Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 20, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #3,631 of 4,383
I use the Null Audio Vitesse Black Cable with my UE900. I also have FiiO RC cable but don't like the silver cable for they synthetic sound signature. What I can say about Vitesse cable it's that sound is more clear, soundstage is wide, instrument separation is fantastic and sound signature overall is more warmer with little midbass boost. Soundstage is very close to Sony XBA-H3 (but still not as deep), when with stock cable soundstage is flat, 2D and cheap.
Overall I like UE900 + Aftermarket cable more than H3. And one thing I want to notice that changes between cables is more noticeable with good sound source, for example, it's very hard to hear the sound differences on iPhone 4S/5S rather than on FiiO X5.

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #3,632 of 4,383
I'm writing this comment with a ue900 with me. I've got this for 130 pounds and to be honest, it was a good buy for 130 pounds. The ue900 is truly impressive, very clean and soundstage is good, but i noticed that there is a bit echo in the mid range, vocal particularly. There is a lack of richness in the vocal, which makes the mid sometimes tasteless. Treble is nice, never sibilance yet very detailed and sparkle, while the bass is pretty decent, even though it doesnt have much punch to it and a bit linear. The overall sound signature is a bit V-shaped, which is enjoyable for most music, but for vocal lovers or basshead i can see that it can be not so satisfying. On some tracks, i can hear it a bit unnatural, especially when you listen to the finger snapping. Overall, for 130 pounds, yes it is very nice, but for 360 pounds? It certainly is over priced, both sound and the lame build quality. 

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #3,633 of 4,383
I'm writing this comment with a ue900 with me. I've got this for 130 pounds and to be honest, it was a good buy for 130 pounds. The ue900 is truly impressive, very clean and soundstage is good, but i noticed that there is a bit echo in the mid range, vocal particularly. There is a lack of richness in the vocal, which makes the mid sometimes tasteless. Treble is nice, never sibilance yet very detailed and sparkle, while the bass is pretty decent, even though it doesnt have much punch to it and a bit linear. The overall sound signature is a bit V-shaped, which is enjoyable for most music, but for vocal lovers or basshead i can see that it can be not so satisfying. On some tracks, i can hear it a bit unnatural, especially when you listen to the finger snapping. Overall, for 130 pounds, yes it is very nice, but for 360 pounds? It certainly is over priced, both sound and the lame build quality. 

Try out some tips. For me my RE400 tips I got worked well to improve the mids considerably. The mids were a mess before that with everything else

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #3,634 of 4,383
Thanks for all the recommendations. Where can i order those cables? Any particular site that ships internationally? 

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #3,636 of 4,383
every thing is enhances, grater sound stage clearity mids bass but its not over bearing, everything enhanch Il give more info later. Only listen for 10 min. They have like a u shape signature if that's even a signature. There closer to the tripel fi 10

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #3,637 of 4,383
I have been listening to them for a while and the most obvious change is the sound stage, it much wider and has hight. The sub bass is increase but it sound like there a sub whoofer that's separated from the rest of the music. Its not over powers or anything. The mids sound similar its like everything is separate from each other and its obvious you can easily pic it out. This whole set up makes it sounds more live, like an out door venue there also air in these 900s. What ever they said that the pin hole bore said in the description is exactly what its doing. Idk how this is going to effect the sound stage and separation as it close it up. This has nothing to do with sound but I notice that the 900s has no filter's idk if they forgot to put them in mine or this is part of the final design change, so for anybody who has a unibody 900s let me know if you see a red filter in them or not

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #3,638 of 4,383
so it means that logitech really sold two ue900s models at the same price but the new (real..) one has a better sound ?
someone from logitech talked on this forum saying that the two models were the same.... good logitech
maybe we should wait more reviews

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #3,639 of 4,383
its better but not a drastic difference, the difference from the ue 900 and ue 900s is about the difrence from the tripel fi 10 to the 900 minus the sound signature change. like I said before the most obvious difference is the sound stage and the sense of space between the drivers it really sounds like every thing is coming from its own sepreate speaker or driver. that the best way I can explain it. the 900 the instrument sepration good but it just sounded seprated it didt sound like therer a sepreat subwoofer, tweeter and mid range speaker. because of this the voices are not that intimate, I don't know if that's the right word, but the sense of connection that I sense in the singer voice on the 900 after pin hole is fill is not the same on the 900s. the voice on the 900s dose not sound veil like in the 900  tho but it dose sound slightly recesse that why I saod it seem like it might have a u signature but its a slight recession, maybe this can also be the reason why I sense a slight bit of disconnection of the mids. the prat is also much better on these. so I guss that's good for the average consumer. also the comply tips on these are really good, its the first time I preferd them over the stock tips

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #3,640 of 4,383
The mids on this is really bothering me. Its the way its presented, I can't connect with the singer. I also can't hear the singer in the middle of my head or the front of my head.maybe this will all change with the pin fills. Preference will play a role between which one you like between the two

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #3,641 of 4,383
The mids on this is really bothering me. Its the way its presented, I can't connect with the singer. I also can't hear the singer in the middle of my head or the front of my head.maybe this will all change with the pin fills. Preference will play a role between which one you like between the two

Try different tips. The mids on mine has been bothering me since May 2013 (when I got them). Its only recently when I tried the tips that came in my latest batch of the RE0 that the mids really opened and cleared up for me.

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #3,642 of 4,383
Sep 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #3,643 of 4,383

Try different tips. The mids on mine has been bothering me since May 2013 (when I got them). Its only recently when I tried the tips that came in my latest batch of the RE0 that the mids really opened and cleared up for me.

thanks that helped. mids are much better, I also found the red filter, its in the pin whole sized bore. so therer a white filter/no filter in the big one and a red in the small one.  and they don't sound like everything coming from their own speaker anymore.

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #3,644 of 4,383

Did u mean the white bi-flange tips?

Sep 28, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #3,645 of 4,383
thanks that helped. mids are much better, I also found the red filter, its in the pin whole sized bore. so therer a white filter/no filter in the big one and a red in the small one.  and they don't sound like everything coming from their own speaker anymore.

No not the White ones but I have smallish ear canals so what may work for me may not work for you so you've gotta try and see what works out for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back