UE Triple X - BREAKING NEWS!!!
Jul 13, 2006 at 8:42 AM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
Why is this breaking news? I thought everyone knew the xxx was intended to sound like the UE10? Ooh well, I was the only one that knew this from day one.

[QOUTE]
Rumor has it (you did not hear from me) that the Triples sell for $399.99 and sound spot on like our 10’s. Come on man – we’re UE – you know they sound killer. [/QOUTE]

Why is it a "Rumor" when the source works at UE? So should it be a insider fact rather than rumor? Also, the statement makes it seems like the person who said it never actually heard the product, and is just speculating based on inside information from the company.

Take a deep breath.

Everything will be fine.

And at around $400 and less, the Triple X will bring nothing but goodness. Good in that it will bring competitive pricing that will be good for all of us.

-Ed

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #32 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Take a deep breath.

Everything will be fine.

And at around $400 and less, the Triple X will bring nothing but goodness. Good in that it will bring competitive pricing that will be good for all of us.

-Ed

Ooh I'm not mad or anything =) I'm just saying that's all. I'm done w/ head-fi and I'm slowing going back to cars. Happy listening everyone.
cool.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #33 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
Ooh I'm not mad or anything =) I'm just saying that's all. I'm done w/ head-fi and I'm slowing going back to cars. Happy listening everyone.
cool.gif

No need to quit Head-fi.

Are you going to update a Car-Fi thread?
wink.gif

We all like cars too.

I have a fondness for Mazda's...
-Ed

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #34 of 79
Well I'm not quitting, I would like to go to the meet and stuff. But like with equipment, I got everything I wanted, and listened the upcoming products that's coming out- even w/ the new products, there's nothing really exciting for me anymore. I think I just reached the point where it's pointless for me to upgrade because I'm happy with the stuff I have.

I'll contiunue to post stuff in the member forums though, cause I like arguing with crazyfrenchman about basketball.
biggrin.gif

Ooh about the car stuff, I joined a Solara Forum and considering going to their meet in LB. We'll see what crazy stuff those import tuners can come up with to put on their cars. I'm really not into fixing up car import tuner style, but I kinda want to learn about tuning my car's performance. Don't worry, I wont be the guy with the huge exhaust that make loud motocyle's engine noise while driving 5mph.

Jul 13, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #35 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Unfortunately, my wife absolutely LOVES my Super.Fi's for the main reason that they are the most comfortable IEM's she's ever used. I have not seen them since. She wont give them back.
tongue.gif

ed, you lucky guy! now you have the perfect excuse to go out and buy a pair of the xxxs!
etysmile.gif

LFF, could you ask your source for a time frame - when is the projected release date?

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #36 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek
LFF, could you ask your source for a time frame - when is the projected release date?

This is what my source told me:

Quote:

Looking really solid for a mid-August release. The only thing left that we are finalizing is color. The sound is killer so anyone wanting to wait just a bit…….

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #37 of 79
Anyone knows the frequency response on this triple X thing?

Did it pass the 16kHz limitation of the UE10 pro?

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #38 of 79
Multi-driver IEM's are too big & too heavy for my ears. Maybe a custom-mold would work, but that sort of defeats the purpose of this universal UE product. My stock Ety ER4's work just fine for me and don't give me any reason to switch even after all these years.

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #41 of 79
can't wait to see what they look like. mid-August is their planned release date?? hmm... hopefully that doesn't translate into a delayed october release...

Jul 13, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #42 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
can't wait to see what they look like. mid-August is their planned release date?? hmm... hopefully that doesn't translate into a delayed october release...

Well I was given an early July release date. So they are pulling a Shure already...

Jul 13, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #43 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Anyone knows the frequency response on this triple X thing?

Did it pass the 16kHz limitation of the UE10 pro?

I am sure Shure did. PUN!!!!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, hearing the E500's, I am sure they extend a bit more than the UE-10's.

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #44 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak
Question, though...too heavy? Does it pull your head down or something like that?

No, the weight of the driver enclosure pulls itself down (and sometimes out of my ears) from its own weight.

But you are correct in that you have to go with what works best for you.

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #45 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
No, the weight of the driver enclosure pulls itself down (and sometimes out of my ears) from its own weight.

But you are correct in that you have to go with what works best for you.

Did you get a chance to try the E500's yet? While they appear larger I found them quite light and ergonomic, it took a couple of tries to figure out the angle but once I did I found they felt lighter in my ear than the E4's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back