TWag Replacement cable for the balanced Protector
Jan 9, 2010 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 169

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
Its with my great pleasure to introduce my new product:

TWag Balanced Replacement Cable!!

NEW "Y" Splitter!!

Its half the thickness.

After emails, conversations, etc, Ray Samuels has asked me to create cables for his new and the first portable balanced amp; Protector.

Info:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/fi...-world-460603/

This comes from the success of the TWag replacement cable that many if you have and some have more than one...
ph34r.gif

So, here is a first look!!
4257831333_f4a60b9a7d_m.jpg

4257829387_23dec977af_m.jpg

4257830403_b25ac153d1_m.jpg

This is made from the very popular TWag stranded UP-OCC Cryo'd (CryoParts) wire.

There is a hand made solid bubinga y splitter. Its terminated with a male balanced connector.

Comes in 2 sizes:

48" - $300
64" - $350

To ORDER: http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/...le-cables.html
Compatible with JH Audio, Ultimate Ears, and Westone custom products.

Available NOW. Its not on my site yet since I'm cleaning some stuff up, but contact me for purchasing. For those of you that would like to re-terminate your existing TWag replacement cable, please contact me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com. Price of the work will be based on the price of the connector and labor.

Well, be apart of history when Ray introduces the very first portable balanced amp!!

Adaptors!! More details to follow.

Thanks!!
Craig

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 169
Is there a way to make a short adapter to go back to single
ended so I can still use it in my iPhone

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #8 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by travisg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a way to make a short adapter to go back to single
ended so I can still use it in my iPhone

Right now no, but that can change.

You have me thinking. Thats usually good!!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #9 of 169
Kool if not I may just have to order a new cable. A man can't have enough TWag you know!

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #12 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by travisg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your opinion on the connector Ray decided on is it a good quality plug?

Ray and I were talking about it. I can't comment on the SQ since the Protector is not available, but when making the replacement cable, I love the durability. I really do think this is a winner especially for portable use!!

Craig

Jan 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #13 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray and I were talking about it. I can't comment on the SQ since the Protector is not available, but when making the replacement cable, I love the durability. I really do think this is a winner especially for portable use!!

Craig

I was talking with Ray about it as I actually asked Craig if he could make pigtails for a SE and regular balance as all you would need is the same plug that is included in the Protector. Ray indicated he spent a lot of time looking for the right connector that he knew would most likely become the standard and not some proprietary connector. We all know Ray's build quality so I am very comfortable that Ray would not select anything that wouldn't hold up land and would have the best sound possible.

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #14 of 169
Great looking cable once again Craig, can't wait to see this pair(Protector and cable) in action!!! Anything on a Twag iMod cable yet? Thanks!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back