UE Triple Fi. 10 Dropped Off the Face of the Earth?
Feb 26, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #16 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree 100 percent. They did innovate with the SA6s. Maybe a little too much, as it turned out. But the idea of flexibility certainly is great with the PFEs (gray filters), as I sit here enjoying Herbie Hancock's jazz piano with the PFEs, T4 and Clip.

Yes, perhaps they did innovate too much!
wink.gif
Still, such ambition and creativness and dedication to an innovative and unique idea or vision (to commit to acting upon and physically producing it), designed to leave a mark and impression on the marketplace and/or consumer, is something I highly respect and admire; they had the confidence and gall to go for it without holding back. I think the success of the SA6 will stand them in good stead for what they do next in the universal IEM playing field. Maybe, due to it's systemic failings in regards to build quality, the SA6 will fail/fade with time, but the success of it's ideas etc, I believe, will fuel Sleek Audio as a compnay/IEM producer, to continue to grow, blossom and suceed. This coupled with their enthusiasm for what they do and their strong mentality and commitment to evolving and/or learning.

The Phonaks are starting to attract my attention now lol. I am tempted but at the same time reluctant as I'm already laden with top end IEMs and I've definately given up on sampling the whole marketplace now with the rate of new models and/or manufacturers that appear at an increasingly alarming rate! The IE7/8's, Westone 3's, Phonak Audeo's have all been released since November 08, and look to be of a SQ and popularity to put themselves in the IEM big boys bracket. Not only that, but Sleek, Klipsch, UE's and Shure could have new models being developed for near future release! I'm starting to realse that I can't feasibly try everything
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #17 of 47
well as ive said on here before im not a huge fan of the triples, but then i say that i mean i compare them to my other member of the the big 4 and i much prefer the 530.

the triples are still excellent and still hold their rightful place in the big 4 for a very good reason

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #18 of 47
I havn't listened to mine for a lil while, but they are an excellent IEM and I am a fan of their sound sig; I'm always surprised how an IEM that, according to it's spec, only extends as high as 17 KHz has such good treble presence and detail!

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I havn't listened to mine for a lil while, but they are an excellent IEM and I am a fan of their sound sig; I'm always surprised how an IEM that, according to it's spec, only extends as high as 17 KHz has such good treble presence and detail!

Do you have the IE8? I just got a pair for $222, I think (long story. See the IE thread). Are they as great as people say? If so, I am going to sell something else to finance them. I also have too many phones around here. It needs to stop.

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have the IE8? I just got a pair for $222, I think (long story. See the IE thread). Are they as great as people say? If so, I am going to sell something else to finance them. I also have too many phones around here. It needs to stop.

I do have the IE8, yes, but I can't really give you an anywhere near firm assessment of how I find them, sonically, yet as I havn't really listened to them critically (probably cos I'm always intending to put them through a focused burn-in sesh before I do; I have about 40 hours on them now from normal use) nor have I experimented with tips beyond casually. They are nontheless pretty impressive.

I havn't been blown away by anything about them yet but then I've never really done a focused listen with them, always listening, or semi-listening, as I am doing something else and/or multi-tasking. Their soundstage is impressive though, wide and deep. Their bass has a unique quality to my ears also, delivered with more texture and impact than any other IEM I have or have listened to to date (I'd put this down to the dynamic driver technology, of which this is the first specimen I've listened to). It could be cause I've not given them a dedicated listen as of yet, but I have the impression their sound reproduction is quite fuzzy and slightly glazed and not so strikingly sharp and resolved as say the TF10's or even SE530's. This could also be as a result of limited burn-in though.

Other than SQ and sonic signature, the fit is a little strange and took me a while to feel my way into and find the optimum way of inserting. Linked to fit and I know it's one of the more common criticisms levelled at the IE8, isolation is not fantastic at all (but more than satisfactory for my needs when music is playing back). Good luck with em!
icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #21 of 47
It will be interesting, since I already have the W3s and the PFEs to compare. Worst case, I burn them in for the seemingly mandatory 150+ hours (though some have said as little as 30) and if they either don't impress me or they don't fit well, I will just sell them on HF for the price I paid. I am sure to get some happy buyers. If I like them, then I will have to figure out how to pay for them (sell off my Minibox perhaps, since I really like the T4, and the IE8s apparently do not really need an amp, while the PFEs do in my view). Thanks for the info.

The terms fuzzy and glazed don't sound good, but let's hope it's the burn-in factor. I do realize they are not gonna be on the same level as the W3s or even the PFEs on the clarity front, or at least I was warned about this this morning. But we'll see. This will be the end(?) of of quest, in a sense. I am not gonna try the TF10s or the 530s at this point, and even if newer top tier IEMs emerge, I'm weary of the entire cycle. Many of those who have fallen in love with the IE8s already owned the other top phones, so I will use their experience. I am concerned about fit, but I am pretty lucky on that front usually.

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #22 of 47
the clarity on TF10 is much better than IE8 or IE7 imo.

but they lack the punch..and their design is kinda inconvenient..too much protruding.

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #23 of 47
As you say, at the price you're paying in particular, it's certainly worth trying them out and seeing what you make of em and then if u wana keep em. Look forward to your impressions!

Feb 26, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the clarity on TF10 is much better than IE8 or IE7 imo.

but they lack the punch..and their design is kinda inconvenient..too much protruding.

oh i so dissagree, its partly why i not a great fan of the triples, they have a softness and slightly fuzzy sound to them. thats what i feel gives them there gigantic feeling sound but i feel the IE7 is sharper, not as sharp as the 530 though or er4 but certainly sharper than the triple

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #25 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh i so dissagree, its partly why i not a great fan of the triples, they have a softness and slightly fuzzy sound to them. thats what i feel gives them there gigantic feeling sound but i feel the IE7 is sharper, not as sharp as the 530 though or er4 but certainly sharper than the triple

Triple-fis soft/fuzzy-huh?

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

yes, not in comparison to most things obviously, i just prefer a crisper sound

Okay because usually I hear the opposite, esp from the 530 crowd who like a warmer sound and not the punchy bass and crisper sound of the triple-fis. Is it the Etys that are high treble, its been a while since I was in an iem discussion..

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #28 of 47
the bass on the triples is punchy which i dont really like, all punch not smooth, deep and controlled like the 530, mids are lacking and the highs are bright but a bit like the etys the highs just sound a little artificial to me.

lol like i said im not a huge fan of them but i am being very harsh on them, they do wipe the floor with most of whats out there but when you get to big 4 status you have to start getting really picky between them or we would all just say nothing other than "OMG they iz just soooooo amzin!!!!"

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #29 of 47
Ya, on the high end it is just a matter of taste, I like a warm sound at times & even though the 530s have been called muddy often, it probably wouldn't bother me. Got to say though most of the high end equipment I have heard has more of the punchy sound like I hear in the triple-fis. The final thing that pushed my original decision away from the 530s though was the cable fraying and breaking issue otherwise it could have gone either way. All the top end models seem to have their strengths and weaknesses and are enjoyable, I am quite content with the Triple-fi though.

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #30 of 47
Quote:

are u saying IE7 is in TF10's league?

maybe i shud audition the TF10 again then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back