UE Triple Fi. 10 Dropped Off the Face of the Earth?
Feb 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are u saying IE7 is in TF10's league?

maybe i shud audition the TF10 again then.

im saying i personally prefer the IE7, its closer to how i like things to be especially with the mids. but this is only since ive managed to get a good fit with the 7's and the triples isolate much better.

but the way they deal with the lows the mids and the highs stylisticaly the 7's do more things the way i want.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

the clarity on TF10 is much better than IE8 or IE7 imo.

I agree
smile.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive heard it could be due to lack of proper amping which is entirely possible, persuade me i want to buy a proper portable amp for them.

those saying the triple has greater clarity what are you using to drive them?

mark - You and I may be the only two people on Head-Fi that find TFP's (unamped) soft, fuzzy and somewhat veiled. Yes, there are always differing opinions of what people hear but in over 5 years here on Head-Fi I find this difference of opinion (about TFP's) to be perhaps the biggest head-scratcher of all time. Also, many compare them to Ety with fuller sound (What???). I might consider ER4 and TFP as far apart on the spectrum as any other two IEM's. One is bright, razor sharp presentation and decay while the other is pretty much the opposite. Perhaps I had a bad pair? Hell, I'd call SE530 closer to ER4 than TFP's? It's certainly brighter.

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont use any amp with triples but straight out from Sony S639F. I will say clarity is a lot better than all my IEMs. I'm still waiting for my IE8 arrival.

I guess you don't find it overly bright? I only ask that because I find that the 639 is a fairly bright player and I would reckon that using the Trips with it might make it too bright and fatiguing. I pair it with the 530's but can find that the mids can get a little too forward sometimes... does well for the highs and the lows though.

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you don't find it overly bright? I only ask that because I find that the 639 is a fairly bright player and I would reckon that using the Trips with it might make it too bright and fatiguing. I pair it with the 530's but can find that the mids can get a little too forward sometimes... does well for the highs and the lows though.

Nope, not really. To my ears, KSC75 is more fatiguing and bright sounding. I do remember someone mentioned S630F/S730F have forward sounding mid. Maybe that's why u find that SE530 mid is too forward but actually do well with "accused" recessed mid of triples.

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #38 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive heard it could be due to lack of proper amping which is entirely possible, persuade me i want to buy a proper portable amp for them.

those saying the triple has greater clarity what are you using to drive them?

This could be part of the discrepency. I use a Pico or a Hornet M. The Pico is punchier and more defined with a lower noise floor in its signature and the Hornet has a warmer deeper bass house sound.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #40 of 47
After trying ie8,w3,530, i still go with TF10.
smily_headphones1.gif

If UE comes out another 4 drivers for universal fit, sure will bring up hype again.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mark - You and I may be the only two people on Head-Fi that find TFP's (unamped) soft, fuzzy and somewhat veiled. Yes, there are always differing opinions of what people hear but in over 5 years here on Head-Fi I find this difference of opinion (about TFP's) to be perhaps the biggest head-scratcher of all time. Also, many compare them to Ety with fuller sound (What???). I might consider ER4 and TFP as far apart on the spectrum as any other two IEM's. One is bright, razor sharp presentation and decay while the other is pretty much the opposite. Perhaps I had a bad pair? Hell, I'd call SE530 closer to ER4 than TFP's? It's certainly brighter.

i agree mostly, wouldnt say teh 530 is brighter on the whole. and like who compares them to etys????? just how???????

ah i think i really do need to buy a proper amp but what, im determined i dont want to get more than one, maaaaaaaaybe two at the absolute very very most. well not counting the 2 fiios i have but they not proper amps so dont count
atsmile.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

are u saying IE7 is in TF10's league?

maybe i shud audition the TF10 again then.

i auditioned TF10 today....and mark..i ve gotta say... IE7 is indeed better than TF10 in many ways.

maybe its because 150 hrs + burn in time on IE7.....and i think i m gonna do a review on them soon having heard nearly every Universal IEM out there in my quest for my perfect IEM.

(also heard Phonak Audeo PFE today)

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #44 of 47
Since I bought the TF10P, I've stopped looking for IEMs in general. There may be a lot of new IEMs that are pretty darn good and cost less, but I'm very satisfied with the balance and overall versatility of the TF10P sound.

If I had to do it again, I might have tried the IE8s, or some of the other dynamic driver based IEMs

Mar 4, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's just hype.
when something new comes out, it gets hyped. people hear the hype, and buy it over something not as hyped.
then they hype it more.

You can't say something is hyped without hearing it for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back