Ultrasone edition 8 or sennheiser hd700, which is better?
Mar 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

christox1234

New Head-Fier
I am searching for a pair of headphones that works good, usually, i hear house, chillwave, inditronice and indie pop.
I like the senn hd800, but they are more expensive and need a good amp to move them. Then i check the hd700, that does'nt need a powerfull amp like the hd800, but a friend talk me about the ultrasone ed8. In conclusion i Need to choose a good pair of headphones that a portable amp can move, And i dont know if the hd700, or the ed8 and maybe the denon d7100

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:
What do you think about audaze lcd-2?

Any of these cans are going to need an amp if you really want to get the best of them.

Have you heard the HD650?

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #6 of 23
The portability is not a problem, i mean that wich of these headphones can work with a portable amp for example the Fiio e17.
In these terms wich headphones are better, the hd700,ed8 or lcd-2

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:
The portability is not a problem, i mean that wich of these headphones can work with a portable amp for example the Fiio e17.
In these terms wich headphones are better, the hd700,ed8 or lcd-2

Why do you absolutely want to spend that much?

I've never heard the ED8, but I've heard the hd700 and it won't sound good out of a fiio. I'm going to audition the LCD2 tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 23
I think your reasoning for getting an expensive headphone, when you plan to buy a poor amp in comparison is just wrong. Honestly, any of the headphones you mention are going to benefit from external amping. Now, if you have the money to buy a 700+ headphone, skimping on the amp is just the wrong way to go about this hobby. Garbage in, garbage out. That means just because you buy an expensive headphone like a LCD-2, HD700, ED.8 doesn't mean it will sound good, actually it will sound horrible for the money. You are better off buying a $400 headphone and a $300 amp. Anyway you cut it, you are doing yourself a disservice by jumping into this hobby without doing the proper research. My advice, read. Don't ask questions about which one is better than another because that is subjective. If you haven't even come up with a sound you prefer, an environment you are going to be listening, whether you want noise isolation etc. Then you are wasting your time asking people these questions. All you are going to get is subjective views, and at the end of the day you still don't know what you want.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #15 of 23
Can you tell me which one is the best portable to buy it?

For full sized headphones like the ones you are interested in, I would recommend the HeadAmp Pico Power. I has tons of poer and can drive some of the most difficult full sized cans around.

Off the top of my head, if you want something portable I would look at the Ultrasone Sig Pros or Sig DJs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back