Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #5,867 of 5,992
  Home improvement project: pads done with velvet? you can decide

- two rings, like in original pads, insides of memory foam(solid ring)+ring of soft cotton, mesh, plastic base cut from plastic cap-drilled-sanded holes 0.2mm aprox, did not check. Cost unknown, since I got enough foam for five more pairs+6 of slightly harder foam, other materials under 25eur total.Goal to get size and comfort to edition 10 level. Sound quality to be yet judged. Pictures separately prototype, on - 00 series
rolleyes.gif

Looks great, impressions? I'm guessing lighter bass and more balanced sound. 

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #5,870 of 5,992
I could say, sounds a bit softer. Would like to try kees mod sometime too. Anyway I like the pads, should be an official option like this for people with sensitive ears. Memory foam and larger size.

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #5,871 of 5,992
I ordered this cable for my (new) b-stock PRO 900(not i), for mobile use, if it sounds at least as good as stock mobile cable im happy. 
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Silver-Plated-headphone-Cable-For-ultrasone-HFI-2400-pro900-PROline2500-PROline750/319162_32282354139.html

Not gonna pay the same amount for new cable than headphones.

I have some other new stuff coming too, so might tell my opinions. But I absolutely LOVE these headphones so far! (open headphones are not possible for my use).

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #5,872 of 5,992
Guys, help me please decide which cans to buy for my collection. I need a pair of bass cans that will shine on trance, house and other electronic /edm music. I already own Opp PM-3 that are nice with EDM, still it does not present all low end spectrum as punchy and boomy as I wished. Already checked the reviews made by goldenear, but unfortunately they don't have a review of Oppo PM-3. Could you please tell me what will be better an upgrade to PRO 900 or PRO 2900? Also, I own HA-2 DAC/AMP.

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #5,873 of 5,992
http://www.head-fi.org/t/658673/yamaha-hph-mt220-thread-merged/3030#post_12808549

u might want to check out the mt220... i dun listen much to trance house etc..
but sounds good to my ears. :p

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #5,874 of 5,992
  Guys, help me please decide which cans to buy for my collection. I need a pair of bass cans that will shine on trance, house and other electronic /edm music. I already own Opp PM-3 that are nice with EDM, still it does not present all low end spectrum as punchy and boomy as I wished. Already checked the reviews made by goldenear, but unfortunately they don't have a review of Oppo PM-3. Could you please tell me what will be better an upgrade to PRO 900 or PRO 2900? Also, I own HA-2 DAC/AMP.

Go for the 900's and thank me later.

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #5,876 of 5,992
The 900's are (IMO) made for electronic music. The have awesome bass (duh) and sharp, crisp treble. It's just lots of fun and impressive with electronic stuff. Emphasis on bass and sparkle.

The DT770 is a good choice. It is clean and clear. The bass is impressive, it is not massive in quantity but it goes very deep, like sub level bass. It is also a V shaped frequency response with a pretty recessed midrange. I have the newer 32 ohm version, and I got some velour pads since the other ones got hot. These are impressive for songs which emphasize the sub bass, like dubstep.

One of my absolute favorites with the genre is the Yamaha EPH-100. It's got a tight, punchy bass, and some excellent highs. It has good imaging and the midrange is not so recessed. Unlike the Pro900 and DT770, it's more warm sounding rather than colder sounding. Highly recommended at the price, these are perfect EDM IEMS. These are like perfect in sound signature for me, I wish I could find an exact equivalent over ear headphone to match this sound signature.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #5,877 of 5,992
  The 900's are (IMO) made for electronic music. The have awesome bass (duh) and sharp, crisp treble. It's just lots of fun and impressive with electronic stuff. Emphasis on bass and sparkle.

The DT770 is also a good choice. It is clean and clear. The bass is very impressive, it is not massive in quantity but it goes very deep, like sub level bass. It is also a V shaped frequency response with a pretty recessed midrange. I have the newer 32 ohm version, and I got some velour pads since the other ones got hot. These are impressive for songs which emphasize the sub bass, like dubstep.

One of my absolute favorites with the genre is the Yamaha EPH-100. It's got a tight, punchy bass, and some excellent highs. It has good imaging and the midrange is not so recessed. Unlike the Pro900 and DT770, it's more warm sounding rather than colder sounding. Highly recommended at the price, these are perfect EDM IEMS. These are like perfect in sound signature for me, I wish I could find an exact equivalent over ear headphone to match this sound signature.

​I think I will love 900 cause when I am listening to PM-3's somewhere I say: oh it would been great to have some treble, especially on armin van buuren or alan walker. Ofc I need nothing more than time when listening to let's say Gitan by Graou with PM-3 :) So, in the end with 900 I will be complete yey

EDIT: btw why in Europe this heads are soo expensive comparative with US?

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #5,879 of 5,992
Pro 900 for el music all the way, can go with signature too, but cheap and very good is pro 900, after looong burn in, that is. I have signature pro as well, but as a workhorse - 900, used daily. Tron soundtracks, daft punk, all kick in very nicely.

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #5,880 of 5,992

Users who are viewing this thread

Back