UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Nov 2, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #331 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kk. I didn't mean full scale selling, just w/e things ppl don't need/want or unfortunately have to sell.
Your hd800s gave me the idea as for some reason I've been watchin ur FS thread Duggeh; the idea in my mind was more to encourage prospective head-fi-ing buyers rather than sellers, I thought it might help.
wink.gif

If I've offended you in some way, that was honestly not my intention and I apologise.

I'm sure you haven't offended anyone mate, it's a perfectly reasonable point. I can't see that a few people with some personal items for sale would be a problem for anyone
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #332 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kk. I didn't mean full scale selling, just w/e things ppl don't need/want or unfortunately have to sell.
Your hd800s gave me the idea as for some reason I've been watchin ur FS thread Duggeh; the idea in my mind was more to encourage prospective head-fi-ing buyers rather than sellers, I thought it might help.
wink.gif

If I've offended you in some way, that was honestly not my intention and I apologise.

P4Z i dont think you have offended anyone.I agree with you that it will be a great opportunity for headphone enthusiasts to swap/sell each other unused or unwanted gear.

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #333 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by seroxatmad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@markymark

Are you taking your sugden cdmaster and head master?

John

Hi John,

I'm coming by train from London so bit awkard as the Sugden gear is very heavy (solid aluminium casework). I will only be able to bring the Headmaster, and not 100% sure about that yet (need to see if it fits in my suitcase and check weight, if OK then no probs!).

Expect to bring:

Benchmark DAC1
Panasonic DVD-S47 for transport duties (CD and hi-rez)
Heed Canamp
Denon AH-D5000 with Markl mods and Jena recable (stuffing taken out of the pads as it kills the mids)
Etymotic ER4-P/S
ALO recabled AKG K701
VDH First Ultimate i/c
Townshend Isolda DCT300 i/c
LAT AC-2 powerblock

Cheers.

P.S. If anyone wants to make an enquiry on the day for the K701 or Canamp you're welcome to do so as I'm thinking about cutting my gear list.

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #334 of 398
MarkyMark, if it saves you a little train transport woe, I can bring a Pioneer DV-575A for you to use as that transport + Hi-Rez.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #335 of 398
I know I've left it a bit late but it just occurred to me: does anyone have an enclosure suitable for a CKKIII amp they'd like to sell at the meet? I just need something that's pre-drilled so I can just slot everything in, preferably all metal but I'll consider alternatives.

Cheers.

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #336 of 398
Hi all.

Only a few days to go now.

I was thinking of collating and sharing on a projector peoples thoughts on the 'best' equipment. This is not to pat any single person on the back but to collate each persons thoughts on 'best' categories. This 'best' actually means most popular amongst attendees, but that has to be worth something, and outsiders see what we tried and what the 'overall' thoughts were. Each person has equal votes.

I was thinking Best Full Size Headphone, Portable, IEM.
Best SS Amp, Tube Amp, Portable Amp.

Best Home source, portable source.

Best Home Dac, portable Dac

Best overall set-up.

Best audition track.

Everybody gets 6 points for each category so they can use all 6 on one item,or spread them like 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd.

I'll collate results as the day goes on.

Overkill or worth the effort?

What do you all think?

Sceptre

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #341 of 398
my main cdp started "humming" today. I dont know whats up with it, if i dont get it sorted by Saterday il bring my Cambringe Audio cd5 with me. Hope this will good enuff for the gs1000's.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #344 of 398
Erm....I went and sold some of my kit to buy speakers
confused_face.gif

I realise I have shamed myself but hope you will still talk to me on the day if all I bring is some CDs and a smile.

To be honest the rest of my gear is looking a bit 'meh' compared to what is going to be there. I will try and bring a few things that don't appear on the list and will be of interest but apart from that I will be window shopping for my next step up.

Hope that's OK chaps?

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #345 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm....I went and sold some of my kit to buy speakers
confused_face.gif

I realise I have shamed myself but hope you will still talk to me on the day if all I bring is some CDs and a smile.

To be honest the rest of my gear is looking a bit 'meh' compared to what is going to be there. I will try and bring a few things that don't appear on the list and will be of interest but apart from that I will be window shopping for my next step up.

Hope that's OK chaps?

No problem at all mate, you don't have to bring any gear to attend. CDs and a smile are just fine! Guilty secret...I have quite a decent pair of speakers too
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back