Ultrasone edition 8 or sennheiser hd700, which is better?
Mar 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #16 of 23
Im searching for The pico power, and it looks amazing. I check the ultrasone pros and Dj, but definitely i still like more the senns hd700, ed8 and denons 7000 for the reviews i saw. Im asking to the forum because in my country its imposible to find these headphones to prove it and i have to make the order by internet. Thanks.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
Im searching for The pico power, and it looks amazing. I check the ultrasone pros and Dj, but definitely i still like more the senns hd700, ed8 and denons 7000 for the reviews i saw. Im asking to the forum because in my country its imposible to find these headphones to prove it and i have to make the order by internet. Thanks.

Then order one of them. If you don't like it, return it then try another one.

I don't want to sound rude, but we cannot help you anymore. You have to try one for yourself and see what works for you.

My personal experience taught me that reviews are overrated. I've been disappointed by pretty much every of the most popular headphones out there.
It seems like I have very peculiar tastes, but it may very well be your case too.

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #18 of 23
Are you saying that lcd-2 Andrés TVE other 3 headphones that i named before are in the same level?... Now im reading a review that make me go for the hd700 or for the lcd-2 but if you say that its the same, i hace to look which is the most beautifull. I only want The most clear Sound.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:
Are you saying that lcd-2 Andrés TVE other 3 headphones that i named before are in the same level?... Now im reading a review that make me go for the hd700 or for the lcd-2 but if you say that its the same, i hace to look which is the most beautifull. I only want The most clear Sound.

Then don't buy either of these headphones, they are both colored quite a bit. See, this is why you should do more research. If subjective reviews is all you have to go on, at least find some creditable reviewers, and not just owners of the products. They are mostly likely bias, nothing wrong with that, but they won't be much help to someone that has never heard high end headphones. Also both the HD700 and LCD-2 are NOT portable at all.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Well based on my short experience, I'd say yes.

But I don't like to rate headphone by levels. After you cross a line in the headphone world you realise that levels are irrelevant.

Reading reviews might be entertaining and interesting, but they won't tell you what kind of sonic signature you like.

What are the best headphones you've ever heard?

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #21 of 23
Well maybe you should decide between an open or closed back first?

I've had the Ed8 and I think it's a great all around headphone. It is closed back (can be used in public places), comfortable (worn for long period of time without discomfort), low impedance (can be driven from phone or laptop), and I remember it having an amazingly large soundstage. The sound signature is somewhat neutral to bright from my memory.

I had the D5000 but not the D7000. That had too much sub bass or mid bass for me. Don't know which it was but it was too much to my liking. Otherwise though, it was one of the most comfortable pair of headphones I ever had.

I've not heard or read up on the HD700 so I cannot comment on it specifically. I did have HD650 before and I remembered that it was a darker sound. It was also what made me realized that I just happen to like brighter sounds. 

Good luck in your search.

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #22 of 23
Now i have a senns hd598 and akg quincy jones,but i want something better. Something to hear music with many synths, pianos, keyboards... Music like house, chillwave, indietronic. For these kind of music i need a clear and pure Sound. I am between the ed8, senns hd700, denon d7000 and lcd2. If somebody knows These headphones or something better in the same range of price please tell me. I want to buy pone pair now and for christmas another.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #23 of 23
Hey Christox,

(Sorry for my English aswell) I don't know if I'm going to be able to help you but I will try by telling you my experience with a Senn HD800 + HDVD800.
I too have a HD598 + Fiio E17. I really love the set. But I wanted better just like you, so I searched the internet for a good deal. I finally found the HD + HDVD800 set for 2100E wich is a pretty good deal. It was a demo set, so it was already burned in. 
I did a lot of listening and my conclusion was that the dac section in the HDVD800 was not on par with the amp section, so the potential of the HD800 (wich I could't listen too using a better dac, in the store where I bought it, wich sounded unbelievably good) was lost.
The difference between my HD598 + Fiio E17 set and the HD + HDVD set was so small, that it simply wasn't worth the money for me.
So I came to the conclusion, if I want something that sounds really good (detail, soundstage, depth, holographics etc) I need a better dac which would be about 800Euro or more, I would need a balanced cable (some people don't believe in the better sq it can cause, I personally do believe) that cost about 200E. I wasn't satisfied with the fact the HD800 was damaged (demo model), so I would have bought that new. The price would become about 3200E or more. I believe that for that amount of money I could have something that is significantly better than what I already have and would stop my longing for better. 
So I send the set back to the store and I am to this day enjoying my HD598 + FiioE17, with the knowledge that what I really want cost a lot of money and I would have to spend alot of money to get better sq.

Depending on the amount of money you have, I would recommend don't buy unless you can send it back (obviously) and don't expect too much, because your current set is already very good (especially for the money, I bought it for 300E).
If you have the money I would recommend HD800 + HDVA600 (analoge version) + (good dac) + balanced cable. If possible listen to something simular, so you know if you enjoy listening to it and what you do and don't like about it. 
You have to try to make a set that has (almost) no bottleneck. Otherwise your throwing away money.
And in a HD700 + Fiio E17 set, the E17 will probably be a very big bottleneck. 

Hope this helps and good luck with your quest :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back