UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard.
Jul 22, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #46 of 81
Be careful what you wish for, my friend.
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #48 of 81
Not really. All the abovementioned dynamics and DBA02 have a lot better bass response, amount and decay. HF5 definitely has better highs.
(probably ex600 and gr07 too, but I didn't have the direct comparison at the time)
The only thing these all have in common (except RE262 I think, which is better) is the soundstaging without deep insertion.

That Personal Subwoofer is just an equalizer. No equalizer can create extension when there's nothing.

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #51 of 81
I am having a ball trying out a bunch of different IEM's...so far i got:
 UE700
 Sleek SA-6 Original
 Sleek SA-1
 Shure SE210
 Woodees- "The Blues"
 Woodees- "Vintage" 
And the UE700's and Sleek SA-6 are my favorites, I got the UE's as part of a trade and found the original SA-6 at TTVJ's website for half price, I look forward to hearing the new versions from Sleek as they are pretty detail oriented and the UE700's have more dynamic feel and that thing you can't really label-toe tapping enthusiasm. The most I've spent on these are like 129 for one pair so far, and I'm diggin it. On the flip side I just ordered a pair of full size HE 5 LE's and a Schiit Lyr amp to play them through. I'll try the IEM's with the amp I'm sure.

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #52 of 81
Thats why I haven't gotten the Triple Fi whatever it is because they look uncomfy, plus I never have the cash when its on sale. I will try Westone's next, and some hifiman

Jul 24, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #55 of 81

Quote:
I would steer clear of the DBAs and get the Brainwavz B2s, which are pretty much the same IEM. Mainly, that is for warranty purposes.

I have owned the B2s and they are very good, but don't have the UE700s. So tough call. Are you getting the UE700 for $100? Because the B2s are available for $130 or $140, I think, via Amazon.  Anyway, I wish I could help. but can't. I do know that the UE500vi isn't too far from the B2s, similar sound signatures with good seals. The B2s are good, though. Tough call.

What's wrong with the DBA warranty? Can you describe the b2 sound sig? UE 700 still cheaper though.

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #56 of 81
UE700s have a lot of distortions at high volumes -- more than my Metro.Fi 220s (one of the lowest of UE iems). Also, I'd had the DBAs for a while and I don't think they'll break. They will go past the waranty easily =|

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #57 of 81

I haven't read any of the reviews on the UE700s yet, that was just based on my personal experience. They becomes extremely strained and lose their quality at higher volumes, especially the bass.

Quote:
Distortions at high volumes? What exactly does that mean? Read some reviews of the UE700s and while not all are 5-star, no one mentioned distortions at high volumes. And listening at high volumes can cause distortions to your hearing over the long haul.

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #58 of 81
I've been looking at these earphones for a couple of weeks now. I've managed to find them on sale for £80, so around $130. Most other places are priced about £130 about $210. 

I wouldn't have paid full price for them, but they seem a bit of a bargain at £80. What does everyone think?

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #59 of 81
m8te- I am the OP and I got mine in a trade where I clearly made out the best because I have bought4 or 5 pair of IEM's others have chosen that would sound better than the UE700's and they haven't to me sounded so much better as to make me not use them everyday. I use them when I'm out an about or chillin in my aprtment or some Sleek Audio SA-6's, these UE700 are easy to listen to and are not missing anything that I can hear. If these broke I'd pay 130 in a heartbeat to get another pair. I'm not saying these are "THE" IEM's, I'm just saying they are overlooked by alot of people who'd probably really love them. Its all about the sound to me thats it, if they sound good they stay if not they get replaced. These have been with me for months now...I still enjoy them.

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #60 of 81

Quote:
m8te- I am the OP and I got mine in a trade where I clearly made out the best because I have bought4 or 5 pair of IEM's others have chosen that would sound better than the UE700's and they haven't to me sounded so much better as to make me not use them everyday. I use them when I'm out an about or chillin in my aprtment or some Sleek Audio SA-6's, these UE700 are easy to listen to and are not missing anything that I can hear. If these broke I'd pay 130 in a heartbeat to get another pair. I'm not saying these are "THE" IEM's, I'm just saying they are overlooked by alot of people who'd probably really love them. Its all about the sound to me thats it, if they sound good they stay if not they get replaced. These have been with me for months now...I still enjoy them.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you that they are over looked, I had done so because of the price, retailing at £160 so about $250 until now. As they have come down a lot I have added them into my list. I've been looking at the new Beyer Dynamnics DTX101 iE. It's always hard recommending ear/headphones as peoples tastes are so different. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back