Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion thread
Jun 10, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #242 of 318
Quote:
My small case arrived today.  I think the slightly larger size compared to the TF10 case lets you get the customs and the long cord in without having to make sure you get the jigsaw just right.  The added benefit is that I don't have to change the position of the over ear memory covers so they are right where I set them when they came off my knoggin.  Sweet.

Of course there's not the extra space available to put accessories or even a small amp like the Pelican option that Mkubota and CEE TEE are using...

PLEASE, CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH KIND OF translucent BLUE IS THIS ONE? THANKS!!!!

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #247 of 318
Thanks! :)

Can you answer my questins?
1. At first I have to make casts of the ears in line with UE requirements.
2. Buy the earphones in online - shop.
3. Send my e-casts of ears with the confirmation of the order.

P.S. I want to use this headphones exclusively for music listening... So, can i do ear casts without mouth open (step 4 of http://pro.ultimateears.com/assets/45032/audiologist-instructions.pdf)? 

Thank you very much!

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #250 of 318
Quote:
Thanks! :)

Can you answer my questins?
1. At first I have to make casts of the ears in line with UE requirements.
2. Buy the earphones in online - shop.
3. Send my e-casts of ears with the confirmation of the order.

P.S. I want to use this headphones exclusively for music listening... So, can i do ear casts without mouth open (step 4 of http://pro.ultimateears.com/assets/45032/audiologist-instructions.pdf)? 

Thank you very much!

Hi @Tketano and thanks, @shipsupt!

To answer your questions:
1.  You may place your order before you have your impressions made, if something comes up and it takes you a while to get them made you can let me or the lab know.
2.  Yes, you place the order online or contact me to help with placing your order for you.
3.  I am not sure, but do you mean that you have access to a 3D ear-canal digitizing service?
4.  UE does recommend that you use the bite block when having the impressions taken, even if just for audiophile use.  At all the audiophile meets I have been to, they had us use bite blocks with the UE audiologist to ensure that you are not moving during the curing process and get a good, full seal with the finished shells.

Ask any more questions here or feel free to contact me, cheers!

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #251 of 318
  Hi @Tketano and thanks, @shipsupt!

To answer your questions:
1.  You may place your order before you have your impressions made, if something comes up and it takes you a while to get them made you can let me or the lab know.
2.  Yes, you place the order online or contact me to help with placing your order for you.
3.  I am not sure, but do you mean that you have access to a 3D ear-canal digitizing service?
4.  UE does recommend that you use the bite block when having the impressions taken, even if just for audiophile use.  At all the audiophile meets I have been to, they had us use bite blocks with the UE audiologist to ensure that you are not moving during the curing process and get a good, full seal with the finished shells.

Ask any more questions here or feel free to contact me, cheers!

Thanks a lot!
For 3 item - no :) Only ordinary impressions =)
As I see - the UE 4 Pro don't allow for customization (colors)?

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #254 of 318
Seeing that this thread has tripped my notifications after lying dormant for a long time, I'll chime in:

After two years my UE18 usage is ever infrequent. There's very few situations where they can be used, at home / office / driving / out with friends, and it can be a hassle with ear cleaning. They pay for themselves on plane trips though, but other than that I've relegated them to earplugs when working with noisy power tools.

Also, don't listen to music with them on and fall asleep. It's really bad for your ears.

P.S. UE never sent me that silly reward-for-lost-item thingy.

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #255 of 318
I'm not sure I follow? 

Why are they unusable except on airplanes? 

Why can't you fall asleep with them in your ears?

As for ear cleaning, I guess it depends on the individual, but I've not had any cleanliness issues with my 11's or UERM's that I use daily for several hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back