Ultimate Ears 700 -UE700- Review (Comparison/Vs Jays q-Jays)
Jan 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #46 of 94
To me, the q-Jays are more comfortable than the UE700's. Especially when they were fitted with the Klipsch Ovals.

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #48 of 94
i would say they offer a fair amount of speed and accuracy. They aren't the most powerful though, compared to it's older brother the TF10. The TF10 stomps on it in terms of lows.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #49 of 94
Wow. I just received a pair. Totally blown away, I cannot believe how good the UE700s are. Did not know in ear phones could sound this good and I love how they are even smaller and easier to sleep with than Etymotic's er6i's.
Truly excellent and a great buy.
To the guy asking about bass, bass is punchy and controlled, perfect IMO.

Don't usually give such good reviews, but am really surprised by these.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #51 of 94
Everyone is different. I have both the Super Fi 5 Pros and the UE 700's. I've noticed the bass on the Super Fi 5 Pros is slightly punchier to me BUT I'm willing to sacrifice the minute difference for the comfort level difference.
I LOVE the UE 700's.

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #52 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i tried them and felt the superfi.5 pros were significantly better. just had more soundstage and bass. perhaps the difference between micro drivers and standards.

micro-drivers are definitely not inferior to standard. It's just a term used to say a small balanced armature. THe UE700 uses a TWFK variant, and the TWFK is definitely not inferior on any levels to a bigger balanced armature unless you're comparing it for say low frequency representation to say a CI driver.

Both have their own pros and cons.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #54 of 94
How are the bass?
I would change my cx300 with this, but i love the lows(but not only...).
Do you think UE700 is for me?
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #57 of 94
cx300'S lows are bloated, muddy and disgusting in my opinion. They can't even be called a proper earphone for great music listening. They even price them at $100 retail, can't understand how they are able to sell a single pair. The UE700 is a totally different monster, it might not have the most powerful lows in the world, but it's really controlled and quick at the hits. Don't even ask about the highs and the mids...they really just don't compare.

May 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #58 of 94
hej guys,

just stumbled upon this thread. I just got the UE700 yesterday and must say I am impressed, though I have to do some swapping around with different earpieces.

I am a long time TF10 user, so maybe I'm a bit spoiled, but I needed way more comfort due to daily train travel.

So I was in the shop yesterday, doubting between Panasonic RPJ-HE70, the Shure SE115 and the Super.fi 5. Eventually, I though the extrat 30 bucks didnt matter and took the UE700.

The comfort is amazing compared to the Triple.fi, still the sound of the triple.fi is better but the UE700 come close enough for me, just have to experiment with the tips for some extra bass and stage. I also have the UE Metro.fi 170 and the have the nozzle but bigger silicons. So tonight I'm gonna try that and see what happens.

Anybody interested in the results?

Regards,

ric

Jun 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #59 of 94
I got UE700 for 90 euro from amazon.de. It sounds just like MaoDi's review. Nice Job!
Compare to my Sennheiser IE8, UE700 has a bright soundsig and less low bass.
But the bass impact is there and very crisp. Anyways Basshead will surely be disappointed from UE700.
As for me (also IE8's user), UE700 has enough bass and is very comfortable for long listening at low volume.
I'm very happy that i can hear the same clarity as IE8 at lower Volume, even mid not as smooth and bass not as much. It won't bother me.
After i listen to UE700, 180 euro for IE8 seems to be too expensive for me.
I don't understand, why UE700 doesn't get much attention here at head-fi. I find that,it's very comfortable and very nice clean sound for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back