UE Triple X - BREAKING NEWS!!!
Jul 30, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #61 of 79
Yup, and if they do, I'll fly the Shure plane (E500) this time around...the fact that they stick out like that doesn't appeal to my sleek-ish needs
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #62 of 79
Are these actually going to ship or was this just a ploy to take away some of the shine from the Shure E500 ??
Did they just announce a product that was not in the works and now they have to go and design one?
Has there been any updates from UE ?

Aug 23, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #64 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv
Are these actually going to ship or was this just a ploy to take away some of the shine from the Shure E500 ??
Did they just announce a product that was not in the works and now they have to go and design one?
Has there been any updates from UE ?

All I could get out of CS was that the release date has now been pushed back (again) to October. I don't know how long I can handle this teasing. I was told to keep checking the website. sigh........

Aug 23, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #65 of 79
I would like to add a thing or two.
There was a recent review of the UE 10 pros on Enjoy the Music.com®.
One statement in the article claimed that the only really downside of the UE 10 pros is the fact that you are not able to listen to them before ordering, meaning you had to jump in cold water, because of their custom nature.
I disagreed with the statement because I got myself a set of generic UE 10 pro from the German distributor for testing.
To my surprise the author of the article confronted UE with my statement and he got some reply from Mike Dias which he also did send to me:
“It is true that Ultimate Ears enables some of our dealers to educate their clients by providing custom 10’s with a universal tip. However, the universal testing models do not have the same sound signature as a true custom made UE-10. There is no way to match the comfort and sound quality of a hand-made custom product. As mentioned in the article, the best way to test our customs is to listen to our super.fi’s.”
blink.gif

I found this answer a bit strange. Although I was told by the German distributor that the generics are no match for real customs I found them very different from the super.fi. If not I would have never considered getting a pair. If this statement would be true what does it actually mean? That the generics are just a placebo?
SO WHY AM I TELLING YOU ALL THIS?
Because I feel that there is too much hype coming up already. It seems a bit like with the Shure E500. There was a lot of exitement before the release and right now there is a considerable list of people who seem rather disillusioned.
Here are some points to think about:
- if the generic 10 pros are not on par with the customs, then how are they supposed to get the sound with a simple universal? Because of a different design?
- if so, how do they explain the 500 $ differnce to their 10 pro customers?
- why is UE so tight lipped about the 10 pro generics? Do they simply fear too many people asking for a free test hearing? (which I could understand very well).
Honestly I do may have imagined everything. Maybe the difference I heard between my 5 pro and the generics was just wishful thinking, but maybe not.
Right at the moment I do not believe that the Triple XXX will sound the same as the 10 pro. If so, why was the first price for namingg them a set of 10 pros and not two or three sets of the new product?
So here is my advice: Just stay relaxed until the Triple XXX are actually sold and you will have a chance to listen to them before buying, so that you will not end up being disappointed.
Just my two cents...
cool.gif

Aug 23, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #66 of 79
I quite like the Super.fi fit. They are big, yes, but not ridiculous and they stay where you put them!

Shures always feel like its going to fall out, so I end up being very gentle with head movements and thus never get that feeling like there's nothing there, as I do with many other IEMs i forget I'm wearing.

I can't wait to check this thing out when it's available!

Aug 23, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #67 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
I quite like the Super.fi fit. They are big, yes, but not ridiculous and they stay where you put them!

Shures always feel like its going to fall out, so I end up being very gentle with head movements and thus never get that feeling like there's nothing there, as I do with many other IEMs i forget I'm wearing.

Just curious, why are you rockin' UM2s now?

Aug 23, 2006 at 12:49 PM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by beedee
All I could get out of CS was that the release date has now been pushed back (again) to October. I don't know how long I can handle this teasing. I was told to keep checking the website. sigh........

[size=small]October???????[/size]

Aug 23, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #69 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor
Just curious, why are you rockin' UM2s now?

I lost my Super.fi 5 Pro's in New York and wanted a replacement that was a bit more detailed in the mids and highs yet with the same deep strong bass. My requirements were also something I could wear while sleeping and the UM2's were the best choice for these requirements in my price range, as I got them used.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #70 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
[size=small]October???????[/size]

Darn! I'm going to get the E500 then. I wanted to wait for the Triple-X, but I guess October is too long a wait.

Aug 23, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #71 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton
...To my surprise the author of the article confronted UE with my statement and he got some reply from Mike Dias which he also did send to me:
“It is true that Ultimate Ears enables some of our dealers to educate their clients by providing custom 10’s with a universal tip. However, the universal testing models do not have the same sound signature as a true custom made UE-10. There is no way to match the comfort and sound quality of a hand-made custom product. As mentioned in the article, the best way to test our customs is to listen to our super.fi’s.”
blink.gif

I found this answer a bit strange. Although I was told by the German distributor that the generics are no match for real customs I found them very different from the super.fi. If not I would have never considered getting a pair. If this statement would be true what does it actually mean? That the generics are just a placebo?...

I also find that to be a strange statement. I've listened to the UE-10 universal and Super.Fi side-by-side, and the UE-10 sounded far superior. If the Super.Fi is closer to the sound of the custom UE-10, there's no way I'd pay even $300 for the UE-10.

Aug 23, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #72 of 79
@ Nospam: I do not believe that the customs are more close to the 5 pros then to the generics.
I honestly have no idea what the real reasons are for making this statement
BUT
maybe they just forget to tell Mr. Gold about the Generics and had to get their head out of the sling
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 23, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #73 of 79
Ummm...I am supposed to received a FedEx package from Mike at UE. It's a "thank you" "surprise" from Mike for the "FS" mod of the UE Super.fi 5pro. I am crossing my fingers, hopefully, it's a "XXX" package, wish me luck.
blink.gif

So, I didn't cross my fingers long enough, but I did receive a t-shirt, couple key chains, armband, and some stickers. It was nice of UE to do that, thanks Mike.

Aug 23, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #74 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc

While I don't like how much the Super.Fi's stick out, the silicone eartips are the most comfortable and best sealing of all the silicone ear tips out there for me.

My wife loves the Super.Fi's eartips, they are the ONLY IEM's she will wear. Unfortunately for me, she uses them all the time. LOL.

-Ed

Aug 23, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #75 of 79
so What is the new name for this triple X UE? I thought we gana have a winner chosen like last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back