Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
Aug 1, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #106 of 771

Quote:

What I don't get is what does Ruthenium mean to the sonic performance of the Edition 10 ?  There is no information about its audio properties (damping, resonance, ...etc.) so I am wondering what makes Ultrasone pick this material.  From all I read, it is like making something unique for the sake of uniqueness, and more like a marketing plot ?

Also, is Ultrasone using solid Ruthenium or just a thin layer as decoration ?  Any one can tell ?

F. Lo

Ruthenium makes Edition8 and Edition10 scratch resistant and looks good but is prone to fingerprints, that is why Ultrasone went to paladium with additional version of Edition8. Ruthenium $ 250 oz, paladium $467 oz, it is not solid, it would be heavy and spendy.

Aug 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #109 of 771
I must say, I feel there is definitely a lot of unfair negativity being shown toward a product that no-one has even heard yet. These comments will look awfully silly if these cans end up sounding even better than the R-10 or O2 .....   I say the price does seem crazy, but that probably should be decided AFTER they have been listened to. Ultrasone seems to get a lot of hate in general.

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #112 of 771
I kind of like the way they look, they are limited and may sound great.  I said earlier in the thread that it was rough to ask over $3100. in the middle of a recession and right now, because limited but on the other hand...........   They know that there are many compulsive hp addicts and there are also some with money to throw that way.  I also do applaud the fact that they are continuing to develop and upgrade flagships as was pointed out earlier.  Can't wait to get a chance to hear them actually although I doubt I will be able to cough up that kind of money in the near future even if i like them, and by the time i can, the limited nature will make them extinct.

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #114 of 771
After seeing how it looks like and its ridiculous price tag, I have made up my mind that ED10 is a bullet that I will not bite. My Christmas wish list is now switched back to Stax O2.

Aug 2, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #116 of 771

Quote:
Hmmm.... I love the looks myself, but for $3200 I would hire Alison Krauss to come sing for me in my living room .... and hope I could get her drunk enough
wink_face.gif
  !!!

It would cost you 250,000 for that to happen and you still wouldn't score LOL

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #117 of 771
Ya, the price tag is really steep.   But if they are really only making 2010 of them, then they will sell through them all.

We all just got the Clinton's 5 million dollar wedding thrown in our faces for a couple of weeks.  There are still people out there with sick money to throw around.  Those who have the money will buy these headphones and those who don't will just be able to read the reviews. 
blink.gif

I have to admit, when I saw the picture of these on that woman's head I laughed uncontrollably.  They might be the biggest thing I have ever seen on someones head.  If I had the money to spare though, I would not hesitate for a moment to buy them.  the Edition 8 has been a revelation for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back