UE Triple X - BREAKING NEWS!!!
Aug 23, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #76 of 79
Not sure if this has been mentioned or anything, but.... If this is just a universal UE10, than why is the price so cheap when in comparison to the UE10's?

Oh well... The cheaper, the better.
smily_headphones1.gif
Haha but i seriously wished that they'd announce the look n specs n everything alreadyyy... The suspense is killing meeeeeeeee!!

~Long Live UE!!! (I dun use them though... Prefer the E4c's due to the detail and stuff over the added bass)

Aug 23, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #77 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HellDemon
Not sure if this has been mentioned or anything, but.... If this is just a universal UE10, than why is the price so cheap when in comparison to the UE10's?

Oh well... The cheaper, the better.
smily_headphones1.gif
Haha but i seriously wished that they'd announce the look n specs n everything alreadyyy... The suspense is killing meeeeeeeee!!

~Long Live UE!!! (I dun use them though... Prefer the E4c's due to the detail and stuff over the added bass)

Put very simply, the large price difference is because they can mass produce a universal fit piece. Custom is exactly that: custom. Building a custom designed house where you work with an architect to get exactly what you want is much more expensive than buying a suburban carbon copy of 100 other houses. Getting a custom fit UE-10 is much the same. Each piece is built just for you and there's a lot more work involved in getting them to be just right.

The look is going to be very similar to the current Super.Fi line.

The specs: A triple driver universal fit IEM that uses balanced armature drivers. FR ~ 20Hz - 16kHz (maybe they'll spec it at 17 or 18, but the word from Mike is that it will extend just a bit beyond 16kHz).

Additional comments from Mike: It will be a universal fit version of the 10.

Aug 26, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #78 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Additional comments from Mike: It will be a universal fit version of the 10.

My goodness. The UE-XXX will be a universal fit version of the UE-10 eh? Sounds promising.

Although... if the form factor will mirror the current Super.Fi line, that is rather unfortunate. I found it near impossible to sleep on my side with the SF5Ps.

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #79 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
My goodness. The UE-XXX will be a universal fit version of the UE-10 eh? Sounds promising.

Although... if the form factor will mirror the current Super.Fi line, that is rather unfortunate. I found it near impossible to sleep on my side with the SF5Ps.

I sleep ok with this mod.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back