TWag Replacement cable for the balanced Protector
Jan 14, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #31 of 169
How much will the SQ changed with an extra connector in the path?

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #34 of 169
Craig, can you give us an update on teh status of the balance Twag? It seems like the Protector is getting ready soon.

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #36 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting for connectors from Ray. Then I should be able to establish pricing and a release date.

Craig

Ray mentioned in a recent post on The Protector, he would sell the connector for $2.50 to an individual with an amp purchase. I don't think it is a special price as early in the thread I recall him mentioning the connector only cost like $2.00.

Jan 23, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #37 of 169
After having a GREAT conversation with Ray today, I must say that I was overwhelmed with his reaction with the Protector and my Elite replacement cable!!

I have a feeling that this will be a marriage worth talking about.

I should be receiving my Protector VERY soon and will post my reaction. If its even close to Ray's impression, than we are entering into foreign grounds here...

More details to follow on pricing for a new cable and to re-cable an already existing replacement cable.

I should have the connectors next week and at that time will be in full prototype mode. However, perhaps its already complete?

Craig

Jan 23, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #38 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much will the SQ changed with an extra connector in the path?

Great question. This should be mentioned when I have the amp.

Craig

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #39 of 169
Quote:

After having a GREAT conversation with Ray today,
I should be receiving my Protector VERY soon and will post my reaction. If its even close to Ray's impression, than we are entering into foreign grounds here...

Craig

It must be nice to have connections!!!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #40 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It must be nice to have connections!!!!
biggrin.gif

Actually, it really is!!
bigsmile_face.gif

How is the balanced cable??

Craig

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #41 of 169
Quote:

Actually, it really is!!
bigsmile_face.gif

How is the balanced cable??

Craig

I haven't had a chance to listen since getting it back.
frown.gif

I probably should be downstairs listening to it right now instead of being on Head-Fi.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #42 of 169
Quote:

I haven't had a chance to listen since getting it back.
frown.gif

I probably should be downstairs listening to it right now instead of being on Head-Fi.

I listened to it for a while and I must say its really nice especially with the BUDA and Apache.

I will say that balanced really is a great match with these custom IEMs.

Craig

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #43 of 169
Quote:

I listened to it for a while and I must say its really nice especially with the BUDA and Apache.

I will say that balanced really is a great match with these custom IEMs.

Craig

If you haven't listened to the JH13Pro's balanced, I don't think you have really heard what they are capable of. I was listening to Norah Jone's latest album through my Apache and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Craig, I will be very interested in hearing your impression of "The Protector" compared to balanced from your Apache. I wonder how much of the WOW is the significantly improved source compared to the iPod as a source.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #44 of 169
Quote:

If you haven't listened to the JH13Pro's balanced, I don't think you have really heard what they are capable of. I was listening to Norah Jone's latest album through my Apache and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Craig, I will be very interested in hearing your impression of "The Protector" compared to balanced from your Apache. I wonder how much of the WOW is the significantly improved source compared to the iPod as a source.

The Apache is one of my favorite amps. If its even close, than I will be very impressed.

Plus I have some decent sources feeding my Apache as well!!

Craig

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #45 of 169
Quote:

The Apache is one of my favorite amps. If its even close, than I will be very impressed.

Plus I have some decent sources feeding my Apache as well!!

Craig

Will you run your Cary into the Protector to see what it is truly capable of? Of course it would have to be single ended through a mini but for you having a good quality cable like this laying around is probably not a problem.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back