Tutorial : WASAPI support for KMPlayer, having a top-notch video/audio player
Sep 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #31 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparing to foobar2k with WASAPI plug-in the difference in sound quality is HUGE ! (relatively)

Which means very little to (most probably) none, or in other words: your credibility dwindled abruptly when I read that.
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #32 of 161
Thank you for your tutorial , I tried as you've instructed. I am using Windows 7, however,when I open a song, I can see that it is playing but there is no sound. What can be the problems? (I am using wasapi well with Foobar , but I only get 44.1 KHz, and I still can control the volume on Foobar, so it is not bit perfect?

How can I get bit perfect?

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #33 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which means very little to (most probably) none, or in other words: your credibility dwindled abruptly when I read that.
wink.gif

Not even a valid logic. You like foobar, but haven't tried setting up the poster's approach and denounce it as no improvement.

And quanghuy147, I know EXACTLY what you mean, I asked the same question....why the heck the volume still work.

So people....STOP SAYING FOOBAR TO BE THE BIT PERFECT HOLY GRAIL, ITS NOT!

Several months ago, after I did a new install of xp (I'm a programmer by trade, refresh is a quarterly business), installed asio4all, I got (foobar+foobar_native_asio_plugin) against (Jriver+jriver_native_asio_plugin) against (winamp+otachan_asio.dll) against Media monkey.

Jriver came out ahead on my listerning test, but that's not the point.

I could never be able to disable the volume on foobar,someone on the forum said setting volume control 0db or something like that, which didn't work for me.

Now even if there are new builds w/ that option working, I'm still curious, why would an "audiophile" software player doesn't have an option to "bypass everything" per se. When u have a volume/preamp layer in the code, it's there then, even if u set it 0db, or just leave it 100%.

I completely agree w/ poster that the preamp part of the foobar deform the sound, and it should've had the option to disable it.

That's like having a cheap radio shack digital volume control sitting in front of your DAC, before going to amplification.
ph34r.gif

Wish I can love it, but it's just wrong to me at their current implementation, unless someone can show me a completely no preamp fucntion of foobar build.

I use Ubuntu Karmic at home. After I uninstall pulseaudio, defeat the Dmix, all sound go straight into alsa mixer...which is the layer as close to the hardware as you can get. THEN, using "Audacious", the modern linux winamp clone, my favorite option - "Bypass all of signal processing if possible", w/ a setting of alsa output plugin - hw:0,0 . Now thats a freakin straight path!

BTW, just upgraded to windows 7 64bits (work comp), will try the wasapi because its there already. If not work, asio4all team is working hard to fix bugs. jriver will work too w/ it in 64 env, and guess what happen if the asio plugin is active in jriver.......volume doesn't work!
beyersmile.png

...sorry for the long post...

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #34 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by btbluesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not even a valid logic.

btbluesky, your post has nothing to do with this kmplayer discussion.

Maybe you should try to open a new thread (preferably on hydrogenaudio) about your problems.

I don't know what you're talking about, maybe you don't even know yourself.

.. and I'm also software developer, so what?

PS: new sig
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #35 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btbluesky, your post has nothing to do with this kmplayer discussion.

Maybe you should try to open a new thread (preferably on hydrogenaudio) about your problems.

I don't know what you're talking about, maybe you don't even know yourself.

.. and I'm also software developer, so what?

PS: new sig
tongue.gif

Um....and the point in your post is what? I dun know myself?!
tongue_smile.gif
Well... thats wut all my ex said. (you not chick right
confused_face(1).gif
)

My post have 2 points: 1. your 1 st is not even logical regarding kmplayer vs foobar. 2. And the poor guy can't get foobar+wasapi working right on top of the volume issue. I'm simply telling the guy to try something else beside foobar based on my real exp.

Now if u have a point regarding kmplayer, say it...and stop acting like a chick.

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #37 of 161
OK, question to KMplayer experts
How to send aac 5.1 to external receiver,
There's an option on KMPlayer to decode on the fly aac5.1 to ac3, so the receiver can read,(the KM is maybe the only windows player capable), but when I use this there's like degrading the SQ, comparing to sending raw ac3 to receiver,
Is there any other way?, I dont see yet any receiver capable of aac 5.1, though this format is very good,
Does it work with Wasapi too?

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #38 of 161
I noticed that aac whether nero or apple or apple lossless files dont sound very good with this player using the settings on the first page. Mp3 comes much closer to the original flac played with it. Whats wrong here, its like any m4a files sound dull and lack dynamics

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #40 of 161
the audio part of KMP is mostly an old hacked version of ffdshow, and it's strange noone complains about the 200ms glitch at the beginning of each song due to Reclock...I really cannot stand it, it blanks the first 200ms(default is 500ms) and makes a loud glitch.

I've asked James on many occasions if he could allow an audio-only Reclock w/o buffering, but he never considered it...to him Reclock is video-only, end of story.
Quote:

STOP SAYING FOOBAR TO BE THE BIT PERFECT HOLY GRAIL, ITS NOT!

the 64bit volume attenuator in foobar is not windows-based, if you leave it at 0dB...you do get bit-perfect through KS/ASIO/WASAPI exclusive.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #42 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 64bit volume attenuator in foobar is not windows-based, if you leave it at 0dB...you do get bit-perfect through KS/ASIO/WASAPI exclusive.

Do you have any proof about that? Has foobar team put down their foot in some sort of writing that thats what happen?

BTW, I never said anything about the vol being "windows-based". Even if its their own mixer/preamp layer code, its function is changing the volume, and it WILL change the bits if it is enabled.

Not trying to argue, just want to have some assurance. Otherwise I'll be using something else that has NO volume-adjust/preamp function, thats all.

BTW, great post. Got it working great in Win 7 x64->paradisea. VERY SWEET SOUNDING....like the part in reclock where it says "WASAPI excl. (bit exact)". This'll be my default setup at work from now on.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #43 of 161
Whether or not were getting paranoid about non bitperfect volume controls, I still notice foobar sounding more laid back(and sloppier in the bass) than kmplayer when playing flacs or mp3s. Itunes is closer sounding to kmplayer with mp3s. AAC is better overall with itunes than kmplayer because some aacs dont sound good with KMP.

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #44 of 161
Quote:

Do you have any proof about that? Has foobar team put down their foot in some sort of writing that thats what happen?

I do know ppl who have checked if foobar/KS on XP was bit-perfect..and it was.

Actually, anyone w/ a S/PDIF amp can check it w/ a DTS-CD/HDCD/etc..

You still can go to the foobar forum and ask them? Beware, they have short temper over there...your thread can be killed/you banned w/o further warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back