth the extra cash?
Will i notice a difference on overall sound quality?
Will i say ''Oh God what i was missing all this time?".
I listen ONLY to techno and trance...

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #2,108 of 5,992

Quote:
O.k guys sorry if i may sound stupid or maybe i missed some posts about it but do you think upgrading from DJ1 to Pro 900 is really worth the extra cash?
Will i notice a difference on overall sound quality?
Will i say ''Oh God what i was missing all this time?".
I listen ONLY to techno and trance...

In short, yes. It's a big upgrade, in my opinion. Ever since I got my Pro 900s, my HFI-580s have been on loan to various friends of mine. The bass is prodigious, and the overall sound is just smoother and has more body to it. I didn't notice it when I just got my 580s, but going back after the Pro 900s, the highs sound very metallic (although the same can be said about the 900s, it is much less so). 

With that said, it's not 2.5x better than the 580s/DJ1s although it fetches 2.5x the price. However, I don't think you'll be able to upgrade and feel disappointed in the slightest. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #2,109 of 5,992

Quote:

In short, yes. It's a big upgrade, in my opinion. Ever since I got my Pro 900s, my HFI-580s have been on loan to various friends of mine. The bass is prodigious, and the overall sound is just smoother and has more body to it. I didn't notice it when I just got my 580s, but going back after the Pro 900s, the highs sound very metallic (although the same can be said about the 900s, it is much less so). 

Thanks for the feedback,i appreciate it..
What about soundstage?
Would you say that it will open up,become wider maybe?
About the metallic highs i have a feeling my M-stage is going to fix that..
At least i hope..
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #2,111 of 5,992
Hi guys, I have a fantastic headphone for my tastes (A2000X) and I'm getting rid of my low-end stuff (Sony V6, Fostex T5, Koss PortaPro) however there is one thing the A2kX does not have and that is bass impact.

I want a seperate headphone for, well, extreme bass impact, when I feel like listening to techno or hardstyle music in that fashion.

Is the PRO 900 for me, or is there a better Ultrasone model, which is a weak all-rounder, however perfect for hardstyle?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #2,112 of 5,992

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback,i appreciate it..
What about soundstage?
Would you say that it will open up,become wider maybe?
About the metallic highs i have a feeling my M-stage is going to fix that..
At least i hope..
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes, I'd say it's a bit wider but it's still a closed headphone. Plus the 580s are pretty great at soundstage (both width, and imaging) as far as closed headphones go already anyway. I'd search for some in-depth reviews of the Pro 900 and HFI-580. I believe there was a member that did a three-way comparison with those two and a DT770. I'm sorry I don't have my HFI-580s on hand at the moment to do a side-by-side comparison so I'm really just drawing from memory. 

In the end, as is already evidenced by your question, there is no doubt that you'll enjoy your DJ1. However, there will always be a part of you that wonders how the Pro 900s sound, and that feeling won't stop itching until you take the plunge on a pair. The same thing happened to me. 

Quote:
Burn-in + proper amp fix the metallic highs

Burn in helps, but A/B-ing a HFI-580 and a Pro 900, one of the biggest things that stand out is how inorganic the 580s sound. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2,113 of 5,992

Quote:

Yes, I'd say it's a bit wider but it's still a closed headphone. Plus the 580s are pretty great at soundstage (both width, and imaging) as far as closed headphones go already anyway. I'd search for some in-depth reviews of the Pro 900 and HFI-580. I believe there was a member that did a three-way comparison with those two and a DT770. I'm sorry I don't have my HFI-580s on hand at the moment to do a side-by-side comparison so I'm really just drawing from memory. 

In the end, as is already evidenced by your question, there is no doubt that you'll enjoy your DJ1. However, there will always be a part of you that wonders how the Pro 900s sound, and that feeling won't stop itching until you take the plunge on a pair. The same thing happened to me. 

I am not expecting a day by night difference in soundstage because of being a closed headphone,just curious though of how Pro will sound.
I am really enjoying my DJ1 indeed and i've got a feeling that the Pro is the Ultimate closed headphone for electronic based music..
And you are right i do have that itchiness that's why i am trying to get some info from guys like you who have heard them both and know what they are talking about..
I just don't want  to spend the extra cash and not get that WOW feeling..

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #2,114 of 5,992

Quote:
I am not expecting a day by night difference in soundstage because of being a closed headphone,just curious though of how Pro will sound.
I am really enjoying my DJ1 indeed and i've got a feeling that the Pro is the Ultimate closed headphone for electronic based music..
And you are right i do have that itchiness that's why i am trying to get some info from guys like you who have heard them both and know what they are talking about..
I just don't want  to spend the extra cash and not get that WOW feeling..

Heya,

Going from HD448, M50, DJ1, 580, etc, the Pro 900 is literally just beyond their tiers twice over. If you want the best headphone under $1000 for electronic music, it's the Pro 900. Don't hesitate. And if you're not convinced, they will resale immediately. Get a simple amp like the PA2V2 or F11 or something and get the absolute most out of the bass capability of the headphone. It works without an amp, but definitely benefits an amp for rich, full, fast bass with quick recovery and decay. Get. Get. Get.

Very best,

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #2,115 of 5,992
Heya,

Going from HD448, M50, DJ1, 580, etc, the Pro 900 is literally just beyond their tiers twice over. If you want the best headphone under $1000 for electronic music, it's the Pro 900. Don't hesitate. And if you're not convinced, they will resale immediately. Get a simple amp like the PA2V2 or F11 or something and get the absolute most out of the bass capability of the headphone. It works without an amp, but definitely benefits an amp for rich, full, fast bass with quick recovery and decay. Get. Get. Get.

Very best,

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back