Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #5,491 of 5,992

oh so u actually glued it on...i just scotchtaped it...before the destructive mod. :p
yes its comfy n good isolation,
but abit too sharp for me, so i use back my jmoneypads.
The alphapads works well with my d7k though.
So i think its rig-dependant.
If it works perfect for u, thats GREAT!!!

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #5,492 of 5,992
http://youtu.be/fxVk8DxYcOQ

listening to this cd by count basie is such a smash on the pro900...awesome.

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #5,493 of 5,992
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPACA1-Replacement-Headphone-Headphones/dp/B002Z9JWYO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364267865&sr=8-1&keywords=shure+840+cable

i believe this shure840 cable fits the pro900....and it sounds cleaner than the stock cable.

this topics a bit old but let me just go ahead and confirm that this cable, at least for proline 2500s, definitely doesnt work. while both are threaded 1/8s, the ultrasone actually has a few milimeters of flat metal before the actual threads, the shures dont. so the shure cable just falls right out of my headphones. no amount of finagling with either end has allowed me to actually get sound with this cable. a+ waste of money

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #5,494 of 5,992
this topics a bit old but let me just go ahead and confirm that this cable, at least for proline 2500s, definitely doesnt work. while both are threaded 1/8s, the ultrasone actually has a few milimeters of flat metal before the actual threads, the shures dont. so the shure cable just falls right out of my headphones. no amount of finagling with either end has allowed me to actually get sound with this cable. a+ waste of money

The best solution seems to be the V-Moda audio only cables. $12, Kevlar reinforced and light and flexible. I've been using for weeks now.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #5,495 of 5,992
Quote:

u tried it on the 2500....oppps. 

it worked on my pro900 when i had it.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #5,499 of 5,992
Jul 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #5,500 of 5,992
Anyone here recommend the Keyes mod? I'm thinking of doing it just to try since I've heard good things, but I'm wondering if it actually improves overall sound quality or just thins out the bass a bit. Anyone have experience? 

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #5,501 of 5,992
Quote:
Anyone here recommend the Keyes mod? I'm thinking of doing it just to try since I've heard good things, but I'm wondering if it actually improves overall sound quality or just thins out the bass a bit. Anyone have experience? 

Nope.  Did a bunch of reading on it but didn't feel the need.  Seems easy enough and reversible though.  I added Alpha pads and enjoy the heck out of them as they are. 

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #5,502 of 5,992
Quote:
Nope.  Did a bunch of reading on it but didn't feel the need.  Seems easy enough and reversible though.  I added Alpha pads and enjoy the heck out of them as they are. 

I'll check out the alpha pads thanks. I'm in the market for a Mad Dog actually so maybe I'll do some pad switching when I get one. 

Also, what position does everyone find best for S-Logic? I've heard both earcups positions towards the front and back of the ear from different sources. I can't seem to find anything from Ultrasone themselves. What's the general consensus? 

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #5,504 of 5,992
Quote:
^Not sure if this answers your question but if you put your ears near the front of the cups, the mids are less recessed and the bass is less overpowering.

Wow, that's a quite noticeable difference, thanks. I hadn't really tried putting the cups that far back on my head (and ears scraping the front of the pads) but it definitely makes the bass less "boomy" on songs that don't need it. I'm not sure if it helped the imaging at all (maybe a tiny bit?) but now I know when to move my ears to the front. Any other secrets? 

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #5,505 of 5,992
Wow, that's a quite noticeable difference, thanks. I hadn't really tried putting the cups that far back on my head (and ears scraping the front of the pads) but it definitely makes the bass less "boomy" on songs that don't need it. I'm not sure if it helped the imaging at all (maybe a tiny bit?) but now I know when to move my ears to the front. Any other secrets? 

Have you done the HD650 comfort mod to the headband? You buy a Sennheiser HD650 headband and replace the weak stock one.

Also I swapped pads to Mr Speakers Alpha pads. Better isolation and overall better sound and tighter bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back