Tutorial : WASAPI support for KMPlayer, having a top-notch video/audio player
Aug 15, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #16 of 161
you can use some older Reclock build that still support KS..the newest ones ditched KS support for WASAPI exclusive only.

you might have to play around w/ the bit depth in Reclock...as WASAPI can be picky, I think it only support 32bit on some audio cards? there won't be any conversion, it'll be padded.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #18 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this better than foobar w/ ASIO? or just an alternative

it makes glitches at beginning of each song(due to Reclock's internal prebuffer), if you're reminiscent of the vynil sound...then it's great!
happy_face1.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #19 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this better than foobar w/ ASIO? or just an alternative

Do a comparison and hear for yourself.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it makes glitches at beginning of each song(due to Reclock's internal prebuffer), if you're reminiscent of the vynil sound...then it's great!
happy_face1.gif

What do you mean ? You find the sound more natural, closer to a vinyl ?

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #21 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can use some older Reclock build that still support KS..the newest ones ditched KS support for WASAPI exclusive only.

you might have to play around w/ the bit depth in Reclock...as WASAPI can be picky, I think it only support 32bit on some audio cards? there won't be any conversion, it'll be padded.

Well I've got ReClock 1.6 with KS support which works fine in XP but switching it on in W7 x64 gives me no sound.

Anyway, this and the fact that W7 refuses to allow two applications to use audio at once (say Foobar2000 and KMPlayer or Foobar2000 and a flash video) is reason enough for me to stick with XP since W7 has no real benefits anyway.

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #22 of 161
you don't have to go as far back as 1.6, as I wouldn't expect such an old build to work reliably on W7...look into the log at what version number WASAPI got introduced, somewhere around 1.8.30 or so

does KS work in foobar/winamp? because KS is obsolete on Vista/W7, WASAPI takes over...many drivers engineers don't bother coding a DirectKS miniport in the drivers anymore, WaveRT is prefered.

W7 has many advantages for A/V applications over XP, like HPET support(XP wasn't meant for realtime applications) so your video playback timings will be far more accurate....glitch resiliance, etc etc

I didn't like Vista, hopefully I'll like W7...if I can remove all the junk
biggrin.gif

PS: again, try 32bit in Reclock...many KS/WASAPI implementations only work w/ this.

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #25 of 161
This is simply awesome, I wasn't expect such a noticeable difference actually, and I was pleasantly surprised, thanks.

A few problems:
1. I noticed in some audio files with really low bass, the bass seems to disappear at some point, I don't know how to describe this, but I compared the same file side by side with a winamp, winamp doesn't suffer from this problem.

2. When playing a video, the music will fast forward a little bit every few seconds, the video remains a constant flow though.

How do I solve these problems? BTW, I'm running a Q9550 and 4G of memory, the CPU load wasn't heavy at the time of playback either.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #26 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i cant live with no vst though. I still use the same plugin and settings leeperry

You can link through the Winamp plugins options in KMplayer to a VST bridge for winamp. This will give you VST support.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #27 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by SYSTEM ALCHEMiST /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is simply awesome, I wasn't expect such a noticeable difference actually, and I was pleasantly surprised, thanks.

A few problems:
1. I noticed in some audio files with really low bass, the bass seems to disappear at some point, I don't know how to describe this, but I compared the same file side by side with a winamp, winamp doesn't suffer from this problem.

2. When playing a video, the music will fast forward a little bit every few seconds, the video remains a constant flow though.

How do I solve these problems? BTW, I'm running a Q9550 and 4G of memory, the CPU load wasn't heavy at the time of playback either.

thanks you , sorry for the late respond i didn't see ...

1, Have you deactivate all audio plugin ? KMP is so complicated and has so many features you can easily get lost, normally in bit perfect mode the plugin sound cant affect the sound however i found out that the sound bandpass can still be controlled by the player, try to set the sound output to "original" no "stereo 2.0" or else because the player still have features that can affect the sound. I will make a picture tutorial.

2. That must be reclocker fault because he can readjust the sound to match the video resulting in sometime a slower or faster sound -also when using PAL slowdown mode you can get a slower sound- but you can disabled it, hit the box "slave reference to audio" in reclock properties but do it when the player is no playing -not even running is better-.

img-222921ym8pk.png

I haven't tested WASAPI on winamp yet i will try, winamp is also a excellent player for web radios.

Also : be sure to have the last reclock version here.

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #28 of 161
Thanks for the great write-up. Going to try this to see how it is. I've tried a lot of different players for music, but I keep coming back to Foobar because of speed+simplicity+some modifications. J river media center came close to replacing it, but it had some bugs of it's own. I wish foobar had a one-click dynamic random playlist creator. But anyways, I switched to Kmplayer after being a die-hard Media player classic user for a long time. Definitely a great player, let's see audio fares on it, never thought of using it for that.

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #29 of 161
Thanks, I'll test it out tonight after work.

Now since this WASAPI plug-in sounds so much better than before, I'm start wondering if my Tianyun Zero DAC purchase is worth it or not, hope I can get an even bigger wow with my DAC + WASAPI.

By the way, it doesn't seem like a lot of people have given this plug-in a try, I'm kind of surprised, maybe a full walkthrough with pics will get this more attention it deserved.

beerchug.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #30 of 161
I still prefer foobar2k. Foobar's audio library much more user friendly for music.

KMplayer is a nice video player though, I find that I'm using this for videos more often than Media player classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back