Ugliest Headphones Ever Awards--VOTE NOW!
Jul 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 227
Strong candidates

Jecklin_Float_Electrostat.jpg

grande-headphones-boosted.jpg

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #18 of 227
From a designer's point of view, I think that the HD800 is the worst attempt, simply because of the built hype and the extreme pretentiousness of the design team in aiming for uber high tech looking cans, without understanding that the materials at their budgetary disposition were not high tech.

!!!!!!!!!!The HD800 are the most FAKE LOOKING and OVER-DESIGNED headphones ever!!!!!!!!!!!

I should add that I own a pair... though I might sell it ....

hd800_2.jpg

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
!!!!!!!!!!The HD800 are the most FAKE and OVER-DESIGNED headphones ever!!!!!!!!!!!

But what matters here is whether they're the ugliest or not. This isn't about the design philosophy..

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #21 of 227
Jul 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #22 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by jawang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think some of those look pretty good lol (esp. the gold one, and the last sennheiser)

Finally! Someone else thinks the HD280s aren't ugly!

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #23 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From a designer's point of view, I think that the HD800 is the worst attempt, simply because of the built hype and the extreme pretentiousness of the design team in aiming for uber high tech looking cans, without understanding that the materials at their budgetary disposition were not high tech.

!!!!!!!!!!The HD800 are the most FAKE LOOKING and OVER-DESIGNED headphones ever!!!!!!!!!!!

I should add that I own a pair... though I might sell it ....

hd800_2.jpg

Yeah, the HD800s could use a little bit more of a sedate design. As it is, they look more like a Power Rangers toy than a serious high-end headphone. Seriously, can't you see the White Ranger wearing those?

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #24 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the HD800s could use a little bit more of a sedate design. As it is, they look more like a Power Rangers toy than a serious high-end headphone. Seriously, can't you see the White Ranger wearing those?

Yes, I believe the white ranger would be able to deflect Sonic Balst with those.
evil_smiley.gif

But one thing I find. the HD800 size is actually one of the most comfortble cans I tried. Since i have a big melon. I can see my self withstand soic blast and still look abit normal on the side. =)

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #25 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skull_candy_Ti_gold.jpg

haha only SkullCandy could crank out something as hideous as that.

Jul 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #30 of 227
What about the nokia design contest thriller headphones... Sweet idea, but I could probably never rock these on the street :p
These are also available in some stores.
Thriller%2Bcutout.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back