Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #5,837 of 5,992
finally started liking (loving) vocals on these with some eq and foobar.

i was ignorant and thought eq destroys an engineered headphone's purpose. i was also forcing myself to love these phones in it's true form to justify the money i spent on these. at times when i did cross that barrier and eq'ed, i reverted back thinking audio quality is getting affected. the funny part is that only my mind hears it, not my ears . i was lazy to eq too but off lately i felt they deserve a chance. My first time trying to eq accurately and it took a hell lot of time (2 weeks) to reach here. glad i did.

loving these phones now! 
beyersmile.png

pure audio nirvana that i missed out for years.

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #5,838 of 5,992
I just wanted to say that I have joined the Ultrasone family.  I bought a pair of used 900 Pro last night for CDN$220 , that's only about USD$170.  Slight scruffed but overall in good condition.  Daft Punk never sounded better.

The sound is very exciting for me....because my more recent purchases were Q701 and DT880.  These 900 Pros have such deep bass.

Anyways....happy to be part of the family.

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #5,839 of 5,992
Hello i know this has been posted a lot but ive been searching all week for an answer with not much to show for it, so i really appreciate anyones help. Bascally i have owned the Ultrasone pro 900 for a few years now and i used to love them. I used to use them with a Fiio E17 DAC/Amp but it broke about a year ago. The Fiio E17 isnt available anymore so i decide to purchase the Fiio E18. Unfortunately i really don't like this combination as they sound nothing like what i remembered they did with my Fiio E17. I was talking to someone at a audio store and they didn't know much about the pro 900 but they said the JDS C5D was really good. I was wondering if anyone knows if the JDS C5D and the pro 900 would be a good combo? I am a bit worried about wasting money on another amp that i don't like. If it wouldn't be a good combo, then what would? 

Thank you for your help

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #5,840 of 5,992
Has any one pair broken? From today on my pair has sounded weird, like the vocals sound normal, but the instruments sound muddy and bass weird. It has not sounded like this before, and I have kept them always in headphone stand.

I think these had 5 year warranty and I bought these 4 years ago so I should still be good, but not sure how I even explain the issue to ultrasone, I sent them email already.

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #5,841 of 5,992
  I was talking to someone at a audio store and they didn't know much about the pro 900 but they said the JDS C5D was really good. I was wondering if anyone knows if the JDS C5D and the pro 900 would be a good combo? I am a bit worried about wasting money on another amp that i don't like. If it wouldn't be a good combo, then what would? 

Thank you for your help

I just bought the Ultrasone Pro 900 on Adorama when it dropped down to $289.99 in early January. I have a C5D. I love the combination, especially with the bass boost options on the C5D (I use the low bass boost option). This is probably the most fun sounding headphone combination I have with this amp (for point of comparison I also have a Thinksound on1, Denon AH-D600, Sennheiser HD650, and the Fostex TH-X00).

I can't speak to your expectations going in as I've never used the Fiio E17, but I really like the combination. It makes me smile all the time.

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #5,842 of 5,992
I have a couple of questions regarding the PRO 900..

Do they distort at loud volumes?
Would the Asus Essence STX II drive the PRO 900 well?
Would the Fiio X5 drive the PRO 900 well?

Thanks for any help.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #5,843 of 5,992
  I have a couple of questions regarding the PRO 900..

Do they distort at loud volumes?
Would the Asus Essence STX II drive the PRO 900 well?
Would the Fiio X5 drive the PRO 900 well?

Thanks for any help.

pro 900 doesn't distort and is pretty easy to drive that it's hard to find a discernible difference in sq between amped and unamped. yes we do get higher volumes but x3ii drove it pretty well and i never yearned an amp while i had it.
never owned asus essence stx ii.

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5,844 of 5,992
  Has any one pair broken? From today on my pair has sounded weird, like the vocals sound normal, but the instruments sound muddy and bass weird. It has not sounded like this before, and I have kept them always in headphone stand.

I think these had 5 year warranty and I bought these 4 years ago so I should still be good, but not sure how I even explain the issue to ultrasone, I sent them email already.

I just had to RMA my pair. They said the speaker was blown so they wouldn't do the repair for free... of course.. Cost me $95 for two brand new speakers to be installed AND a new 3.5mm audio cable with 2 day return shipping. I buckled.... should be here any minute now...while I was typing this they showed up :p burn-in time!

Also, to the person asking if the STX will drive the Pro 900's YES. I used the STX+Pro900 combo for a good 3 years, worked flawlessly until the left can started losing bass and sounding weird. Oh, you'll want to EQ the bass up real good...your pair will take that abuse for a long time. haha.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #5,845 of 5,992
I received my 900 couples of days a go. Honestly, im still not that WOW impressed. How long burn in need to be done? The sounds are so darkk

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #5,846 of 5,992
Also the highs sometimes "ear bleeding". What mod can reduce the highs?

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #5,847 of 5,992
Kees mod, though I found out the Asgard amp completely puts the highs and lows in check while bringing forward the mids. You don't need much amp to power these phones, but you'll need a quality one to control them.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #5,848 of 5,992
Kees mod, though I found out the Asgard amp completely puts the highs and lows in check while bringing forward the mids. You don't need much amp to power these phones, but you'll need a quality one to control them.

Sorry man,
Im leaving... :frowning2:

Just return the cans. After about 30 hours of burning. I cant bear the highs, fatiguing me so bad. And I do appreciate the mids a lot too. And the mids is tooo recessed for me.

Thing that I would miss is... the freaking LOWS. Solid bass Ive ever heard.

Hope X00 this May will bring me smile. And yea... Still considering a big upgrade like TH900 if it is really good

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #5,849 of 5,992

No matter how hard you try to deny them, they will sound the way they do. Incredible bass, horible mids and super high highs

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #5,850 of 5,992
No matter how hard you try to deny them, they will sound the way they do. Incredible bass, horible mids and super high highs

Mids and Highs are the main reasons I returned it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back