Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #1,021 of 5,992
 That may work. I won't be ripping my DT990 pads off to try, but I will try something down the road. I don't care about the pads not matching or the looks, just want them to be more comfortable on my head.

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #1,022 of 5,992
Given that you guys never game me a concise answer about the whole pads washing thing, I contacted Ultrasone, and they told me that it wasn't recommended at all to either put the pads on the washing machine or to wash them by hand. At best, using a damp cloth is what could be done.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #1,023 of 5,992
I've received my Pro 900's on Wednesday and they've been burning in ever since.

The highs are definitely harsh! My ears can't stand them right now. 
frown.gif

Still waiting for my FiiO E7/E9 to come in...

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #1,024 of 5,992
The Kees mod definitely tames the highs so I would look into that. 

Quote:

frown.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #1,025 of 5,992

Quote:
Given that you guys never game me a concise answer about the whole pads washing thing, I contacted Ultrasone, and they told me that it wasn't recommended at all to either put the pads on the washing machine or to wash them by hand. At best, using a damp cloth is what could be done.

That's just Ultrasone covering themselves.  You must have missed it when I said that I have hand washed mine in a wool-wash solution.  Just submerge and squeeze. Rinse and repeat.

The pads are not made to last forever, that's why replacements are available.  Imo better to wear them out slightly faster, if at all, than to wear filthy stinking pads. Ymmv

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #1,026 of 5,992

The harshnes goes with burn, not to say the keeys mod wont help just its worth letthing the settle before modding.

Enjoy your new 900s :D
Quote:

frown.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #1,027 of 5,992
I'm going to order a couple pairs of the silver pads for my Pro 900s... one so I just have a fresh set of silver (like their look better than the black, & my pair didn't come with silver), and two so I can also get in a pair of J-Money pads and do the mod. We have a hot glue gun in our product department at work, so I'll probably just try to do it over a lunch hour where we have tools and glue and such. 

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #1,028 of 5,992

Quote:
That's just Ultrasone covering themselves.  You must have missed it when I said that I have hand washed mine in a wool-wash solution.  Just submerge and squeeze. Rinse and repeat.

The pads are not made to last forever, that's why replacements are available.  Imo better to wear them out slightly faster, if at all, than to wear filthy stinking pads. Ymmv

Oh! I didn't see your post, must have missed it, since I did read the whole thread. So just submerge them quickly underwater on wool-wash solution of fabric softener and squeeze? What about the locking mechanism? That's what really concerns me, more than the pads themselves, which I imagine might handle water a bit better than the mechanism itself.

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #1,029 of 5,992
Guys let me tell offer you the best VST plugin available ( in my opinion) for the Pro 900. have yet to try it with different phones.
The SPL Twintube. it supposedly emulated the sound of a "tube" it gives the sound of the Pro 900 a really lush, warm and pleasant signature and really nice to the ear. It sounds really really good. I tried alot of plugins, and this one really delivers.
It doesn't flatten the sound one bit. I recommend you guys to to trial it and see for yourself but you wouldn't be disappointed..

There's an Harmonics , Saturation and an output knob from my experience, the Harmonics gives the sound clarity and pleasing sound, the saturation darkens the sound and gives it a warmer kind of sound the output knob as you know controls the output level.

I'm really impressed with the plugin and there are alot of other great plugins on the market that really make the Pro 900 shine.

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #1,030 of 5,992
That's cool. I probably didn't quote you. I think there was another response from someone else....put them in a dishwasher, top shelf I think.

Just go for it, the pads feel pretty durable. I doubt the glue will fail so long as you use cold water. Would be easy to glue back on anyway.

@ kees, don't know why I was being so timid, but I've done the pads up good and tight and they don't fall off now (c:

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #1,032 of 5,992
Does anybody know how low can you offer buyauthorized now? They rised up the price.

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #1,033 of 5,992
Bought a pair for $320 last week. That didn't work?

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #1,035 of 5,992
Ah, that sucks :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back