UE Triple X - BREAKING NEWS!!!
Jul 13, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #46 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Multi-driver IEM's are too big & too heavy for my ears. Maybe a custom-mold would work, but that sort of defeats the purpose of this universal UE product. My stock Ety ER4's work just fine for me and don't give me any reason to switch even after all these years.

You sound like a man trying to talk himself out of spending money...
wink.gif
Seriously though, give the E500 a shot, it's very light and comfortable.

The UE design also works in such a way that the weight of the piece pushes itself into your ear, not the other way around.

Jul 14, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #47 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
You sound like a man trying to talk himself out of spending money.

Perhaps
wink.gif
Quote:

Seriously though, give the E500 a shot, it's very light and comfortable.

Tried them at the National meet. Sounded good and fit was "ok" but still on the larger side for me. My Ety's are far more comfortable.

Jul 14, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #48 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Perhaps
wink.gif
Tried them at the National meet. Sounded good and fit was "ok" but still on the larger side for me. My Ety's are far more comfortable.

You are the first person I've ever heard say that an Ety IEM was more comfortable than a Shure IEM.... Guess the world will never cease to amaze me...
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #49 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Well, it is just a rumor. It could always happen that the Triple X will end up being positioned as the er6-i killer.
wink.gif

Anything is a er6i killer. Hell I've got some V150s that would kill their compressed soundstage.

400$ is interesting, maybe lower than MSRP from Headroom?

Jul 15, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #50 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
You are the first person I've ever heard say that an Ety IEM was more comfortable than a Shure IEM.... Guess the world will never cease to amaze me...
wink.gif

I'll second that. My foamies and triflanges with my ER-4s are much more comfortable then the hard foam with the shure series.

Jul 15, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #53 of 79
If they're even remotely as large as the 5 Pros, I won't buy them no matter how good they sound.

Jul 15, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #54 of 79
The 5 pros have been good to me. I'm one of the consumers that found the 5 pros very comfortable, at least much more so than the barbed wire tri-flanges on the Ety 4p. I might consider the xXx after the dust settles. I'm looking forward to the wonderful reviews.

Jul 15, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #55 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I'll second that. My foamies and triflanges with my ER-4s are much more comfortable then the hard foam with the shure series.

Thirded here/
The Etys are easy to put in with the tri flanges and I can wear them for hours. Shures tend to always feel like they want to fall out.

Jul 15, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #56 of 79
I have never had any fitting problems with my E4Cs. They go in deep and don't fall out.

Jul 29, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #59 of 79
I'm looking for recent pictures of the XXX.
Can somebody link me to a photo of the actual piece that's going to be for-sale? (not a mock-up or a prototype)

Jul 29, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #60 of 79
I think most of us would appreciate even a mock-up or prototype pic. As far as I know, there are no actual pictures,let alone a mock-up or prototype picture. Word is the XXX is going to resemble the SuperFi5Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back