UE Triple X - BREAKING NEWS!!!
Jul 13, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #16 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron
If you guys don't want the UE's universal fit series to stick out so much, you could do something blasphemous (?) and wear L on right and R on left
biggrin.gif

I don't find them comfortable this way, either. It is not simply an issue of them "sticking out."

I really don't understand why UE has stuck with this design when every other IEM manufacturer uses a design with reduced visibility/better fit.

Note: I own both the UE Super-Fi 5 Pro and UE Super-Fi 5 EB.

-Matt

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #18 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Three people have said that the E500 is a UE-10 killer. The rest seem to disagree.

Three people = astro turf, shameless product promotion for a release.

-Matt

One person = a hole
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #19 of 79
So it's confirmed they're following their trend of the 'baby-carrot-out-of-ear' thing?
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #20 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
So it's confirmed they're following their trend of the 'baby-carrot-out-of-ear' thing?
frown.gif

I do not know. From the few pictures which circulated around the forums, it seems they will be similar in design to the super.fi line.

Personally, I find the pro and the Eb to be comfortable, especially the pro - not the MOST comfortable, but they are comfortable to me.

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #21 of 79
Wait, what pics?
blink.gif

Aaaanyway, I guess there is a certain 'uniqueness' about the way it sticks out. I got a lot of comments of how funky and weird and cool they were. Guess it's also a good way to show people that something's in your ear before they start talking to you blindly.

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #22 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
any idea how do they look? it could be a poorman's ue10 (add 100 bucks for custom mold from audiologist)
biggrin.gif

I'll reiterate what I've been told by UE directly. Randomly adding length to the transducer tube (via an add-on custom mold) is a recipe for some serious treble roll-off. Haven't tried it myself, but that's the word from the guys in Irvine. YMMV
etysmile.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Wait, what pics?
blink.gif

Aaaanyway, I guess there is a certain 'uniqueness' about the way it sticks out. I got a lot of comments of how funky and weird and cool they were. Guess it's also a good way to show people that something's in your ear before they start talking to you blindly.

A big problem with sensas, even with the cord in front, but I even had that problem with er4's, which stick out by about a mile.

Jul 13, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #25 of 79
Hmm, a universal UE-10. That sure got *my* attention!

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #26 of 79
Quote:

Unfortunately, they selected the worst ergonomic design for an IEM.

Count me out.

-Matt

Not for everyone. The Super.Fi's are the most comfortable and best sealing for me. Well, as long as I don't lie down, that is.

Unfortunately, my wife absolutely LOVES my Super.Fi's for the main reason that they are the most comfortable IEM's she's ever used. I have not seen them since. She wont give them back.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #28 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Not for everyone. The Super.Fi's are the most comfortable and best sealing for me. Well, as long as I don't lie down, that is.

Unfortunately, my wife absolutely LOVES my Super.Fi's for the main reason that they are the most comfortable IEM's she's ever used. I have not seen them since. She wont give them back.
tongue.gif

-Ed

You find them more comfortable than Shure E4/E5?

I guess we all have different ears...

-Matt

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #29 of 79
Why is this breaking news? I thought everyone knew the xxx was intended to sound like the UE10? Ooh well, I was the only one that knew this from day one.

[QOUTE]
Rumor has it (you did not hear from me) that the Triples sell for $399.99 and sound spot on like our 10’s. Come on man – we’re UE – you know they sound killer. [/QOUTE]

Why is it a "Rumor" when the source works at UE? So should it be a insider fact rather than rumor? Also, the statement makes it seems like the person who said it never actually heard the product, and is just speculating based on inside information from the company.

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #30 of 79
Quote:

You find them more comfortable than Shure E4/E5?

I guess we all have different ears...

-Matt

Yup.

Well, as long as I don't lie down on my side, but that goes without saying.

Although, the new Shure "black olives" do close this comfort gap quite a bit.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back