Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion thread
Sep 4, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #256 of 318
Thanks, @ship
ksc75smile.gif

I think @tengen <might> be saying that he has found several reasons & purposes for stuffing UE molds into his ears...

(Serialization + Planes/Trains/Automobiles/Hearing Protection?)  Okay.  

"Those aren't pillows!"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #259 of 318
Hi @Tketano, thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I've had two friends ask me and the Pro/Custom side of UE is down in Irvine for the most part and separate from the UE BOOM site and group. I've had a couple of friends ask me about those and I wasn't able to order for them with in-ears. There has been a lot of interest in those, I hope to hear a couple next month...

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #261 of 318
I had UE 4 Pros for about 18 months before UE tempted me with 20% off on a new pair of customs. I took them up on it and now use a pair of UE 7 Pros. The step up from 4's to 7's wasn't as pronounced as when I got my 4's, but I can tell that they sound more full.

I travel a lot and I do love my custom IEMs. Seeing folks pull out their bulky Bose QC headphones only to have to turn them off for take off and landing always makes me chuckle. I pop in my customs and it's all done. Hopefully my Zune HD 64 will hold out a little longer so I can get a good feeling for what's out there and what people like as far as portable DAPs. Fiio X3 is tempting though.

I have a feeling I'll be sporting the 7's for a while. Can't drop cash like that very often and not draw the wife's ire.

May 7, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #262 of 318
Here's a different kind of appreciation post.  I'll start with the usual:  my UE-11 Pros are an amazing set of monitors.  They sound plain fantastic and surprise me when listening to the tracks I've loved for years.

And then the unimaginable happened... they broke!  Here's where the appreciation comes in.  Bryce and Jen at Ultimate Ears took in my shipment and fixed them up under warranty incredibly quickly.  The support and responsiveness at Ultimate Ears is second to none.  Great products may earn clients.  It's superior support that creates advocates.

May 7, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #263 of 318
  I had UE 4 Pros for about 18 months before UE tempted me with 20% off on a new pair of customs. I took them up on it and now use a pair of UE 7 Pros. The step up from 4's to 7's wasn't as pronounced as when I got my 4's, but I can tell that they sound more full.

I travel a lot and I do love my custom IEMs. Seeing folks pull out their bulky Bose QC headphones only to have to turn them off for take off and landing always makes me chuckle. I pop in my customs and it's all done. Hopefully my Zune HD 64 will hold out a little longer so I can get a good feeling for what's out there and what people like as far as portable DAPs. Fiio X3 is tempting though.

I have a feeling I'll be sporting the 7's for a while. Can't drop cash like that very often and not draw the wife's ire.

Me too!  I travel a lot, and my UEs (5 Pro and 10 Pro) are what get me by the screaming kids and vocal sales reps.  But I am a little surprised--I just hit my million mile mark on Delta, and I have never seen another pair of custom IEMs out in the wild.

Here's a different kind of appreciation post.  I'll start with the usual:  my UE-11 Pros are an amazing set of monitors.  They sound plain fantastic and surprise me when listening to the tracks I've loved for years.

And then the unimaginable happened... they broke!  Here's where the appreciation comes in.  Bryce and Jen at Ultimate Ears took in my shipment and fixed them up under warranty incredibly quickly.  The support and responsiveness at Ultimate Ears is second to none.  Great products may earn clients.  It's superior support that creates advocates.

My service experience is also great.  By mistake I hit the volume slider on my iPhone and blew out the low drivers in my UE10 Pros.  They were WAY out of warranty, but, for a very reasonable $150, they repaired both fast, and sent them back as good (or better) than new!

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #264 of 318
This week on UE University we sat down with Thomas Müeller of Acoustix & Don’t Lose the Music in New Zealand and had a very indepth chat about SPL (sound pressure level) reduction in regards to UE PROs and how that pertained to drummers specifically.

You can read the article here. http://ultmt.rs/1zDDhL1

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #265 of 318

I did bite on a Fiio X3 and it is a very nice portable player. Of course it got me off the fence and actively shopping for high resolution tracks. I also got a pair of UE 900 (non-customs) so I have something I can show others just how pronounced the difference is between mp3 played on their phone through mass produced ear buds or trendy (read Beats) headphones.

Even though I was in the USAF working on an active flight line for just shy of ten years (always wearing at least custom fit ear plugs & frequently plugs & ear defenders) as well as ridden something around 500,000 plus miles on a motorcycle (ALWAYS wearing ear plugs) my hearing is still good enough that in the foobar2000 blind A/B test I can consistently (80% of the time) tell the difference between 320 kbps MP3 & 96/24 FLAC/WMA Lossless. 

(Your hearing is one of those things that once it's damaged said damage is permanent.)

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #266 of 318
At UE University we have started to do profiles on the dealers in the UE community. Our first one is on The Thinking Group in APAC. You can read the article here: http://ultmt.rs/Vjgm8a

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #267 of 318
Hey Head-Fi!

Get your questions ready, Ultimate Ears Pro will be hosting a Reddit AMA tomorrow (12/16) at 10am PST! 

See you there!!!

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #268 of 318
Check out the UE University interview with Dave Pensado and Herb Trawick from Pensado's Place. We talk about a wide varitey of topics including Dave using UE RMs in his production workflow.

http://ultmt.rs/15xmSgQ

Here's a great quote:

Dave: Recently I started using the Ultimate Ears and that process was greatly enhanced and the Ultimate Ears seduced me into giving them a larger job in the process than just the stereo spectrum. Then I started making EQ decisions and felt confident about that and then I started listening to them in terms of what I should do and so they’ve become a significant part of my process.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #269 of 318
We got some great feed back about our new mobile cleaning kit from  Donato Paterostro - live sound mixer (TV on the Radio, Grizzly Bear, The Head & The Heart). Check it out at UE University contact me if you are interested in getting hold of one!

http://ultimateearsuniversity.com/post/113517169305

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #270 of 318

Users who are viewing this thread

Back