Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 vs Senn IE8
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #16 of 24

Quote:
IE8 was the most veiled sounding IEM I have ever heard.  Returned it within a week.

Lol yea I felt the same way until I got another cable and eq'd the mid bass out of them.  Everything got a lot better after that.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #17 of 24
i have both the ie8 and  triple fi 10  and my senn's just sit in there box even with the fit issue of the triple fi 10 i still prefer the UE's sound 
the IE8's only have about 100 hrs on them,  they just sound muddy

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
IE8 was the most veiled sounding IEM I have ever heard.  Returned it within a week.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I just do not understand comments like this about the IE8. Given, they're not the most detailed iems on the planet, I've never thought of them as veiled. Quite the opposite actually. I was a bit surprised at the level of detail I was hearing. I've heard SO many iems that sound more veiled to my ears (SE420, SE530, Custom 3, Triple.Fi (mid range), Turbines, Atrios the list goes on...) Maybe there are just a lot of defective pairs out there. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 24
IMHO:

Sound: TF10>IE8
Comfort: IE8>TF10
Overall Construction/Build: IE8>TF10
Price Point: TF10>IE8
Level of Personal Satisfaction: TF10>IE8

But I'm a weird guy I have really different taste? (or hearing?) lol

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #23 of 24
Well had a short demo of the ie8 before and it depends on your sound signature preference

IE8 = Thick sound, Tf10 = thiner sound.
IE8 = Bass, Tf10 = Treble

Somewhere in between i would say MTPC (?)

I've never liked the tf10 because they sound too harsh for me at times. People used to say tf10 had decent amount of bass but i never can feel the bass of it, too light for my liking. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
Well had a short demo of the ie8 before and it depends on your sound signature preference

IE8 = Thick sound, Tf10 = thiner sound.
IE8 = Bass, Tf10 = Treble

Somewhere in between i would say MTPC (?)

I've never liked the tf10 because they sound too harsh for me at times. People used to say tf10 had decent amount of bass but i never can feel the bass of it, too light for my liking. 

thats funny, because to me, the TF10's have about as much bass as the IE8's in the min position, which is currently where I'm keeping the knob at. I cant really see the MTPC being somewhere in between these headphones considering their characteristics. I'd say the're closer to the TF10's, but on the other side of it since the soundstage is a bit more narrow than the other two, and it happens to have a v-shaped feeling to it(as in, it "v's" out a little from ~1khz).
My opinion(take it for the grain of salt):
Oddly enough, I find the coppers are the most easily accepted IEM, followed by the IE8(after burnin), then TF10's. The coppers play what you want to hear, and sound very engaging, but detail comes out rather flat and meshed in with everything else; the IE8's have a full body sound, slight veiling bass note, rediculously wide soundstage, multi-layered presence, with pleasantly sweet and coherent mid-high's; and the TF10's can sound a bit steril and hollow at times, but are lightning fast, accurate, and hit repetitions effortlessly.
Pick your poison, they're all good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back