Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #3,617 of 4,383
If you go on the website it actually explain the purposes of the pin size bore now, So I think its for real. Also when I was speaking to a rep about replacing my 900 that was having driver flex, he told me that unfortunately my model is not in production and I think he was going to offer me the boom but then he told to wait one sec and told me they have a model they can releases to me. When I got my shipping label it was to a different location then the area they usually ship it to. So I will be able to confirm this along with the other two guys by the end of the week

Sep 13, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #3,618 of 4,383
I checked the US and Dutch (Netherlands) website. Nothing new to be found. The explenation of the Dual Audio paths was already there.
Or do you mean something else @jayaudio116 ?

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #3,619 of 4,383
I never saw that explanation, and the wording of the others things are different too, before they said something to the likes of piano like high soul satisfying bass and paten bore. With out ever explain the purposes behind it. Now the overall description on the 900, is realistic sound and instrument separation and clarity. Idk if that's going to be the actual sound of these tho

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #3,620 of 4,383
From where did you acquire them? If you don't mind me asking?

Sent to me by Logitech. Been a 4 month or so process to finally get them. I opened them up today and can confirm that they are the unibody ones so they actually do exist.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #3,622 of 4,383
How do they sound in comparison to the old model

I'll have to let you know since I've been in the middle of a pretty bad cold and it's not exactly the situation to be testing them.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #3,624 of 4,383
How do they sound in comparison to the old model

I have one early production UE900, one recent production UE900, and one "unibody" UE900--all here, not recalling from memory over time--and with the same tips on them, they sound the same to me.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #3,625 of 4,383
I have one early production UE900, one recent production UE900, and one "unibody" UE900--all here, not recalling from memory over time--and with the same tips on them, they sound the same to me.

Thanks Jude for the clarification on the mysterious UE900 variants.

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #3,626 of 4,383

If anyone wants to buy the 900s directly from Ultimate Ears in Irvine (where we make all of the CIEM's) just ping us at customsales@ultimateears.com  If anyone is worried about anything, why not buy them directly from the lab that is legendary for our customer service. And here's a good one to prove to the community just how committed we are to the 900s. If anyone buys a new set of customs from us (the 4's included — which we now all know are digitally detailed and 3D printed for perfect fit and comfort) between today and the end of September, then we'll throw the 900s in for only $200. Note that this offer is not retroactive and we will not apply this to any order unless it is discussed ahead of time when placing the order. Just simply contact us directly and reference the 3D/ 900s super deal that Mike mentioned in the 900 discussion thread. One more caveat. The 900s that we have are original 900s, the ones with the packaging and user experience enhancements. Like Jude said, they are all the same thing. So please, if you do take us up on this offer, please don't ask which 900s because to us, they have always just simply been the 900s — the ones with all the great fit tips that the musicians love to use as backup spares for tours. 

Say, did anyone happen to catch that they were just reviewed in the latest Mix Magazine?

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #3,627 of 4,383
Sorry for the double post but there was one more thing that I wanted to share about the 900s. They won Best in Show at Summer NAMM in Nashville a few weeks back. That's like winning a Grammy in our world for touring gear.

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #3,628 of 4,383
Got these about 2 months back and have been using them mostly when i am in flight. Just wondering what after-market cables would be best for these. 

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #3,629 of 4,383
Depends on what you like. For now I'm using my Oyaide cable. Nice balanced sound but it's a bit clearer and more defined versus the stock cable. The Copper Thor cable I have has a big bass and more high end but lacks mids for me.

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #3,630 of 4,383
I'm on fonebone cadence for my 900s. Sub bass is much tighter and has both better texture and quantity. Mids are more pronounced. With wider soundstage and cleaner background removing the veil on the stock cable giving better clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back