UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Nov 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #361 of 398
My journey there starts in 1 hr
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #362 of 398
Dear Head-Fi Colleagues and Pedalhead,
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the 7th Nov meeting, V disappointed!!
frown.gif

I have fallen ill with flu-like virus, My Doctor says it not Swine.. I FEEL TERRIBLE!
Sorry friends, I hope you all have a very nice time.
Regards

Best wishes

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #363 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Head-Fi Colleagues and Pedalhead,
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the 7th Nov meeting, V disappointed!!
frown.gif

I have fallen ill with flu-like virus, My Doctor says it not Swine.. I FEEL TERRIBLE!
Sorry friends, I hope you all have a very nice time.
Regards

Best wishes

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon, that's a bummer. I have to say, if the meet was yesterday I wouldn't have been there either. Just as I got over the flu, along comes a 24-hour chunder bug. Most unpleasant, and at this point I haven't eaten anything for 36 hours, so I'll be taking it very easy on the food/beer front over the weekend! I had hoped to get all my stuff packed up last night, but I was in bed from 7pm so I'm a bit behind on getting everything together today. Still, I am reliably informed that tea and chocolate are suitable for someone in my condition, so a couple of snack stops on the way up to Manchester will be in order I think.

See you all soon
normal_smile .gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #364 of 398
Pedalhead

I am getting my bits ready now and sorting out the route.

will bring denon ah-d2000 sennheiser px 100 shure se 530
Onkyo nd-s1 and bechmark dac1 hdr.
Must remember power cables.
Hope to see you tomorrow.

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #367 of 398
Sorry to hear that Akash, there's a lot of illness around at the moment
frown.gif
Hope to see you at next years meet.

I'll be leaving in about an hour with a case and a bag as I ran out of room for clothes etc. in the case. Packing a case was bad enough, I don't envy those packing a whole car but can't wait to hear some of the gear so thanks for taking the time to do so.

Is it just me and Duggeh up for a drink tonight? It's hard enough looking for a group of strangers in an unknown pub, let alone one! I'll check back when I arrive so if anyone will be there please say so
smily_headphones1.gif

See everyone soon!

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #368 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear that Akash, there's a lot of illness around at the moment
frown.gif
Hope to see you at next years meet.

I'll be leaving in about an hour with a case and a bag as I ran out of room for clothes etc. in the case. Packing a case was bad enough, I don't envy those packing a whole car but can't wait to hear some of the gear so thanks for taking the time to do so.

Is it just me and Duggeh up for a drink tonight? It's hard enough looking for a group of strangers in an unknown pub, let alone one! I'll check back when I arrive so if anyone will be there please say so
smily_headphones1.gif

See everyone soon!

Wish I could, but it's my cousins 21st tonight so can't make it down.

The Lass O'Gowrie can get pretty rammed on a Friday, so just in case there's no room at the inn here's some good nearby alternatives:
The Knot near Deansgate station, The Salisbury near Oxford Rd station, and the Vine/City Arms at the back of the town hall.
Steer clear of Wetherspoons at Piccadilly and any of the sport/TV bars.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #369 of 398
Hi, I am on the way up by train, probs just having some food and a couple of beers in hotel bar tonite. Cheers.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #372 of 398
Are we suppose to come to the Weston Hall/Building of Days Hotel?

I probably be there at 11:30.

Just to let you know pedalhead, tranhieu also can't attend to the meet tomorrow, he is busy and have some personal things to do.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #373 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhat_thanh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we suppose to come to the Weston Hall/Building of Days Hotel?

I probably be there at 11:30.

There will be a sign in the reception of the Hotel to direct you to the Weston Room.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #375 of 398
Sorry to hear about your b22...would have been a great opportunity to show off your hard work.

So I'm at the hotel & just had a chat with the conference porter who's in the process of setting up the room. All looks good & I reckon we'll be fine on space & power. As mentioned some time ago though, please do ensure you bring enough power sockets for your gear...assume there'll be one socket under your table.

My wake up call is scheduled for 7am & I'll be in the Weston room by 7:30 - 8am. See you all tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back