TWag Replacement cable for the balanced Protector
Jan 26, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #47 of 169
That truly is the best way to judge the quality of the amp. Quality in and quality out says that's a great little amp.

Now maybe you have talked Ray into sending you a prototype protector that will use the new balanced connector as an input. You'll fashion up a new balanced cable from the Cary to the Protector and then balance from the Protector through to your JH13Pros.
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #50 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I suggest making up a balanced Protector connector to dual-XLR female with TWag and send it out for the LA meet that Ray will be debuting the Protector at on 1/30/10?

I believe that Ray is showing off my balanced cable there....

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #55 of 169
What are you talking about? If you're referring to that pic, that is an adaptor...

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #56 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That truly is the best way to judge the quality of the amp. Quality in and quality out says that's a great little amp.

Now maybe you have talked Ray into sending you a prototype protector that will use the new balanced connector as an input. You'll fashion up a new balanced cable from the Cary to the Protector and then balance from the Protector through to your JH13Pros.
biggrin.gif

^ thats what i was asking about, makes it sound like he got one with a balanced input

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #57 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ thats what i was asking about, makes it sound like he got one with a balanced input

That would totally eliminate its utility as a portable amp, unless there were to be a proprietary RSA PMP... Ready for a new project, Ray?
o2smile.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #58 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would totally eliminate its utility as a portable amp, unless there were to be a proprietary RSA PMP... Ready for a new project, Ray?
o2smile.gif

It would so you could use it balanced at home, along with using the single ended input when portable. I would really like that functionality. though after re reading the main thread, it appears that it wouldnt do any good anyways. The protector does its voltage gain on the standard signal, and then sends it through the phase splitter, and then off to the output stage. So balanced input would actually do zero good, since it doesnt have 4 voltage gain stages anyways.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #59 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that, but I didn't think the black wire was TWag. If it is, very cool.

It isn't...it is that wire that Ray sells on his side that is military grade or w/e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back