ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Mar 6, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #481 of 2,431

Agreed - if I was to take a $1000+ RRP headphone that can be driven from a modest portable setup on the road with the
 potential chaos that would ensue

The Signature Pro would go the distance - at worst - cracked back shell glass due to impact damage but there is no doubt these
 would stay in one piece and keep on keeping on.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #482 of 2,431
There are people talking about the build of this product??

This is very well built headphone with the top quality materials in the industry. It's one of those headphones that looks bad, aesthetically, but when you actually feel it, It's really good.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #483 of 2,431
hmm, well, I am the type to take sound quality over anything, it's just my first impression upon seeing these was meh. We'll be receiving them in the store soon, so I guess I'm sort of anxious to try them out. If the materials are top notch that's cool, but they still could of made a nicer design.

I find it ironic how ed8 and ed10 are unique looking headphones with premium materials, but not of the best robustness; but then the sig pro are polar opposites in terms of sound quality/ FR and build quality.

Quote:
The plastics used in the Signature Pro do not feel cheep in person. The headphones have a nice heft to them, and the quality of the leather is some of the highest in the industry.

I find the comments about the "cheep build" a bit ironic. Ultrasone purposefully designed this headphone to be rugged in response to complaints about the Edition series being too flashy and not durable-feeling enough. Ultrasone faced a fair amount of criticism from head-fiers for their emphasis on aesthetics. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I 'spose.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #484 of 2,431
I have had these a week now and got a Ray Samuels SR71B and a Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo DAC at the same time. (Decided not to pay my taxes) As a result of getting everything at once I don't yet feel qualified to write an accurate review of the Sig PROs by themselves but I will posit these are the BEST cans I have ever heard. I was using the PRO 900's for a month and while they improved every day they still could not take me away from my JH-16's. The Sigs are just wowing me, tight powerful bass, lush mids, and beautiful strident free highs. I am in aural nirvana:)

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #485 of 2,431
Everyone keeps repeatedly saying how these cans are great and how these sound a lot more neutral, balanced, flat etc. but I don't know if I believe it or not cause first Ultrasone's only been around for 2 decades and secondly all their other can's are supposed to be really colored, not even close to natural sounding etc. so I don't know whether to believe everyone or not.

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #486 of 2,431

Quote:
Everyone keeps repeatedly saying how these cans are great and how these sound a lot more neutral, balanced, flat etc. but I don't know if I believe it or not cause first Ultrasone's only been around for 2 decades and secondly all their other can's are supposed to be really colored, not even close to natural sounding etc. so I don't know whether to believe everyone or not.

don't believe us, go and try one yourself.
Bring whatever good source you have with you to test it...

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #488 of 2,431

Quote:
I have had these a week now and got a Ray Samuels SR71B and a Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo DAC at the same time. (Decided not to pay my taxes) As a result of getting everything at once I don't yet feel qualified to write an accurate review of the Sig PROs by themselves but I will posit these are the BEST cans I have ever heard. I was using the PRO 900's for a month and while they improved every day they still could not take me away from my JH-16's. The Sigs are just wowing me, tight powerful bass, lush mids, and beautiful strident free highs. I am in aural nirvana:)

Oh man,,, I am still waiting mine. Its a 2 weeks wait.. I hope I will feel the same as you .. Aural Nirvana..

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #489 of 2,431

Quote:
... but I don't know if I believe it or not cause first Ultrasone's only been around for 2 decades ...

Only two decades?!  How long must such a company be in business to be credible?
In that time, and longer, most companies have been bought out, taken over or sold and had major staff changes, as well as changes in the industry and marketplace.  In the consumer electronics business 20 years is a long time - long enough to establish a reputation (good or bad).

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #490 of 2,431

I absolutely agree.. 20 years is a very long time in my books. Kingalekay.. I am guessing, you must pretty young to have said that. No?

Quote:

In that time, and longer, most companies have been bought out, taken over or sold and had major staff changes, as well as changes in the industry and marketplace.  In the consumer electronics business 20 years is a long time - long enough to establish a reputation (good or bad).

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #491 of 2,431

Quote:

I don't mean to say that that is a short amount of time (it isn't) I just meant to say that there are other brands that have been around longer so I would feel safer going with them . . . like Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Bowers & Wilkins etc.

Quote:
I absolutely agree.. 20 years is a very long time in my books. Kingalekay.. I am guessing, you must pretty young to have said that. No?

So what if I was? Why would you care? So what if I'm 50 and so what if I'm 10?

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #495 of 2,431
wow Stax, so young
I still haven't got an ear on that(the Stax), maybe I should have a try
It's quite easy to get auditioned of most of the cans/source/amp in here(HK), but I still not yet have listened to some of the phones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back