UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard.
May 1, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #31 of 81

Quote:

I did a comparison of the UE700 vs. the SE215 and posted it here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542003/new-shure-se215-first-impressions/480#post_7404541

I rated the SE215s higher than the UE700s for their better bass response, though from a microphonics and being discrete in public standpoint, the UE700s win.

The e500s I own have a distinctly different sound signature compared to the SE530s I own.  I bought the SE530s to be a back-up pair to the aging e500s and was disappointed to find the difference in sound signature.  I purchased them about 3 years apart.  Perhaps there were some manufacturing changes between the manufacturing dates which impacted the sound signature.  My e500s have a stronger bass presence and a richer presentation than the SE530s.

*** Update *** I went back and rechecked the "spaciousness" quality difference between the SE215 and UE700s described in the link above using a different source track, Tomita's version of "Sunrise" from the Grand Canyon Suite by Grofe.  Based on this track, I'd give the edge in 3D ambience to the UE700s.

thanks for that nice to see how they stack up, interesting point about the shures and now that you mention it you could well be right im pretty sure the e500 does not feature the bass port on the dual low drivers that the se530 has, which is suppose to extend bass response blah blah blah, might explain why the e500 sound tighter to you.

May 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #32 of 81
Hey eclein, glad your still enjoying them.

I agree they are great IEM's I didn't really enjoy them as much as I do now until I used the new spherical comply tips though. They were more average with the older tips that came with them (IMO of course). I had the old version at one point with the older comply tips and thought they were good but not great. With these tips I'm fine as this being the only IEM I have left.
I've owned several well regarded IEM's and these are my favourite of the bunch.

May 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #33 of 81

Quote:
Well, I'd recommend the GR07 at $150.  You can also find the triple.fi 10 around there (maybe $30-40 more), which is probably a lot better than the UE700.  Of course, it all depends on what you're looking for.  The RE0/RE-ZERO cost even less than $100 and are amazing for their price, but have a totally different sound signature - more cold and analytical.

Just curious...where have you seen the triple.fi 10s for $150-200? I'm not challenging you, I just want to know where to go. I've not seen them for less than ~$250, but I probably haven't looked as hard as I might.

Thanks in advance.

May 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #35 of 81
And I'm wondering what kind of horrendous online stores you've been checking that sell them for more than $250. At this point selling them for more than $150 is just robbery.

Quote:

Just curious...where have you seen the triple.fi 10s for $150-200? I'm not challenging you, I just want to know where to go. I've not seen them for less than ~$250, but I probably haven't looked as hard as I might.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #37 of 81

Quote:
Hi, I just got these.

I love them, however, do they bleed a lot of sound, or is it just me?
Feel like they're almost as much as Koss Porta Pro o_O.

Bad seal maybe?

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #39 of 81
Maybe, I used first those that were on it to begin with, because they fit my ear, and they didn't seal it in very well. Then I tried the foam.

The reason why I'm asking is that I'm a university student, and I can't have them bleeding sound while I'm in study hall. =/

Is it a common problem or am I just using the wrong foam tips/rubber-thingies?

Jun 22, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #40 of 81
Honestly, I've never had someone comment on noise bleed coming from my UE700's. To be honest, they just aren't playing loud enough for that to even happen. I can keep them playing and take them out of my ears and it becomes very hard to hear anything.

I guess you could if you turned them up really high, but you'd be damaging your ears if you did that. The foam tips they come with are the Comply Foam ones. You shouldn't be getting any noise bleed.

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #44 of 81
I still have UE 4vi, the signature is actually pretty similar to UE700 with the following differences:
1) less mid-high boost on UE700
2) worse extension in UE4
3) less microphonics on UE700
4) better comfort due to better shape in UE700

Now the trick is that Sleek SA6 beats UE700 in everything except high extension, which is very close. Except build quality, but that's fixed with SA6-R. So yes, the consensus is that most UE products are pretty overpriced.

Jul 22, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #45 of 81
I also got them cheaply(65€) on a Logitech sale. Cant complain on that price, but probably wouldnt pay a lot more. Sound is very clean, but i would wish for a bit more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back