Ultrasone Interview with D.Sc. Florian M. Koenig
Jan 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #106 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
note: BTW IIRC the Edition drivers are indeed also angled besides of being offset...

I don't think these are angled, Alberto:

Pics are from this thread here. You even quoted stevenkelby's original post!

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #107 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As aside note, he had been working on that field for over 25 years, you guys need to settle down and realize that a person working for so long in one field, that also have several publications, sold and used all over the world, has a little more knowledge than the majority of the ones objecting these facts...

I disagree with you. Years of devotion to a field does not automatically translate to knowing more than anyone else. I work with so call "experts" in my industry that the first thing they will say to me is that they know what they are doing and that they have 30 years of experience. Some are very knowledgeable, but others are very arrogant and can't explain simple ideas clearly because they do not really understand the subject matters themselves and therefore rely on citing standards and references.

And if you want to talk about numbers, not years, the only headphone company making fuzz about headphone emissions is Ultrasone.

I'd rather trust no one and take everything with a grain of salt rather than being lazy and automatically accept what some "expert" tells me.

Mar 5, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #111 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will S LOGIC advance to a degree, so all will hear the natural SS effects? It seems that many, minus peter, think it's more marketing fluff.

For me its clearly not a marketing fluff. May I quote Jan Meiers website? "Scientific research has shown that our perception of depth is increased when the driver is placed more forward and lower with respect to the entrance of the ear channel."

Apr 27, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #112 of 122
I just heard this for the first time, and what's really amazing is the mention of the autographed phones...

I was the one who got those autographed at the first big international meet!

Apr 27, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #113 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just heard this for the first time, and what's really amazing is the mention of the autographed phones...

I was the one who got those autographed at the first big international meet!

Cool. Just so you know, I'm keeping them.
biggrin.gif

Maybe I should bring them to CanJam 09 and get the signed again...
tongue.gif

May 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #115 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the feeling that all the questions asked so far are nice and valid...but the wording is something we need to work on folks!

Grammar wise?
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #117 of 122
Nov 3, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #118 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by qiuguohua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think any of us take issue with *what* you say, it's *how* you say it. I'm curious too, why Ultrasone has decided to make a marketing issue of EMF radiation and shielding from same. Maybe they were just looking for a marketing niche to get their foot in the door, so to speak. If that's the case, I personally, think their *S-Logic* positioning of the driver is a more marketable scheme, but who knows. Generally, the European community has been more cautious about EMI/RFI exposure to humans, than the US. Maybe there's something tied up in that.

From a call I had with Dr. Koenig I can say that he means the topic of magnetic shielding very serious. It seems he is a kind of guy who strongly feels weather changes and this has driven a part of his interest in how people react to EMI exposure.

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #119 of 122
I don't really know what qiuguohua is trying to say, but there is very varying opinion on the safety of EMF, and for some reducing EMF is important. I also think Koenig cares about people's health primarily, he's not just using this as a marketing scheme. In one of his papers he states how it compares to other scenarios and its relation to the stated safety levels and how those safety levels may be too stringent for gauging safe headphone emf exposure, the fact that no one knows for sure whether emf at such levels is even harmful, and the ease for headphone companies to implement EMF shielding if they chose to. Now if a headphone company tried to implement some kind of emf shielding of the drivers and ultrasone sues, then you have the right to say ultrasone cares more about marketing than people's health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back