Tutorial : WASAPI support for KMPlayer, having a top-notch video/audio player
Dec 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #76 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats what is really weird about the whole thing with computer audio. Bitperfect might only mean "trying to be" bitperfect because not all players sound the same. This might mean that they buffer the data in some way that all the bits can go through instead of skipping some when the hardware is not fast enough to deliver everything on time. Anything in the software that can cause any eq or effect already makes the music not bitperfect right? Then why do eqs still work with wasapi on? Its only kmplayer with reclock where effects dont work when reclock is on. Either way, just go with what makes you happy. Its probably better to think that its totally bitperfect and be happy than to be paranoid like me
biggrin.gif

something I've noticed when I have reclock on. the volume control on my kmplayer software no longer works, so i have to adjust volume from usb dac. however my parametric eq plugin still works.

I thought something was bit perfect when the software can't change the volume? so is my music still "bit-perfect" despite being run through a parametric eq?

PS: Something else, having reclock on makes youtube videos not work in firefox. I have to switch reclock off in KMPlayer then restart Firefox to make youtube videos have sound.. anyone else have this problem?

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #77 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but don't complain, the CMI8788 based soundcards(Asus/HT.Omega/Razer/etc..) are not automatically bit-matched AT ALL...they have a fixed sample rate in the drivers = end of story.

This sound to me, that maybe they aren't bit perfect at all..
The Emu1212M is not automatically bit matched either, but it doesn't resample at all,
if you play a 96khz file with PatchMix DSP(Emu set up console) locked at 44.1, then there'll a message like "please change patchmix profile",
so the card is resampleless for sure..
Since the cards you mention do some resampling, probably they do all the time,
even if you match the sample rate, so even if you play 44.1 with console locked to 44.1, the audio will pass through the same filters resampled from 44.1 to 44.1, losing the bit perfect paradise

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #78 of 161
considering that they resample even KS and ASIO(and WASAPI too?), and that whatever you do the graphic EQ in the drivers still works....only a test w/ a DTS-CD/HDCD in S/PDIF would give a clear status of their bit-perfect ability, but yes I have my doubts too ^^

yes, my VIA drivers are the same...if I play a 44.1kHz file in DS, then try to open a 96kHz in KS...I get an error msg "cannot set hardware samplerate", the Asus card will resample the two streams to the rate set in the drivers...it's a resampling/jitter feast tonight
alandon.gif

I think the Emu's also have bitmatched ASIO, though.

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #79 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that [..] the buffer eat the first 200ms which is a big annoyance

problem solved: SlySoft Forum - View Single Post - ReClock 1.8.5.5

it also does 96/192kHz upsampling if that's something you fancy.

still no way to do gapless over Directshow I guess? KMP does seamless playback, but not for audio...so close!

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #80 of 161
Wow, that's a hell of a lot of steps to get that working.

I just use foobar2000 +WASAPI for the music, and The KMPlayer for movies, simple enough!

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #82 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that's a hell of a lot of steps to get that working.

I just use foobar2000 +WASAPI for the music, and The KMPlayer for movies, simple enough!

try xmplay guys. I dont know if its synergy or if it is more honest to the source or what but it gets rid of some senn veil and flabby bass compared to foobar even when both using asio. I dont get it!, the difference in sound between asio, wasapi, and directsound seem much smaller than the difference between the actual audio player software. Sometimes I feel ASIO has more bass than wasapi but sometimes I feel its placebo. The player SQ differences are bigger though. I would say that the difference in sound between foobar and xmplay for instance is bigger than even foobar with no effects applied vs foobar using my custom vst setting

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #83 of 161
well, I'm starting to think that sometimes when I got bored of some op-amps I was rolling, it was mostly the foobar KS pattern boring me
redface.gif

Reclock in KS w/ 192kHz upsampling sounds awesome, and even at 44.1/untouched it sounds much clearer than foobar...there I said it(using madflac and MPC)
biggrin.gif

and the MPC mp3 decoder works in 32float, and sounds really good...this I already noticed ages ago.

and Reclock has a built-in mechanism to lower the volume(in 32float) to avoid clipping when upsampling.

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #84 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, I'm starting to think that sometimes when I got bored of some op-amps I was rolling, it was mostly the foobar KS pattern boring me
redface.gif

Reclock in KS w/ 192kHz upsampling sounds awesome, and even at 44.1/untouched it sounds much clearer than foobar...there I said it(using madflac and MPC)
biggrin.gif

and the MPC mp3 decoder works in 32float, and sounds really good...this I already noticed ages ago.

and Reclock has a built-in mechanism to lower the volume(in 32float) to avoid clipping when upsampling.

roflcopter.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #86 of 161
after A while i'm feeling reclock/kmplayer is a little uncontrolled sounding. I would rather listen to J river media player and xmplay then itunes(tie with kmplayer/reclock depending on songs synergy with my cans) then foobar last in sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back