Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #3,663 of 4,383
Yeah they should be, they come with the 900s but maybe you can order them from Logitech if u want them for the 900. There like a hybrid between the Sony tips and the original ue 900 tips. I used the sony tips for my tripel FI 10"and those were one of the best tips for those and were highly recommended on the form for those

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #3,664 of 4,383
Do you guys think $199 is a good deal for these? I had the UE900 from the Apple store at full price and took them back due to the QC issues many were having. I never had any issues but was just worried. I did love the IEMs and they were probably may favorite all arounders except for the price.

Now fast forward to this week. I was in the airport and a store had the original UE 900 for $199. I couldn't help myself and snagged them. They are brand new and had full warranty. They let me open the box and test them and so far so good. No issues with the cables or cut outs. I looked around at used sets and Amazon/eBay and they are still holding their value pretty well. I figure that with the warranty I should be fine. Just looking for input if most would have done the same.

Also, now reading through this thread, would it be worth looking into getting replacements from UE? I am leaning to not going that route and just enjoying my purchase until I have problems. 2 years is a long time to have for the replacements.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #3,665 of 4,383
  Do you guys think $199 is a good deal for these? I had the UE900 from the Apple store at full price and took them back due to the QC issues many were having. I never had any issues but was just worried. I did love the IEMs and they were probably may favorite all arounders except for the price.

Now fast forward to this week. I was in the airport and a store had the original UE 900 for $199. I couldn't help myself and snagged them. They are brand new and had full warranty. They let me open the box and test them and so far so good. No issues with the cables or cut outs. I looked around at used sets and Amazon/eBay and they are still holding their value pretty well. I figure that with the warranty I should be fine. Just looking for input if most would have done the same.

Also, now reading through this thread, would it be worth looking into getting replacements from UE? I am leaning to not going that route and just enjoying my purchase until I have problems. 2 years is a long time to have for the replacements.

$199 brand new is an absolute bargain...

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #3,666 of 4,383

$199 is an absolute bargain. If you're talking about replacements from UE, they're probably going to replace it with UE900s. In which some have reviewed and said the UE900 performs better than UE900s. Though I have not heard UE900s before yet.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,668 of 4,383
Yeah there's a difference I notice, could be because of the mic on the blue cord but don't quote me on it, it could also be the memory wire that's affecting the seal also. The wire u use is not going to form the same as an unused wire, also consider the label disepearing from the wire making it harder to put it in correct even if you think u have it in right, so considering all of those variable its hard to say what's causing the wires to appear to sound different from one another

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #3,669 of 4,383
that's what i tought ,
nerver understood when people were saying the sound from ue900 could be vailed sometimes(it is because i always used the black one)
i think sound is better with the blackwire.(had to change because the moulded part started to brake on the right side of theblack wire)
alsonoticed less bass on the blue wire...

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #3,670 of 4,383
  that's what i tought ,
nerver understood when people were saying the sound from ue900 could be vailed sometimes(it is because i always used the black one)
i think sound is better with the blackwire.(had to change because the moulded part started to brake on the right side of theblack wire)
alsonoticed less bass on the blue wire...

I also notice less bass on the blue. but idk if its the same on 900s didt try the black wire and the bass on those are better but not like what you guys think. it just don't sound underwhelming and it much more easy to hear. now that the pin hole started to fill up the 900 and 900s sound similer but its still different you can hear everything better. like how u could be listing to a song and there some type of voice or something going on in the background that u couldn't hear with out headphones. you can still hear it but u still have to put some effort into it. now you can hear it no problem. also you can hear notes that weren't there before. like for example if a singer was hitting a high note it will go on longer now and then some same with all the other frequencies. I never really knew what people ment when they say a frequency rolls off at a certain point but if this is it then that's what's going on if not idk what to call that. sound stage is still wider then the 900. unclog the bass was something else you felt the subbass and every thing sounded like it was coming from its own speaker

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #3,672 of 4,383
  hello guys, im really interested in the ue900s, but i heard someone said the 900s is basically the 900 with a brand new(900s) packing, is that true? 

P.S I'm gonna order it from the canada logitech website

No, there are differences and some minor improvements.  But if you can get the old version on a deep discount, then by all means go for that.

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #3,674 of 4,383

Why would UE give you replacements when there's nothing wrong with them? Companies would be crazy to replace items that their customers thought might break before the warranty expired.

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #3,675 of 4,383
They are not the same and they sound different, if you like the sound signature of your UE900 you maynot like the UE900s', they have more details in the highs and mid highs but less bass, even though mine looked just like the UE900.

hello guys, im really interested in the ue900s, but i heard someone said the 900s is basically the 900 with a brand new(900s) packing, is that true? 

P.S I'm gonna order it from the canada logitech website
k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back